Anyone watching A Very Brady Renovation?

I found the reno show a little drawn out. I guess there's a purpose, but to have to blow out the back of the house to fit all of the rooms that they had on the sound stage seems odd. It's the type of thing that's probably a lot of fun for the cast and producers, tracking down the different colors and props, but I can't help but wonder, what's the point. You are going to have this monstrosity of a home after all is said and done in the middle of a neighborhood, and it's going to look like 1969. Will it be sold? Will it become a museum? I guess I'm too practical.

My understanding was that they had to promise the neighborhood that it wouldn't become any kind of paid-admission permanent attraction, because there is no parking nearby. My guess is that it will be moved and end up as an event space.

Ok, I LOVE me some Brady Bunch. Watched it almost every day in syndication and I'll still watch it today with my daughter. I DVR'ed it so I couldn't get on this thread until I watched it so I didn't get any spoilers. LOL, yep. I am that big of a dork.

Anyway, I loved it! It was amazing what they did with the entry/living/dining room. Creating stairs that didn't exist! The viewers donating the curio cabinet and grapes. Come on, that is too cool. I love how they are so into every detail. But then again, I love anything Brady Bunch.

I already predict my favorite will be the kitchen and family room.

There is no such thing as remembering too much Brady trivia! :rotfl:

I used to watch every day after school, and could tell the episode by the opening shot!

Agree 1000%!! And I am not embarrassed to say I have won many a trivia contests on Brady Bunch. Even the trivia they gave on the show was way too easy. Safe! (although Best was Best before they did the second blind test. ha ha ha)
Yes, I can tell by opening shot too. It is our childhood.

They didn't mention doing the backyard. I hope they recreate it in all its artificial glory.

I will be very bummed if astroturf isn't used. You can't use real grass.

*ahem* 45 years...(says someone who was born in 1974). ;)

Me too! 1974 kids ROCK!! :p

Ok, I LOVE me some Brady Bunch. Watched it almost every day in syndication and I'll still watch it today with my daughter. I DVR'ed it so I couldn't get on this thread until I watched it so I didn't get any spoilers. LOL, yep. I am that big of a dork.

Anyway, I loved it! It was amazing what they did with the entry/living/dining room. Creating stairs that didn't exist! The viewers donating the curio cabinet and grapes. Come on, that is too cool. I love how they are so into every detail. But then again, I love anything Brady Bunch.

Agree 1000%!! And I am not embarrassed to say I have won many a trivia contests on Brady Bunch. Even the trivia they gave on the show was way too easy. Safe! (although Best was Best before they did the second blind test. ha ha ha)

I can't wait to see the backyard! I hope they include the teeter totter and Tiger's doghouse.

I may or may not have done a little dance over knowing the detergent :rotfl: Yes, I'm a dork

Last edited:

Pardon me - it ended in '74, so yes, 50 yrs old
:confused3 Somebody posted the show is 45 years old and started in 1974. It actually started in 1969 which is 50 years ago.

I'm confused why you're asking to be performed when we agree on the facts.

:confused3 Somebody posted the show is 45 years old and started in 1974. It actually started in 1969 which is 50 years ago.

I'm confused why you're asking to be performed when we agree on the facts.
That was me. You corrected me, so I'm just responding.

Different episode. The Christmas one ends with Carol singing Oh Come All Ye Faithful in church. Florence Henderson had a beautiful voice.

One of my favorites too (“The Silver Platters!”), along with the one where Peter’s voice changes (“Time To Change”), and the one with Marcia and Davy Jones. :lovestruc

Me too! Both classics! I love when Davy says, "How about the flip side?" I say that to my kids when they kiss me on the cheek. They humor me.

I will be very bummed if astroturf isn't used. You can't use real grass.

Me too! 1974 kids ROCK!! :p

I thought the crowd sourcing part was really cool too! How fun would it have been to donate something? I wonder if there will be more of that in the other rooms...

Last edited:
I love HGTV, and binge watch it while I’m on the treadmill at the gym. So, when I stumbled across episodes one and two yesterday, I watched and am hooked. The designers and builders are so enthusiastic and star struck by working with the the “Brady Kids”. Thought crossed my mind, what will they do with it afterward? But it will be a one-of-a-kind. The original owners said they got 500 calls a day when they listed the home. People would probably go see it, if they made it a museum. Or how knows, maybe they are planning a Brady Bunch reboot. :oops:

It was on Fridays at 8 ET on ABC. I was a kid during that time, too, and I think I saw every episode during its run and then multiple times when it was in syndicated reruns.

And don't get me started on The Partridge Family....
On Fridays you see it 3 times. Twice after school in syndication and a new one that night.

For those of you judging, there was no internet, no video games, no DVRs, no VHS. Heck, the Walkman was still years away.

I’m rewatching my Brady Bunch DVDS. I’m starting with season 5 (1973-1974), my least favorite season. I was in 8th grade and wasn’t watching the show consistently by then. I was starting to get more interested in music ( and men!) by ages 13/14.

I’m rewatching my Brady Bunch DVDS. I’m starting with season 5 (1973-1974), my least favorite season. I was in 8th grade and wasn’t watching the show consistently by then. I was starting to get more interested in music ( and men!) by ages 13/14.

What? The last season wasn't your favorite? Are you saying Cousin Oliver was a disaster? :rolleyes1

:laughing:

You forgot what? To watch? Second episode (Mike's den, boys' room/girls' room/kids' bathroom) should be repeated at 8 Eastern Monday, before the new episode. Episode 1 aired a few times last week. Check the HGTV website, or in sure it's OnDemand if you have that.

*ahem* 45 years...(says someone who was born in 1974). ;)
Didn't think 1974 was right. I got married in '71 and was pretty sure the show was on before that so I had to check. "The Honeymoon" was the first episode and that aired in Sept. 26, 1969.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter