Anything could happen but I am going to Disney! An August 2023 PTR (new TR link 09/22)

What a great deal for your tickets!
I was pretty pleased! I envision a couple of late afternoons floating in the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon just bcause I can. :)
Good deal for the tix!
And you don’t have to be from the UK to get them??
No, I even heard of people with US addresses buying them successfully. Here's the link from the Canadian board that discusses them.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/tickets-available-on-the-uk-website.3844812/page-6

That's nice to have the flexibility of the UK tickets for your next trip. :)
Thanks Sue! I love being able to park hop and having the water parks is a great bonus. I am so looking forward to ten days in my happy place. :)

Just saw Disney annual pass sales are starting again this month. Just in case you’ve multiple trips planned.
Thanks Moira! I would love to get an AP again but it wouldn't work out this year. I won't be doing WDW next summer as we are going to Disneyland for the first time! And also to Aulani in Hawaii afterwards for 8 days. That's our big trip to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and Bill's retirement.

Thanks for thinking of me though and giving me a heads up, I appreciate it! :)

Sounds like you have some amazing trips planned! Congratulations on your silver wedding anniversary and to Bill in his upcoming retirement

The 14 day UK tickets are great. We love being able to take a break with some mini golf or a water park day. Plus I couldn’t imagine not hoping to Epcot of an evening 🍸🍷🥤🧉😂
For me they spell freedom and happiness 😊

Sounds like you have some amazing trips planned! Congratulations on your silver wedding anniversary and to Bill in his upcoming retirement
I have so much to learn about Disneyland and Hawaii. Good thing I have the next 15 months to research, plan and save money. I am going to need to save alot. Plane tickets alone to LA and Hawaii are $$$$.
The 14 day UK tickets are great. We love being able to take a break with some mini golf or a water park day. Plus I couldn’t imagine not hoping to Epcot of an evening 🍸🍷🥤🧉😂
For me they spell freedom and happiness 😊
I was so pleased to be able to buy those tickets! It almost seemed too good to be true but they linked up perfectly. I am so excited for a 10 day trip with some new experiences to enjoy. :)

Let's go to Epcot!

My absolute favourite ride is Guardians so you can be sure I will be up super early to grab a virtual queue for it! I have no need to ride Remy as it makes me sick and I think 80% of the queue is incredibly boring. My two other Epcot favourites are LwtL and the Seas pavilion. So I can see the day going something like this;

* arrive for early entry
* ride Spaceship Earth
* Land pavilion for LwtL
and Soarin'
* grab chocolate coconut macaron at Sunshine Seasons
* Seas pavilion to visit the cutest mantees ever!IMG_1531.JPEG
I love these guys so much. As some of you may remember, my oldest son, Jack, has loved manatees since he was a little boy. So this is a must do every trip.

* Check out the new Moana Living Water exhibit
* Listen to a set by the Jammitors
* Get a scavenger hunt for World Showcase
* Start World Showcase unique snack challenge. I am not drinking as much these days so I decided to focus on unique snacks around World Showcase. Hit me up with some of your favourites! Don't get me wrong, I will still go to La Cava but cost and health reasons have me being a bit more moderate these days.
*Ride GotG (fingers crossed for Everyone Wants to Rule the World)

* Head back to BRV for a nap/relax/pool time!IMG_2170.jpeg
For dinner tonight I am thinking the lounge at Steakhouse 71. I really enjoyed it last summer and then I can walk to my evening park of choice, Magic Kingdom! Now you know I am obsessed with HEA and cannot wait to see it again. Here's the question though.....do I do a dessert party? Before party, after party, sweets and seats? This would be a splurge but it will also be my first time seeing HEA since August '21 so you know I want it to be perfect! What should I do? Have you done a dessert party before? Is it worth it?

1681049160248.jpeg

You know I am going to cry, lol! Every time!

That's a wrap on day 2 plans....132 days to go!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

My absolute favourite ride is Guardians
It's such a fun ride. :)
I have no need to ride Remy as it makes me sick and I think 80% of the queue is incredibly boring.
Sorry to hear that. I didn't mind the queue, but... yeah, kinda... sparse.
arrive for early entry
yes
ride Spaceship Earth
yes
Land pavilion for LwtL and Soarin'
yes
grab chocolate coconut macaron at Sunshine Seasons
NO
Seas pavilion to visit the cutest mantees ever!
yes
Check out the new Moana Living Water exhibit
Where is this?
I decided to focus on unique snacks around World Showcase. Hit me up with some of your favourites!
Hmmm... Chocolate covered pineapple or Rice Krispie cake, Germany.
Croque Glace at L’Artisan de Glaces is on my list but haven't tried it yet.

For dinner tonight I am thinking the lounge at Steakhouse 71. I really enjoyed it last summer and then I can walk to my evening park of choice, Magic Kingdom!
I like that plan. :)
Here's the question though.....do I do a dessert party? Before party, after party, sweets and seats?
Yes!
I prefer during as you can sit, sip & munch while watching the show.
Have you done a dessert party before? Is it worth it?
::yes::
To both questions. No one fighting you for your square foot of concrete? No one hoisting their kid on their shoulders in front of you? Yes.
You know I am going to cry, lol! Every time!
Awwww. :hug:
Happy Easter to all who celebrate!
Same to you!

I hope Moana is open when you take this trip. It will be really nice to have the area open again. The construction has taken much too long.

It's such a fun ride. :)
Agreed! I laugh like a little kid the entire time.
But why???? Yummy delicious coconut. You know you want to try it..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Where is this?
It is going to be located in World Nature (basically that nasty construction site in the middle of Future World). Apparently it will be open in fall 2023 but I am hoping for August. :)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/attractions/epcot/journey-of-water/
Hmmm... Chocolate covered pineapple or Rice Krispie cake, Germany.
Croque Glace at L’Artisan de Glaces is on my list but haven't tried it yet.
The chocolate covered pineapple sounds delicious!
Yes!
I prefer during as you can sit, sip & munch while watching the show.
I like the idea of the seated party during the show as well but apparently those tickets go super fast
To both questions. No one fighting you for your square foot of concrete? No one hoisting their kid on their shoulders in front of you? Yes.
So glad it was a positive expereince. You are definitely pushing me further into the yes camp.
I hope Moana is open when you take this trip. It will be really nice to have the area open again. The construction has taken much too long.
Right??? If I never see another construction wall in Epcot, it will be too soon!

Your plans sound great. I love the dark chocolate sea salt caramel from Germany and the crepes in France plus I always stop at the Rose and Crown for a g&t (and sometimes a fish supper if I’m hungry). Love the wee seating area behind the check in podium that we only discovered wasn’t part of reserved seating last summer. I have never done a dessert party but they sound amazing. I like the idea of the seated one during the fireworks but really any of them would be pretty amazing.

Agreed! I laugh like a little kid the entire time.
:laughing:
But why???? Yummy delicious coconut. You know you want to try it..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
noooooooooo...
It is going to be located in World Nature (basically that nasty construction site in the middle of Future World). Apparently it will be open in fall 2023 but I am hoping for August. :)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/attractions/epcot/journey-of-water/
Thanks! Big area!
I like the idea of the seated party during the show as well but apparently those tickets go super fast
And there's a reason they do.
Right??? If I never see another construction wall in Epcot, it will be too soon!
::yes::

My absolute favourite ride is Guardians so you can be sure I will be up super early to grab a virtual queue for it!

I didn't do so good on GOTG but I'm willing to give it another try.

I have no need to ride Remy as it makes me sick and I think 80% of the queue is incredibly boring.

I'm ok with not doing Remy again for awhile.

My two other Epcot favourites are LwtL and the Seas pavilion.

Love LWTL.

* Check out the new Moana Living Water exhibit

I hope it's open when you go. It looks so cool so far.

For dinner tonight I am thinking the lounge at Steakhouse 71.

I'm looking forward to trying this for the first time next week.

Now you know I am obsessed with HEA and cannot wait to see it again. Here's the question though.....do I do a dessert party?

Yes do the party. I don't know if the cost is really worth it but having a less crowded view for your first re-viewing is worth it to me.

Have you done a dessert party before? Is it worth it?

I've done the before and after party. I liked the after party better for not felling as rushed to enjoy more treats and for more time for my dinner to settle and leave room for the sweets.

Your plans sound great. I love the dark chocolate sea salt caramel from Germany and the crepes in France plus I always stop at the Rose and Crown for a g&t (and sometimes a fish supper if I’m hungry). Love the wee seating area behind the check in podium that we only discovered wasn’t part of reserved seating last summer. I have never done a dessert party but they sound amazing. I like the idea of the seated one during the fireworks but really any of them would be pretty amazing.
Thanks Moira! I really love the sea salt caramel too, so good! I haven't tried the crepes in France yet but will add them to the list. :)

I am getting lots of positive feedback on dessert parties. :goodvibes
And there's a reason they do.
I will have to be on my toes!
I didn't do so good on GOTG but I'm willing to give it another try.
My first ride was a little rough but I found as long as I just went with the music it was much better.
Love LWTL.
It's the best!
I'm looking forward to trying this for the first time next week.
I think you will really enjoy it. You must be getting so excited for your trip and seeing your sweet girl!

Are you dining at the restaurant or the lounge? I loved that you could get all the appetizers at the lounge. The bacon and eggs appie was out of this world!
Yes do the party. I don't know if the cost is really worth it but having a less crowded view for your first re-viewing is worth it to me.
I am definitely leaning that way!
I've done the before and after party. I liked the after party better for not felling as rushed to enjoy more treats and for more time for my dinner to settle and leave room for the sweets.
If I can't get sweets and seats, I would definitely go for the after party.

Are you dining at the restaurant or the lounge? I loved that you could get all the appetizers at the lounge. The bacon and eggs appie was out of this world!

We have an ADR for the restaurant. I keep reading that lunch is the better option but we're eating lunch at the The Edison.

Who wants to go on safari???

Today is my favourite park, Animal Kingdom! I love this park early in the morning, especially on the animal trails. It's just perfect!

I will head to the safari first with hopes of the lions being out early.
ijsdfif0-624x351.jpg

I would love to do one of the animal tours afterwards and am debating between the Caring for Giants or the Up Close with Rhinos. Have you done either one of these tours? Which one would you pick?

Another must do are the trails...both the Gorilla Falls and the Maharajah Jungle Trek. The aviary at Maharajah Jungle Trek is one of my favourite spots to just sit and be. So peaceful and relaxing.
maharajah-jungle-trek-animal-kingdom-birds-return-aviary-01-720x340.jpg

Next up will be what I affectionately call "The Bird Show". This is a must do for me each trip.

I am thinking of checking out Harambe Market for lunch today as I have been hearing great things about their grilled chicken bowl. I haven't eaten here since 2016 as Satuli and Nomads get most of my attention at AK. I am also looking at Dawa Bar for a little beverage after going to the Lion King show. Any favourites here?

Depending if Blizzard Beach is open, I may head there after AK for a relaxing float through the lazy river as it will be easy to toss a swimsuit and coverup in my park bag. Are the Blizzard Beach buses still running to AK? I seem to remember them from last year.

blizzard-beach.jpg

For evening plans, I am thinking of the lounge at Citricos. The Dis team just did a dining review there and the food looked absolutely incredible. Plus they have some fabulous zero proof cocktails that I would like to explore.

Most likely it will be a MNSSHP night so MK is out as an after dinner option. Would you hop on the monorail to Epcot? Go to Disney Springs and hang out? Or just enjoy the simple pleasures of being at the Lodge and watch the Electric Water Pageant and call it a night?

That pretty much sums it up for day 3. 125 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter