Anyone want to help me finish up my Fort planning? I'll post pictures...

mgsmom: LOVE your Pooh bag and your shoes. I need a pedicure worse than you! :laughing: The shoes look comfy to the extreme!

We took a stroller for our four year old. He didn't use a stoller any longer so we had to buy one. a wal mart special umbrella type stroller. He was so happy we brought it :rotfl: we took our backpack on the rides but the stroller was fine. Only problem: entrances and exits are often in different places so you have go find your stroller. Also cast members are constantly moving them :confused3 straightening them up or parking them somewhere completely different. :laughing:

Ain't that the truth!

Those do look like comfy shoes! They are cute too! I might have to check in to those.

Thanks! They are on sale right now too!

I bought some lands end shoes for our last trip but they were more like the water shoes. They were comfy but they were hot and just not pretty at all. I really like yours :thumbsup2 I am going to look at those also. I am enjoying your thread and the bags. We took a stroller for our four year old. He didn't use a stoller any longer so we had to buy one. a wal mart special umbrella type stroller. He was so happy we brought it :rotfl: we took our backpack on the rides but the stroller was fine. Only problem: entrances and exits are often in different places so you have go find your stroller. Also cast members are constantly moving them :confused3 straightening them up or parking them somewhere completely different. :laughing:

Thanks! There is also a MaryJane version of the Trekkers too if you like to have your toes covered. I hear they move them a lot and that it helps to put something obvious and bright on your stroller?

mgsmom: LOVE your Pooh bag and your shoes. I need a pedicure worse than you! :laughing: The shoes look comfy to the extreme!

Thanks!!! So far, so good!

I just returned from 8 wonderful days at the Cabins.

Your laminated cards are great. This is my method...I make an envelope (I've used small and letter sized.) for every day and write my plan on the front. (The envelope could easily be run through a printer.) I take the envelope with me on that day and put all receipts inside. Later, I write on the back what *really* happened, including funny stories, unexpected events, weather issues (good or bad), ride reports. Makes for a fun, simple journal and an easy way to track the *budget*. :rotfl:

The plastic bags are cute and will be GREAT in the event of rain.

We did two full resort days so made good use of our Tee Time golf cart. It would be fun to have for a day in your case.

The Electric Light Parade and Evening Fireworks are fun to watch from the beach - even in the rain!

We did the Campfire Sing-along with Chip and Dale - fun but too hot and muggy (and I'm from HOUSTON!) to stay for the movie that night. We had brought our own Disney DVDs so had popcorn and a movie in the air-conditioned comfort of our cabin

The boat ride to Magic Kingdom is a quick, easy and fun "first ride" of the day.

I hope you have a blast on your trip! All the planning will definitely pay off.

I just returned from 8 wonderful days at the Cabins.

Your laminated cards are great. This is my method...I make an envelope (I've used small and letter sized.) for every day and write my plan on the front. (The envelope could easily be run through a printer.) I take the envelope with me on that day and put all receipts inside. Later, I write on the back what *really* happened, including funny stories, unexpected events, weather issues (good or bad), ride reports. Makes for a fun, simple journal and an easy way to track the *budget*. :rotfl:

The plastic bags are cute and will be GREAT in the event of rain.

We did two full resort days so made good use of our Tee Time golf cart. It would be fun to have for a day in your case.

The Electric Light Parade and Evening Fireworks are fun to watch from the beach - even in the rain!

We did the Campfire Sing-along with Chip and Dale - fun but too hot and muggy (and I'm from HOUSTON!) to stay for the movie that night. We had brought our own Disney DVDs so had popcorn and a movie in the air-conditioned comfort of our cabin

The boat ride to Magic Kingdom is a quick, easy and fun "first ride" of the day.

I hope you have a blast on your trip! All the planning will definitely pay off.

I LOVE your envelope idea! Anything that keeps me organized is always good!
Thanks for the tips - we will be bringing some DVDs for the car ride, so we can use them in the cabin if we need to. Is there a DVD player in the cabin, or do we need to bring our cords to hook it up to the TV?

Planning is on hold for a couple days while the folks are in town - DD is having a ball with them!

Might have to go to Walmart today and get DD a fishin' pole - she needs to try to catch something at the Fort!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

I was reading a TR this morning and am thinking about renting a canoe the day we get there - $7 is not bad and DD just loves riding in boats. From the look of the TR, it looks like the ride is not long and we will get to see the campground from a different view.

I'm also thinking about the golf cart - I think we'll need some decor for that too - even if it's only for a day! ;)

Going to head to Michael's this weekend and put something together for green ears outside the cabin - I'll let you know how that goes! I love to sew, but am not so good at "crafty" stuff... If it looks too sloppy I'll just say I let DD do it :rotfl:

Oh, got DD some new shoes yesterday - gotta get her breakin' them in for Disney. I thought they looked good for walking.

SL372245.jpg

Still have no pedicure and DD has no fishin' pole...

Ah yes, TCD's trip report. When DS& saw TCD's canoeing pics the deal was sealed.

We're just putting a printout of the green ears in the windshield of the golf cart. Not fancy, but it'll do.

Nice skips! DD's feet should be very comfy. :goodvibes

I have no pedicure either. DS's fishing pole has vanished into thin air. He will just have to use DH's.

Is it just me or does anyone else get butterflies before a trip?

No butterflies yet - still a few days out though - I'm sure I'll get them!!

I'll just do a printout on the cart too so if you see me - holler at me!

I decided to just take most of our food from home - since we have to stop by the store to get beer anyway, DH is just going to run in and get that and a few other cold items. Mainly taking food and snacks to keep DD happy and some lunch stuff and coffee. My little CRV will be crammed! But she's good like that - you'd be amazed what we can stuff in the back of that little SUV!

Counted DD's clothes today to make sure we'd have two outfits a day to put on her - tanks and shorts. Prob need to pick up a few extra pairs of shorts at Walmart in case of accidents. :eek: Gonna look for a little Disney fishing pole while I'm there for DD. She uses a noodle at the pool to pretend she's fishing :rotfl:

Just found out DH will be out on the road working the day we leave - so I'm on my own for packing. It might actually go faster with him out of the house anyway...:rolleyes1

No butterflies yet - still a few days out though - I'm sure I'll get them!!

I'll just do a printout on the cart too so if you see me - holler at me!

I decided to just take most of our food from home - since we have to stop by the store to get beer anyway, DH is just going to run in and get that and a few other cold items. Mainly taking food and snacks to keep DD happy and some lunch stuff and coffee. My little CRV will be crammed! But she's good like that - you'd be amazed what we can stuff in the back of that little SUV!

Counted DD's clothes today to make sure we'd have two outfits a day to put on her - tanks and shorts. Prob need to pick up a few extra pairs of shorts at Walmart in case of accidents. :eek: Gonna look for a little Disney fishing pole while I'm there for DD. She uses a noodle at the pool to pretend she's fishing :rotfl:

Just found out DH will be out on the road working the day we leave - so I'm on my own for packing. It might actually go faster with him out of the house anyway...:rolleyes1

My tummy is starting to settle down a little bit. :thumbsup2 Sometimes before a BIG trip I get so nervous I'm almost sick. I don't know why. It just happens. :confused3

DH got our park tickets through AAA today so that's one thing out of the way. Saved us about a half a tank of gas worth of $$. Def worth a trip across town. ;)

We're taking food from home too. I'm going to cook a couple of things tonight, freeze and put in the camper tomorrow morning. I'll make a grocery run tomorrow or Sat. and just take it straight to the camper.

A few extra pairs of shorts is a good plan. Enough said.

We're taking DS7 fishing too. He seems even more excited over doing Fort stuff this year than the parks. He's very excited about canoeing and taking pics. He's a pretty good little photog if I say so myself.

DH has already packed most of his own clothes. :woohoo: He usually takes care of his own stuff since I have mine and 2 boys to pack for.

You are right....it'll probably be easier for you to pack with DH out of the way! :laughing: Lucky for us my parents are keeping both boys overnight tomorrow, so we'll have tomorrow evening and Saturday morning childless. That should allow us to do lots of preparing in a shorter amount of time. :banana:

Hope to see you there! Have a safe trip!

My tummy is starting to settle down a little bit. :thumbsup2 Sometimes before a BIG trip I get so nervous I'm almost sick. I don't know why. It just happens. :confused3

DH has already packed most of his own clothes. :woohoo: He usually takes care of his own stuff since I have mine and 2 boys to pack for.

You are right....it'll probably be easier for you to pack with DH out of the way! :laughing: Lucky for us my parents are keeping both boys overnight tomorrow, so we'll have tomorrow evening and Saturday morning childless. That should allow us to do lots of preparing in a shorter amount of time. :banana:

Hope to see you there! Have a safe trip!

I get nervous approaching a trip because I know DH knows how much I plan. He teases me about it, but then he says all our trips have been "spot on" because of the little details I work out ahead of time. Like in Chicago when DD was 7 months old and I made sure our hotel was across the street from a grocery store (baby food!).

DH will pack himself, but he always forget stuff. He told me to go ahead and pack him this time, and that will be easy. Shorts - check! T-shirts - check! Shoes and socks - check!

You are lucky you will have some quiet time to prepare! Of course, prepping a camping trip is a lot different than other trips! Some day, I will be loading up stuff for our popup - once I convince DH that we NEED one! :thumbsup2

He was not raised camping - I was raised tent camping. It's a house divided...

Okay, the Miller Lite is flowing and I'm actually thinking clearly now...:rotfl2:

How much is the marshmallow/smores kit at the Chip n Dale thing? I'm weighing the cost of just buying the kit (easy)or actually buying all the stuff and toting it down there (more crap to pack). :confused3

absolutely agree with rent a golf cart. just don't do what i did; forgot i parked it at the outpost and came back on the motor launch to the settlement at 11:30 at night!

absolutely agree with rent a golf cart. just don't do what i did; forgot i parked it at the outpost and came back on the motor launch to the settlement at 11:30 at night!

That is SO like me to do that, too!!! :rotfl2:

Got some ears done! I'll put one in the window of the cabin and one in the windshield of the golf cart.
I was going to try and make a wooden set to put outside, but when I went to Michael's yesterday, they were sold out of the size I wanted. And, I was too lazy to look anywhere else :laughing: So, instead I bought the big character stickers and stuck them on the printout. I think it'll do the trick.

ears1.jpg

ears2.jpg

A couple of Disney pics - oh, I can't wait to get there!!!!

Riding the ferry to MK!
FerryRide-1.jpg

In front of Epcot - okay, I know, now I'm just gettin' goofy with the photobucket editing tools...

UsatEpcot-1-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter