Anyone try the RBT Fantasmic Premium seating?

Seems better to pay a bit more for the Blue Bayou Package. Food is probably better, the view is better.
or
Just do the Hungry Bear Package for the better view.

Seems better to pay a bit more for the Blue Bayou Package. Food is probably better, the view is better.
or
Just do the Hungry Bear Package for the better view.

I do agree that the food is better at BB but for us it is more of a convenience and comfort reason for choosing the RBT premium package. DD9 wants to see fantasmic but not from the floor this time because as others have mentioned in other threads you do not always get a good spot and us going during the holidays it will make it much less stressful. We rather just go to RBT have dinner and then watch the show and fireworks.

Rebumping this thread.

For a mid December trip with crowds I’ll probab go with the RBT upgrade. 60 days puts me at October 17th. Is it better to just call?

Rebumping this thread.

For a mid December trip with crowds I’ll probab go with the RBT upgrade. 60 days puts me at October 17th. Is it better to just call?
Calling the dining line is the only way to book the RBT premium dining. The phone lines open at 7am PST. I called closer to 8am on my 60 day mark and was able to secure a reservation. I hear they go pretty fast though -- usually within the first day of available booking, so call early if you can!

We have the package booked Aug 24th, so I'll report here on my experiences along with some pictures. I'll try to do a video if I remember too!

Just got off the phone with Disney Dining. Tried to reserve Thursday, October 4 RBT premium dining. I was told Fantasmic is only on the weekends in October. Since Fridays are Halloween parties, just Saturday and Sunday. I have to wait until August 7 to call back to book for Saturday, October 6. Why can't Fantasmic run during the week in October?

Just got off the phone with Disney Dining. Tried to reserve Thursday, October 4 RBT premium dining. I was told Fantasmic is only on the weekends in October. Since Fridays are Halloween parties, just Saturday and Sunday. I have to wait until August 7 to call back to book for Saturday, October 6. Why can't Fantasmic run during the week in October?

They haven't had F! during the week in "off season" for a long time (if ever). I wish they would, but nightly entertainment is usually only during the peak season.

Why can't Fantasmic run during the week in October?
Bluntly? Because it’s not worth the money to Disney. The crowds while decent sized in Oct are not enough to merit summer level entertainment of nightly Fantasmic shows.

Fwiw Fireworks are the same.

Thank you guys for answering so quickly! Will be calling first thing in the morning to hopefully secure a railing table on Saturday. Thanks again!

Thank you guys for answering so quickly! Will be calling first thing in the morning to hopefully secure a railing table on Saturday. Thanks again!
Out of curiosity -- what did the dining line CM tell you in terms of how they assign tables? The answer I received was very vague and that the restaurant arranges it ahead of time based on the sizes of all the reservations. She mentioned not to get there too early because "it wouldn't do me any good." I've mostly heard others corroborate this (that it is pre-assigned and getting there early doesn't help), but you can never be sure...

Out of curiosity -- what did the dining line CM tell you in terms of how they assign tables? The answer I received was very vague and that the restaurant arranges it ahead of time based on the sizes of all the reservations. She mentioned not to get there too early because "it wouldn't do me any good." I've mostly heard others corroborate this (that it is pre-assigned and getting there early doesn't help), but you can never be sure...

Called @ 7am this morning, once I got thru to a CM, she wasn't in a good mood at all. Infact, I think she was Grumpy's sister. She said she didn't know how the tables are assigned. I am hoping we do get rail side seating.

Called @ 7am this morning, once I got thru to a CM, she wasn't in a good mood at all. Infact, I think she was Grumpy's sister. She said she didn't know how the tables are assigned. I am hoping we do get rail side seating.
Ha! I know a few people like that...too bad she didn't have more info. I guess we will just have to hope for the best and see what we get.

Calling right when they go on sale will definitely not guarantee you rail seating, but you may luck out! We were the first ones to call and got third row. So you never know. Enjoy nevertheless!

Calling right when they go on sale will definitely not guarantee you rail seating, but you may luck out! We were the first ones to call and got third row. So you never know. Enjoy nevertheless!

Good to know. What did you think of the third row view? Did you have a lot of your view blocked?

We stood up and could see fine. I know that seems to defeat the purpose of seating- but we didnt mind standing up just for the duration of the show. It was better than waiting in line early and hanging out for ground seating. I think you would still be able to see if you stay seated, but would be somewhat obstructed.

We stood up and could see fine. I know that seems to defeat the purpose of seating- but we didnt mind standing up just for the duration of the show. It was better than waiting in line early and hanging out for ground seating. I think you would still be able to see if you stay seated, but would be somewhat obstructed.

What about the crowd behind you. Did they seem to mind you standing?

Exactly, we were in the back row, so we did not block others views. We would never stand in seats that would block others views.

We did this package a couple of nights ago and I'm not sure I'd do it again. Maybe if I'd never seen Fantasmic and I couldn't sit on the ground for one of the other dining packages, or if there was some way to guarantee one of the closer tables.

We ended up in the second row over towards the right if you're looking toward the ROA. There was a pole in my view and we were so far over that the mist projections were blurry. The view of what was going on on the water was blocked by people standing in the FP areas, and some of the rest of the view was obstructed by people who had kids on their shoulders. Like the part where the walking brooms come out that's down on the water, I only knew they were there because I could see the top half of the brooms and I recognized them from the music and having seen Fantasmic (the movie) a number of times. There's also a large tree in between the restaurant and the ROA -- most of the time it wasn't in the way, but there was some stuff that disappeared into the tree top. I've done the Dessert Party at DCA twice and that view is FAR superior to the River Belle view. The other thing is that you're far enough back that it just didn't feel in the bubble, if that makes any sense. The music isn't as loud as it would be if you had a regular FP or as it is at the Dessert Party, for instance. On the positive side, we had a seat and we could see most of what was going on on Tom Sawyer Island and the larger projections that were right in front. Later in our trip we were in the seated FP area and that view was FAR better.

I also was unimpressed with the food. After seeing good reviews for the ribs, I ordered the pork ribs and DD14 ordered beef. The pork ribs were tender and they had good flavor, but they were cooked to the point of being mushy. DD14 didn't like the sauce on her beef ribs (and she's a big rib eater). We ended up sending hers back and she got the pork instead. The serving size was VERY big ... we could have easily split a meal. She had the soup as her appetizer and it was so thick it was the consistency of a pudding instead of soup (which means it had most likely been sitting for a while). I had the salad, which was good. We both had the dragon dessert ... it was ok but nothing spectacular. Service was good.

We originally had reservations for 4 because that's all I was able to make on the phone ... they said they didn't have anything available for 2. We arrived and told them the other two had canceled. It wasn't a problem.

For $150 plus tax and tip for two people ... it was a disappointment.

We did this package a couple of nights ago and I'm not sure I'd do it again. Maybe if I'd never seen Fantasmic and I couldn't sit on the ground for one of the other dining packages, or if there was some way to guarantee one of the closer tables.

We ended up in the second row over towards the right if you're looking toward the ROA. There was a pole in my view and we were so far over that the mist projections were blurry. The view of what was going on on the water was blocked by people standing in the FP areas, and some of the rest of the view was obstructed by people who had kids on their shoulders. Like the part where the walking brooms come out that's down on the water, I only knew they were there because I could see the top half of the brooms and I recognized them from the music and having seen Fantasmic (the movie) a number of times. There's also a large tree in between the restaurant and the ROA -- most of the time it wasn't in the way, but there was some stuff that disappeared into the tree top. I've done the Dessert Party at DCA twice and that view is FAR superior to the River Belle view. The other thing is that you're far enough back that it just didn't feel in the bubble, if that makes any sense. The music isn't as loud as it would be if you had a regular FP or as it is at the Dessert Party, for instance. On the positive side, we had a seat and we could see most of what was going on on Tom Sawyer Island and the larger projections that were right in front. Later in our trip we were in the seated FP area and that view was FAR better.

I also was unimpressed with the food. After seeing good reviews for the ribs, I ordered the pork ribs and DD14 ordered beef. The pork ribs were tender and they had good flavor, but they were cooked to the point of being mushy. DD14 didn't like the sauce on her beef ribs (and she's a big rib eater). We ended up sending hers back and she got the pork instead. The serving size was VERY big ... we could have easily split a meal. She had the soup as her appetizer and it was so thick it was the consistency of a pudding instead of soup (which means it had most likely been sitting for a while). I had the salad, which was good. We both had the dragon dessert ... it was ok but nothing spectacular. Service was good.

We originally had reservations for 4 because that's all I was able to make on the phone ... they said they didn't have anything available for 2. We arrived and told them the other two had canceled. It wasn't a problem.

For $150 plus tax and tip for two people ... it was a disappointment.

Thank for your this perfect review. Makes me reconsider and go with BB and sitting front and center in the ground.

This really was a great review and again I appreciate it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter