Anyone want to help me finish up my Fort planning? I'll post pictures...

I made some "info cards" I call them for our trip. I am not totally obsessive about planning stuff - but I really hate standing around with DH saying "well, I don't know, what do you think we should do next..." Especially in the middle of a busy theme park!
So, I listed all the attractions that I thought we should try and get to on one side. I noted their location in the park and if they had a Fast Pass. I also made notes to the side like "usually doesn't have a line" or "FP's go quickly" - so I'll be somewhat "with it" - Not that I am ever really fully "with it":lmao:
Anyhoo, on the flip side I listed the CS and TS restaurants in each park with notes about what they offer, and asteriks by highest rated.
Getting the cards laminated so I don't have to worry about them getting wet. So, if we are heading out to MK - we just grab the MK card and go.
That's still obsessive, isn't it? :rotfl:
We only have one ADR - Crystal Palace - DD LOVES Pooh - and other than that, we are winging it. I think we are also curious to see how many meals we actually end up coming back to the cabin to eat.

Here is a somewhat fuzzy shot of the cards:
SL3722292.jpg

Cool thread. Kind of like a past trip, pre-trip report. Different, but I like it! Yes, you are obsessive.....and it's adorable! I love your cards...too cute! I hope to see you there! I believe I remember seeing your dates on the Who's Gonna At the Fort Thread, right? My parents will be in a cabin as well. Wouldn't it be funny if you were near each other?

We like to take it easy on arrival day. Since you may not have a cart, I won't say go looping. A little time at the pool may be in order after a long trip. I do recommend that ya'll hop on a bus and explore the Fort. Maybe even take a boat over to the other resorts and explore there too. We will either go to the campfire sing a long or watch the fireworks from Bay Lake. Then go back and get a good night's sleep so we can make rope drop at the MK the next morning.
(.....and you don't have to show your face if you don't want to. ;) Fort Fiends aren't the only ones who hang around these boards you know.)

Rode the boat back and had lunch and dinner a break in the camper, and then took boat back for evening till closing. This worked well and got us out of the heat and also saved us some food money.

Froze water and beverage bottles (only 2/3rds full) in freezer, then took them and other cool beverages in insulated tote to the parks. When ever we needed something to drink, we would take it from the tote. Very usefull on a hot hot day.

We are thinking about the midday break too - that seems to be the "way to go" in the heat. And def all about saving$$$!

Cool thread. Kind of like a past trip, pre-trip report. Different, but I like it! Yes, you are obsessive.....and it's adorable! I love your cards...too cute! I hope to see you there! I believe I remember seeing your dates on the Who's Gonna At the Fort Thread, right? My parents will be in a cabin as well. Wouldn't it be funny if you were near each other?

We like to take it easy on arrival day. Since you may not have a cart, I won't say go looping. A little time at the pool may be in order after a long trip. I do recommend that ya'll hop on a bus and explore the Fort. Maybe even take a boat over to the other resorts and explore there too. We will either go to the campfire sing a long or watch the fireworks from Bay Lake. Then go back and get a good night's sleep so we can make rope drop at the MK the next morning.
(.....and you don't have to show your face if you don't want to. ;) Fort Fiends aren't the only ones who hang around these boards you know.)

Yes - I posted on the Who's Gonna Be at the Fort Thread - that's me! I've heard of several "cabineers" lately - glad to hear we're making our rounds! Def going for a good night's sleep - I hope I'm not too excited to sleep! :banana:
I didn't expect anyone to be worried about seeing my face... I mean, DH thinks I'm cute and all... but nothing to get worked up about :rotfl:

I'm enjoying reading your thread.

Love *all* of your pics, too. :goodvibes

Thanks! Just hoping to spread some WDW cheer! :wizard:

The random Disney pics I'm posting are from a trip we took a couple of weeks after we got married. DH and I just celebrated 7 years (aaawwwww).

Anyhoo - all these Disney pics are from the SAME DAY - oh yeah - we rope dropped at AK, swung by DHS (which I think was still MGM back then?), spent a good bit of time at MK, and finished off the night sloshing around Epcot. We didn't leave Mexico until after 10 - late dinner - I'm pretty sure we were pooped! :lmao:

I didn't expect anyone to be worried about seeing my face... I mean, DH thinks I'm cute and all... but nothing to get worked up about :rotfl:

:rotfl2: I'm sure you're perfectly lovely.

The random Disney pics I'm posting are from a trip we took a couple of weeks after we got married. DH and I just celebrated 7 years (aaawwwww).

Anyhoo - all these Disney pics are from the SAME DAY - oh yeah - we rope dropped at AK, swung by DHS (which I think was still MGM back then?), spent a good bit of time at MK, and finished off the night sloshing around Epcot. We didn't leave Mexico until after 10 - late dinner - I'm pretty sure we were pooped! :lmao:

Congrats on your 7 year anniversary! We will be celebrating our 15th on Friday! :love:

Are you sayin' that you went to all 4 parks in the SAME DAY? :scared1: I'm pretty sure you were pooped too! I'd be DEAD! :faint:

Congrats on your 7 year anniversary! We will be celebrating our 15th on Friday! :love:

Are you sayin' that you went to all 4 parks in the SAME DAY? :scared1: I'm pretty sure you were pooped too! I'd be DEAD! :faint:

Yeah - we did all 4 on the same day! Granted, AK & DHS didn't get a whole lot of attention - and we certainly didn't do EVERYTHING - but we hit the high points and had a BALL! :woohoo:

So, here are the first two bags I've managed to pop out. The plastic is REALLY hard to work with - so I had a hard time visualizing how they'd come out.

The princess one is okay - I used it at the zoo last week and the strap really got on my nerves. I like the Mickey one much better - the straps fit over the stroller nicely without hangin' too low - but I wish the straps were closer together on the side.

Hopefully, I can correct these problems on the next bag. Stay tuned... I know you're on the edge of your seats... :rotfl:

SL372236.jpg

I am really enjoying your planning! I really want to know about these bags, I love that they can get wet! Where did you get the plastic, or did you tell us, and I missed that?

I definitely want to make the cards, definitely!

I am really enjoying your planning! I really want to know about these bags, I love that they can get wet! Where did you get the plastic, or did you tell us, and I missed that?

I definitely want to make the cards, definitely!

I'm glad you like them! They are trickier than I thought they would be!
I got the plastic material at Hancock's (fabric store) - found it on clearance on a big roll with the outdoor material and discount decorator fabrics. The brown on the bottom of the Mickey bag is a vinyl with flannel backing I also got there (long time ago, just keep using it). Prob supposed to be for outdoor upholstery or table covers. The straps are nylon - I got them over by the notions and I think they are supposed to be for making belts?
The plastic is actually clear, I just lined them with material I had. I was going to leave them clear, but the plastic sticks to itself when it gets warm, and that just won't do in July! :rotfl:
But, since the material is inside the bag that still makes the outside pretty much waterproof (I hope :eek:). Better than a regular cloth bag, anyway!

Thanks for reading my thread!
:thumbsup2

Love your bags! Especially the Mickey one. You know everyone's gonna stop you to ask where you bought them. :laughing:

I agree...planning is a great way to get into the spirit while you endure the long wait before your trip. DH always starts w/home videos of WDW trips past, scrapbooks, talking about making a list, then ACTUALLY making a list. :laughing:

Keep us posted on your planning process. I just love seeing other people get as excited about a Disney trip as I do. :goodvibes

Love your bags! Especially the Mickey one. You know everyone's gonna stop you to ask where you bought them. :laughing:
:goodvibes

Thanks! They are definitely not for sale - I'm too sloooowww to make a profit on that kind of thing! ;)

Thanks for following along my planning...

So, started working on a Winnie the Pooh bag today - I think it will be the best one yet - lots of red - very peppy!

Gotta get a stroller lock (I think I'll have DH go to Lowe's and come up with something easy to use), a white photo mat, some extra anti-bacterial wipes (DD touches EVERYTHING in the bathroom:scared1:), and decide the golf cart thing. I'm really leaning toward a one-day rental the day we arrive so we can fully enjoy and explore the Fort. Also still have to work on securing the extended canopy to the stroller.

The white photo mat is to take to our meal at CP - we will get the Pooh characters to sign it and then will put a picture of DD with character(s) in it when we get home and hang it in her room. We're not doing an autograph book - she's 2 - she can do an autograph book when she can keep up with it in her little bag by herself - I'm such a mean mommy :lmao: I don't think she'll know the difference anyway.

Now, to the green ears... Any ideas on how to display them at a cabin?
Are there any rules about this kind of thing???

So, started working on a Winnie the Pooh bag today - I think it will be the best one yet - lots of red - very peppy!

Gotta get a stroller lock (I think I'll have DH go to Lowe's and come up with something easy to use), a white photo mat, some extra anti-bacterial wipes (DD touches EVERYTHING in the bathroom:scared1:), and decide the golf cart thing. I'm really leaning toward a one-day rental the day we arrive so we can fully enjoy and explore the Fort. Also still have to work on securing the extended canopy to the stroller.

Now, to the green ears... Any ideas on how to display them at a cabin?
Are there any rules about this kind of thing???

Just curious...What is the stroller lock for?

Antibacterial wipes are a must! I've got mine already.

Our first golf cart rental was for 1 day to see if it would be worth it in the future. It is! Happy Looping and exploring! :thumbsup2

If your time runs low on projects, here's a link to a set of ears that can be personalized and printed from your computer and displayed in the window:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1767194

or.....you could make a flag.... or a make a set from wooden discs w/a stake.....or make a pair of hanging wooden ones. (That's what I did.) There are pics on the Who's Gonna Be at the Fort thread of my ears and pics of a few others on the Need Advice on making Lime Green ears thread on the community board.

I will likely display mine near the site# marker so they can be easily spotted.

Just curious...What is the stroller lock for?

or.....you could make a flag.... or a make a set from wooden discs w/a stake.....or make a pair of hanging wooden ones. (That's what I did.) There are pics on the Who's Gonna Be at the Fort thread of my ears and pics of a few others on the Need Advice on making Lime Green ears thread on the community board.

I will likely display mine near the site# marker so they can be easily spotted.

I love your small ones hanging at the top :woohoo: - they are wooden too? If I had thought of it earlier, I'm sure I could have made a flag- not time for that now! I wonder if I couldn't just buy some wooden disks at Michael's and hot glue them together? Would that withstand rain, you think? We are only there a few days.

Ah, the stroller lock. :sad2: I don't really know if it's necessary, but I brought it up to DH way at the beginning of planning and he thinks we'll feel better if we have one. When we park the stroller and get in line for a ride/show, we can lock one of the back wheels in place. That way, a CM can lift the handlebar and still move it, but it would be terribly awkward for someone to take off with it. I don't have a fancy shmancy stroller, but I would hate to have to replace it. I'm thinking if I just fabric paint our name on the canopy or something kind of obvious that would deter anyone thinking about taking it. I don't think this is a problem at Disney, but I have heard of it happening.
I pretty much am leaving it up to DH if he wants to deal with it. :rolleyes1

I love your small ones hanging at the top :woohoo: - they are wooden too? If I had thought of it earlier, I'm sure I could have made a flag- not time for that now! I wonder if I couldn't just buy some wooden disks at Michael's and hot glue them together? Would that withstand rain, you think? We are only there a few days.

Ah, the stroller lock. :sad2: I don't really know if it's necessary, but I brought it up to DH way at the beginning of planning and he thinks we'll feel better if we have one. When we park the stroller and get in line for a ride/show, we can lock one of the back wheels in place. That way, a CM can lift the handlebar and still move it, but it would be terribly awkward for someone to take off with it. I don't have a fancy shmancy stroller, but I would hate to have to replace it. I'm thinking if I just fabric paint our name on the canopy or something kind of obvious that would deter anyone thinking about taking it. I don't think this is a problem at Disney, but I have heard of it happening.
I pretty much am leaving it up to DH if he wants to deal with it. :rolleyes1

Thanks! Mine is all wood (even the mini ears) and all supplies were bought at Michaels (except for the flag stand). I used (1) 8" disc for the head and (2) 6' discs for the ears. Glued them together w/Gorilla glue (good stuff!!) Painted the front w/ a small $1.00 bottle of acrylic paint. Painted the backside all black. Applied lettering and Chip-n-Dale stickers and sprayed with acrylic. The acrylic will protect the sign from rain etc.

If you decide to do this...for the sake of being very quick...I HIGHLY recommend the brush on acrylic lime green paint. On my first run, I used spray paint. :headache: The covereage wasn't as good..took longer to dry..cost more and I wasn't happy with the color at all. Being the OCD type I am I removed the former lettering, replaced with better lettering and repainted. :sad2: Also to save time you could go with a wooden stake instead of hanging it. Good luck!

The stroller lock....whatever makes you feel comfortable. :thumbsup2 We've just never locked ours. Of course we keep all cameras and such with us when we park the stroller. I know it may look weird that my youngest is 5 and we still have a stroller, but he has a s/n stroller tagged as a wheelchair.

Keep on posting your progress. I'm having loads of fun following along!

Thanks! Mine is all wood (even the mini ears) and all supplies were bought at Michaels (except for the flag stand). I used (1) 8" disc for the head and (2) 6' discs for the ears. Glued them together w/Gorilla glue (good stuff!!) Painted the front w/ a small $1.00 bottle of acrylic paint. Painted the backside all black. Applied lettering and Chip-n-Dale stickers and sprayed with acrylic. The acrylic will protect the sign from rain etc.

If you decide to do this...for the sake of being very quick...I HIGHLY recommend the brush on acrylic lime green paint. On my first run, I used spray paint. :headache: The covereage wasn't as good..took longer to dry..cost more and I wasn't happy with the color at all. Being the OCD type I am I removed the former lettering, replaced with better lettering and repainted. :sad2: Also to save time you could go with a wooden stake instead of hanging it. Good luck!

The stroller lock....whatever makes you feel comfortable. :thumbsup2 We've just never locked ours. Of course we keep all cameras and such with us when we park the stroller. I know it may look weird that my youngest is 5 and we still have a stroller, but he has a s/n stroller tagged as a wheelchair.

Keep on posting your progress. I'm having loads of fun following along!

Thanks so much for the instructions! I'll have to work on that when I get back from the mountains this weekend. I'll post a picture when (if!) I finish!:thumbsup2

I don't know if we'll use the lock or not - I am planning on leaving her clothes change, extra shoes, and snack cooler in the basket at the bottom. But no biggie if we lose any of that, really. Who wants to steal someone else's juice boxes?! :rotfl2:

Thanks for following along - got some pics coming up

Well, I got the Pooh bag finished today (I only get to sew during naptime;)) - and it is my favorite one yet! I don't know if I'll have a chance to make any more before we go. I would LIKE to use the princess pattern to make a zipper bag to go in the bottom of the stroller to carry extra clothes in for DD. It would just be a flat bag with no handles or anything. We'll see...:confused3

Got my Disney shoes today! Woo hoo! Gotta start wearing them everyday so they are broken in. They are quite comfy right outta the box, though, so I think they'll be great. They are Lands End Trekker Sandals. The bottom is all rubber, so I know they'll keep my feet and legs comfortable all day. The straps are made out of that soft nylon type stuff (microfiber? no, that's not it...) anyway, the same stuff they make the zip-up life jackets out of. Drawing a blank... so I'm thinking they will do well wet or dry. Plus, they have several places to adjust the straps so as my feet get chubbier and hotter during the day, I can loosen them up! Yes, I know I need a pedicure in a bad way. Mom's coming to visit next week - maybe she'll treat :love:

SL372242.jpg

SL372243.jpg

Those do look like comfy shoes! They are cute too! I might have to check in to those.

I bought some lands end shoes for our last trip but they were more like the water shoes. They were comfy but they were hot and just not pretty at all. I really like yours :thumbsup2 I am going to look at those also. I am enjoying your thread and the bags. We took a stroller for our four year old. He didn't use a stoller any longer so we had to buy one. a wal mart special umbrella type stroller. He was so happy we brought it :rotfl: we took our backpack on the rides but the stroller was fine. Only problem: entrances and exits are often in different places so you have go find your stroller. Also cast members are constantly moving them :confused3 straightening them up or parking them somewhere completely different. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter