Anyone watching A Very Brady Renovation?

I watched most of the first episode and it was ok.

Watched at lot of TBB when I was a kid. TBS aired it every afternoon, as well as another network around 5pm.

I dvr'd it and finally got home to watch it. I enjoyed the first episode. I'm only a couple of years younger than Susan Olsen.
I got a kick out of how they all looked a bit skinnier by the end of the episode. Kind of funny how they all went on diets during the show.
Can't wait to see the next ones.

Kind of surprised at all the "They are old!" comments. All of us aged also! Not a fan of HGTV, but have watche this partly to see the Brady kids, but I am really enjoying how they are matching the Brady set to the house, making them match. It is daunting, and I, like many others never gave a thought to what the actual house looked like inside. -so different. Also amazed at the number of original items that have been found, in studio storage and from private owners. Yes, enjoying it.

I recorded it. It has been fun to watch the recreation. :thumbsup2

Yet, I also wonder what it will do to the neighborhood:

You are going to have this monstrosity of a home after all is said and done in the middle of a neighborhood, and it's going to look like 1969. Will it be sold? Will it become a museum? I guess I'm too practical.

So basically they lied to the neighbors: :sad2:

My understanding was that they had to promise the neighborhood that it wouldn't become any kind of paid-admission permanent attraction, because there is no parking nearby. My guess is that it will be moved and end up as an event space.
HGTV has already announced a contest. Much like the castle suite at WDW you can stay in the Brady house.​
Last day to enter is today.​

HGTV sunk a lot of money into getting that house. Even more to recreate the Brady Bunch sets. No way will they NOT want to make their money back and then some.

Someone recently bought the La Bianca house the Manson cult members murdered the La Biancas. It is rumored that the new owner will turn it into some type of tourist attraction, even though it is in a residential neighborhood. I guess this type of thing is usual for the L.A. area. :confused3

Last edited:
I am LOVING this show. BB was such a huge part of my childhood and I love how detailed these renovated rooms are. The custom wallpaper, crowdsourcing the items like the living room curio and the girls' stuffed giraffe, are so great!

I love how they were given the Kitty Karryall doll. But, I do hope they don't leave her out for any random fan to pick up. Susan said the head was made of fragile plaster of paris and could break very easily if dropped, as the head was so heavy.

I can see some klutzy fan picking her up and dropping her. Even if they have tour guides watching the rooms and warning people NOT to touch anything, there is always that one idiot who may grab her and drop her too quick for a guide to stop them. And there goes a bit of entertainment history, as it would be hard to find another one. :sad2:

I love how they were given the Kitty Karryall doll. But, I do hope they don't leave her out for any random fan to pick up. Susan said the head was made of fragile plaster of paris and could break very easily if dropped, as the head was so heavy.

I think Susan was referring to the KK prop used during production. She said the prop person told her not to drop it. The doll given to them for the renovation was a mass produced doll from 70s that was sold in stores.

So basically they lied to the neighbors: :sad2:

I don't think so. They said they wouldn't make it into a museum-type attraction bringing a lot of daily traffic with no place to put the cars. A contest to stay there is only going to bring one or two cars at a time - same as a normal house.

(And I think eventually you'll be able to pay to stay there - like an Airbnb, only waaaay more expensive. :rotfl2: )

we DVRed the first show--although I havent watched the whole show yet are there supposed to be other episodes

we saw it was on a few more times and set up the DVR but all of them have been repeats--are there any more shows or was it just the one--from where I left off it doesnt seem like they could finish the whole house I saw the living room dining room and where Chris was trying to match up the paint for the outside--

I hope I havent missed anything-loved the show the original and the reno

we saw it was on a few more times and set up the DVR but all of them have been repeats

My DVR did the same thing. It recorded episode 1 three times. :badpc: After that, it finally got it right and started recording the new episodes. My cable shows there are at least 4 episodes, which is next week.

You might be able to catch Episode 2 On Demand. Episode 3 is this week.

My DVR did the same thing. It recorded episode 1 three times. :badpc: After that, it finally got it right and started recording the new episodes. My cable shows there are at least 4 episodes, which is next week.

You might be able to catch Episode 2 On Demand. Episode 3 is this week.

I’m watching them on demand on Sling. There are also after shows.

I am enjoying the show. The renovation looks pretty good. some of the colors are a little off. But my question is,"what are they going to do with it when they are done?"

I am enjoying the show. The renovation looks pretty good. some of the colors are a little off. But my question is,"what are they going to do with it when they are done?"

That’s what I want to know too. They can’t have spent all that money to just make 4 shows. There has to be something else to recoup their money. I was wondering if they were gonna open for tours too. I can’t see them selling it right away either. They have to milk it for awhile before that would happen.

They said they wouldn't make it into a museum-type attraction bringing a lot of daily traffic with no place to put the cars.
That’s what I want to know too. They can’t have spent all that money to just make 4 shows. There has to be something else to recoup their money. I was wondering if they were gonna open for tours too.

If they promised the neighbor that the street wouldn't be clogged up with a lot of parked cars, I can see them bringing in tour buses instead. ONE bus drives up in front every hour and a half and picks up and unloads new tourists. Then drives off. So, "technically" there aren't a lot of cars parked along the street. And anyone who didn't arrive by the bus is turned away.

It would still be a nightmare. The noise every time a bus rolls in. The screaming & cheering every time they see a new room, etc. :jumping1:

I feel for the poor neighbors on both sides. I hope the one neighbor, in which HGTV hired their garage as the renovation headquarters, got a LOT of money for it. Maybe they can use the extra cash towards moving to a quieter home.

I am enjoying the show. The renovation looks pretty good. some of the colors are a little off.

Yes, Lara Spencer's segment, where she furnished the props for Alice's room was the WORST! She didn't match the color of the tissue box. The lamps were the wrong shape. And apparently, the team that did the living room & family room didn't share with her that they have a digital fabric team that replicated the fabric on the couches and she could have used them for Alice's chair.

I missed part 3. I honestly don’t remember Alice’s room at all. I think it was maybe shown one time in one short scene? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter