Anyone want to help me finish up my Fort planning? I'll post pictures...

mgsmom

DIS Veteran
We are coming to the Fort for the FIRST time in a few weeks! I am so excited, I might just explode. DH is tired of hearing about it :confused3- so I turn to you, Fiends!

I don't have any pics of the Fort, but I do have some old camping pictures and WDW pictures that I can share along the way. I'm stealing a page from katiekomo and disguising current faces. DH is a Safety Sam and I am a bit timid about posting DD's picture too much.

I hope some of you will join in - and here is the first picture. It's an old one, but one of my faves.:love:
This is me and my sweet Daddy (passed away 3 yrs ago) fishing somewhere around Shady Lake - we camped there a LOT when I was growing up. I think a couple of you out there might know where that is...

RandyBeth_Fishin_edited.jpg

We will be arriving midday during the week, and I am planning to spend that 1/2 day at FW. I'm sure it will take us a little time to get to the grocery store, unpack, all of that (cabin).

Was looking at all of the many things to do at the Fort!
What should be first???

(Just don't say looping... we will not have a cart :sad2:)

We will be arriving midday during the week, and I am planning to spend that 1/2 day at FW. I'm sure it will take us a little time to get to the grocery store, unpack, all of that (cabin).

Was looking at all of the many things to do at the Fort!
What should be first???

(Just don't say looping... we will not have a cart :sad2:)

Save some time and order all of your groceries before you leave on your trip. I had Garden Grocer deliver food for my cabin on the day I arrived. It saved some time but the real nice part was just being able to order from home

You know, I thought about that. I don't think I'll want to go to grocery store once we get down there. Also not sure if I'll convince DH that this is the way to go. Are their prices pretty reasonable?
I also heard you can't have beer delivered. Do you know about that?:confused3

I dont drink so im not sure about the beer. The prices arent bad. Its the same as typical grocery stores but they charge a $15 delivery fee. Ill gladly pay the fee instead of having to run out and go shopping tho.

Visit their site--www.gardengrocer.com-- they post the prices. It's more expensive than a regular grocery, but I think it's worth it. HOWEVER, they don't deliver beer/alcohol. :sad1:

I dont drink so im not sure about the beer. The prices arent bad. Its the same as typical grocery stores but they charge a $15 delivery fee. Ill gladly pay the fee instead of having to run out and go shopping tho.

I hear you! DH seems to think we won't mind doing this... I think he's not fully appreciating how much we WON'T want to!

Visit their site--www.gardengrocer.com-- they post the prices. It's more expensive than a regular grocery, but I think it's worth it. HOWEVER, they don't deliver beer/alcohol. :sad1:

Hm. Very good to know. But, maybe we can have everything else delivered and just stop at a gas station or something on the way in and DH can run in and grab beer. Ideally, we will have room to fit it in the car and bring it with us down. But, we do have a stroller...
Hey - I thought about all your initials for what people are wearing :rotfl2:- we were at an amusement park today - it was hilarious - I wonder if they actually look in the mirror before they leave and think "Hm... this looks good!" I'm particularly critical of the peeps who wear ill-fitting clothes.:confused3 I was behind one girl in line and was just waiting for the strap on her tank top to pop off...

Promised some pics - here are some old WDW pics of me & DH - we used to come and have such fun! It's funny how we didn't have to really plan much - just bring some comfy shoes and grab a wallet!

I'm thinking about renting a golf cart just for the day on the day we arrive - since we will be hanging out more at the Fort. Our stopover is in Savannah, GA. I'm hoping we get up and get on the road early.

Has anyone done the wagon ride or carriage ride?

These are all Epcot pics (sorry about the face coverings)-

Here is DH enjoying a beer...
EdinGermany-1.jpg

Here we are - I think at R&C?
Toast-1.jpg

I don't understand why you would censor and post a picture showing only the two of you.

If you don't want people to see your face, maybe you shouldn't post them.

I was lurking over here and this bothered me.:mad:

Order your groceries, you will be thankful you did!

Also, carts really are worth the money. :-)

How many days are you spending just at the campgrounds and how many park days do you have planned?

Our very first trip our cabin was not ready so we went to the barn area to look at the horses, the two little kids rode the horses, then we went to the marine to ride the speedboats. My 2 teens each got their own boat, DH and DS in another boat, and me and DD in our boat. We rode around and checked out the entire area via boat. LoL. Even though we have taken the MK ferry many many times, those little speedboats are so much fun! If your lucky, maybe you'll even see a wedding going on at the wedding pavilion!

Our second trip, after getting settled into our cabin DH and I went to to ride horses on the trailride while the teenagers babysat. We didn't do the trail ride the first time and really wish we had, so we got it out of the way right away.

If you plan on spending any time at the Fort at all, you really should have a cart. The cart makes it so much easier to get around and its a lot of fun to just drive around the fort in.

I fully recommend getting a cart from Kenny @ tee time carts. We saved a ton of money by going with him and he's just as conveinent as renting from Disney

Order your groceries, you will be thankful you did!

Also, carts really are worth the money. :-)

How many days are you spending just at the campgrounds and how many park days do you have planned?

Our very first trip our cabin was not ready so we went to the barn area to look at the horses, the two little kids rode the horses, then we went to the marine to ride the speedboats. My 2 teens each got their own boat, DH and DS in another boat, and me and DD in our boat. We rode around and checked out the entire area via boat. LoL. Even though we have taken the MK ferry many many times, those little speedboats are so much fun! If your lucky, maybe you'll even see a wedding going on at the wedding pavilion!

Our second trip, after getting settled into our cabin DH and I went to to ride horses on the trailride while the teenagers babysat. We didn't do the trail ride the first time and really wish we had, so we got it out of the way right away.

Thanks for the great ideas on things to do! :thumbsup2 There seems to be a lot of options at FW - that is part of what made is so attractive to us - plus the camping atmosphere!
We will be spending 1/2 day at FW, then we are doing three full days in the parks.

If you plan on spending any time at the Fort at all, you really should have a cart. The cart makes it so much easier to get around and its a lot of fun to just drive around the fort in.

I fully recommend getting a cart from Kenny @ tee time carts. We saved a ton of money by going with him and he's just as conveinent as renting from Disney

That's why I was thinking of only renting a golf cart the first day - since we will be mostly in the parks the other days. I got a quote from Kenny - he's so prompt - and it was WAY better than Disney prices! I'm on the fence, I guess. It's hard to keep a budget when I'm having fun planning a trip!:rolleyes1

I made some "info cards" I call them for our trip. I am not totally obsessive about planning stuff - but I really hate standing around with DH saying "well, I don't know, what do you think we should do next..." Especially in the middle of a busy theme park!
So, I listed all the attractions that I thought we should try and get to on one side. I noted their location in the park and if they had a Fast Pass. I also made notes to the side like "usually doesn't have a line" or "FP's go quickly" - so I'll be somewhat "with it" - Not that I am ever really fully "with it":lmao:
Anyhoo, on the flip side I listed the CS and TS restaurants in each park with notes about what they offer, and asteriks by highest rated.
Getting the cards laminated so I don't have to worry about them getting wet. So, if we are heading out to MK - we just grab the MK card and go.
That's still obsessive, isn't it? :rotfl:
We only have one ADR - Crystal Palace - DD LOVES Pooh - and other than that, we are winging it. I think we are also curious to see how many meals we actually end up coming back to the cabin to eat.

Here is a somewhat fuzzy shot of the cards:
SL3722292.jpg

If you are not doing any of the parks the first day, then I would -

take a swim after unpacking or unloading - to cool off

If it is still pretty warm then, take a boat to Contempory & explore it, then take the monorail to Polynesian & Grand Floridian. Go back to Contemporary and take the boat to Wilderness Lodge to check it out, then back to the Fort.

Check out the stables and of course, the Trading Posts, the Meadow Recreation area, Sea Racers, etc.

Depending on times, do the campfire program & movie, then head down to the beach & watch the fireworks and maybe the electric boat flotilla.

Just wanted to say that I am loving your planning thread:)

And your cards :worship::worship::worship:

I made laminated cards for our trip in April 2008 - and my DS11 still makes fun of me for doing it. BUT - we used TGM and never waited more than 10-15 minutes for anything. I even had the order in which we would do the attractions - obsessive? Maybe - but it worked out so well:cool1:

So keep planning ... you are doing great!

If it is still pretty warm then, take a boat to Contempory & explore it, then take the monorail to Polynesian & Grand Floridian. Go back to Contemporary and take the boat to Wilderness Lodge to check it out, then back to the Fort.
Depending on times, do the campfire program & movie, then head down to the beach & watch the fireworks and maybe the electric boat flotilla.

That's a great idea to scope out the resorts around us. That will be especially good if it's raining - I hear they are having a lot of rain lately - but I haven't even thought about checking weather yet! ha! I looked and saw that the movie showing that night is Swiss Family Robinson - if DD makes it through we are def going to watch fireworks and electric parade! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say that I am loving your planning thread:)
And your cards :worship::worship::worship:
I made laminated cards for our trip in April 2008 - and my DS11 still makes fun of me for doing it. BUT - we used TGM and never waited more than 10-15 minutes for anything. I even had the order in which we would do the attractions - obsessive? Maybe - but it worked out so well:cool1:
So keep planning ... you are doing great!

Thanks for the compliments!! I love finding other people on the boards who are planners, too! I did read the Unofficial WDW guide book, and put the attractions in order they put them on the tour plans. I think the trick :wizard: will be getting DD out the door early for rope drops!
DH just said today that although he pokes fun at my planning, we have always had great trips. So... off I go for more planning!!! IMO, it's a great way to have fun while waiting for the actual trip, too! :woohoo:

Made a little trip to the Dollar Store today - I love that place!
Got several rain ponchos, a tablecover to throw over the stroller in case of rain (when parked, not with DD in it), some glow bracelets, quart size and gallon size baggies, sunglasses for DD, and a Pinocchio book. The book was actually to keep DD busy while I shopped :rotfl:

Starting to cut out the plastic for the Disney bags - the idea is that they will be (mostly) waterproof, so I won't freak if they get wet or get set in a puddle or something. Question: When we board the boat to MK, will we need to fold up the stroller? Also, is that the quickest way to get to MK or just the funnest? ;)

Found the plastic at Hancocks on sale for $1.99 a yard! Mickey is first. I also got Pooh, Princesses, and Nemo. I am going to line them with regular material - I have to because the plastic is sticking together on the insides... you live and learn, I guess! I really enjoy sewing - mostly bags, purses, curtains, that sort of thing. No clothes! I can never get them to fit...

I'll post a pic of Mickey bag once he gets going - prob a couple of days. Once I get one done (prototype) the others will be quick.

Can't wait to get to WDW in a couple of weeks!!!

Here are a few pics of MK to keep us all going!!! Sorry they're so big - I don't know how to shrink them down...

Dwarvesparade.jpg

Mickeyparade-2.jpg

Castle-1.jpg

WELL, now look how small that one came out... :confused3

Some things I did that helped me:

Planned my park visits to co-inside with extra magic hours.

did MK from opening till noon. Rode the boat back and had lunch and dinner a break in the camper, and then took boat back for evening till closing. This worked well and got us out of the heat and also saved us some food money.

Froze water and beverage bottles (only 2/3rds full) in freezer, then took them and other cool beverages in insulated tote to the parks. When ever we needed something to drink, we would take it from the tote. Very usefull on a hot hot day.

Each evening when we got back, a new set of drinks went into the freezer for the next day.

Planned a down day at the camper after any day spent at the parks. It's so hot right now, that you really could use this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter