Anything could happen but I am going to Disney! An August 2023 PTR (new TR link 09/22)

Have you ever been to the House of Blues for their gospel brunch?
Never heard of it!
After brunch and a little shopping, I will hop on the bus to Coronado Springs! You may wonder why I am going to Coronado and it is for the aforementioned university....Sangria University, that is!
Hadn't heard of that either. Sounds kinda fun. :)
The evenings plans will be at Magic Kingdom, after all I have to see HEA as many times as possible.
:laughing: Of course!

I think your Sunday plans sound great. I’ve heard of both the brunch and sangria University but never been to either. “Jen & Joe on the go!” did the sangria university and have a video of their experience in their YouTube channel. Looks like great fun. Worth a watch if you’re curious :goodvibes

Last edited:

Hadn't heard of that either. Sounds kinda fun. :)
I am super excited for it! Plus it's always fun to resort hop and I love Coronado. :)
I think your Sunday plans sound great. I’ve heard of both the brunch and sangria University but never been to either. “Jen & Joe on the go!” did the sangria university and have a video of their experience in their YouTube channel. Looks like great fun. Worth a watch if you’re curious :goodvibes
Thanks Moira! With a longer trip, I have the opportunity to try some different things which is really fun. :) I think I've seen Jen's video before but will have to watch it again.
Great read!!!:flower1:::MickeyMo::MinnieMo
Thank you so much! I am happy you joined in. :)
I hope that they bring back the gospel brunch by August.

House of Blues has my favorite Sangria. :)
Oooh, now I want to try the sangria. Did you enjoy the food there?

Fabulous Sunday plans. You have plans to do all the things I've never done so I'm looking forward to reading about them when you get back.

Fabulous Sunday plans. You have plans to do all the things I've never done so I'm looking forward to reading about them when you get back.
Thanks Vanessa! I am packing as many new things as possible into this trip which should be lots of fun!

Another day, another tour on day 9!

I am heading out to Animal Kingdom this morning with the hopes of snagging whichever tour I didn't get in last week. So that could be either "Up Close with Rhinos" or "Caring for Giants". I really love that the money from these tours goes back into Disney's Nature Conservation fund. Plus what a great way to learn more about these majestic creatures.

Rhino-tour-2-e1546223490610.jpg

OR
03_Caring-for-Giants_Cathy-Salustri-1030x773.jpeg

Before heading out to AK, I think I will hit Olivia's for breakfast. I wasn't the biggest fan the last time I was there as my Eggs Benedict wasn't great but I am willing to give it another shot. What do you recommend ordering there for breakfast? I am looking at the Banana Bread Pudding but do you think it might be too rich? Hmmmm....

banana-bread-french-toast.jpg

Other than the tour, I see myself just doing a little wander around....perhaps walking the trails, doing a little pintrading, trying some snacks, maybe a couple of character meets. Overall just a really chill morning.

Then back to OKW for some R&R poolside and a little nap before heading out to Epcot! It's extra hours tonight for deluxe guests tonight so I will definitely try to get a late VQ for GotG.Tonight will be noshing at F&W booths, watching fireworks and taking in all the World Showcase atmosphere. Nothing better on a sultry summer evening, am I right?

See you soon with my ADR list, I book starting June 21st! :)

Last edited:
I’ve never eaten at Olivia’s before but it does get good reviews for the most part!
We did both tours and you can’t go wrong with either one
Love a nice evening in Epcot!

I think I will hit Olivia's for breakfast. I wasn't the biggest fan the last time I was there as my Eggs Benedict wasn't great but I am willing to give it another shot. What do you recommend ordering there for breakfast?
Sorry, can’t help. Only eaten there for later meals.
I am looking at the Banana Bread Pudding but do you think it might be too rich?
Don’t be silly. There’s no such thing as too rich when you’re on vacation.
Tonight will be noshing at F&W booths, watching fireworks and taking in all the World Showcase atmosphere. Nothing better on a sultry summer evening, am I right?
Right!
See you soon with my ADR list, I book starting June 21st! :)
Soon!

Good luck with the adrs and here’s hoping you get a great tour whichever you choose 🤞☘️
Thanks so much Moira!
We enjoyed Caring for Giants. The other one sounds good, too. :)
I really love elephants so I know I would enjoy it. :)
I’ve never eaten at Olivia’s before but it does get good reviews for the most part!
We did both tours and you can’t go wrong with either one
Love a nice evening in Epcot!
I am excited to try out these tours, wish me luck with booking. :goodvibes
Sorry, can’t help. Only eaten there for later meals.

Don’t be silly. There’s no such thing as too rich when you’re on vacation.

Right!

Soon!
Do you have any dinner recommendations for Olivias? Have you tried the fried chicken? Normally I would agree with you re no such thing as too rich but my stomach is getting pickier as I get older.

Only 68 days out now....so excited but I also don't want the summer to go by too quickly.

Do you have any dinner recommendations for Olivias? Have you tried the fried chicken? Normally I would agree with you re no such thing as too rich but my stomach is getting pickier as I get older.
I only remember getting seafood there. Crab cakes comes to mind and they were good.

I wish I could help you with suggestions for Oliva's, but I haven't been there yet. Danielle has gone but I don't know what she and her friends had.

Good luck with your ADRs!

ADR's part 1!

Why part one, you ask? Well that would be beciause I am doing a split stay and Disney STILL does not combine your resort reservations so you can book all at once. Seriously.....what's up with that?

Here's how it looks so far......

Sunday, August 20th ~ Seats and Sweets Dessert Party for Happily Ever After!

Monday, August 21st ~ Lunch at Via Napoli.

Tuesday, August 22nd ~ Caring for Giants tour @ 10:00 am. Lunch at Yak and Yeti.

Wednesday, August 23rd ~ Dinner at Sanaa

Thursday, August 24th ~ Savour the Savannah @ 4:30 pm. SO excited!!

Friday, August 25th ~ Garden Grill Breakfast!
Cirque de Soleil Drawn to Life show @ 8:00 pm

Now up again Monday morning to do the last 4 days. Back soon with those deets. :)

Why part one, you ask? Well that would be beciause I am doing a split stay and Disney STILL does not combine your resort reservations so you can book all at once. Seriously.....what's up with that?
Get on that Susan!
Sunday, August 20th ~ Seats and Sweets Dessert Party for Happily Ever After!
You got it! Great!
Tuesday, August 22nd ~ Caring for Giants tour @ 10:00 am.
Nice. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with this tour.
Wednesday, August 23rd ~ Dinner at Sanaa
mmm... bread service...
Thursday, August 24th ~ Savour the Savannah @ 4:30 pm. SO excited!!
You'll love it. ::yes::
Cirque de Soleil Drawn to Life show @ 8:00 pm
Ah! Don't know anyone who's seen the new show. Looking forward to hearing your review on that too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter