Anyone try the RBT Fantasmic Premium seating?

video.php

That looks okay. So is it worth the $70pp. I would love to hear more about your trip

Hard to say for sure if it is worth it. For my seats right on the railing I would say yes, well worth it, but if I was in the back of the patio I would so no.

It really depends on where you get seated.

Hard to say for sure if it is worth it. For my seats right on the railing I would say yes, well worth it, but if I was in the back of the patio I would so no.

Can I ask what the process/procedure is for seating? Reviews I've read from a while back suggest that tables are assigned as you check in so recommend getting there early. However, your experience seems to suggest that maybe they are already assigned in advance? I don't want to get there way ahead of time if there is no need. I made my reservation as soon as the dining opened so fingers crossed for a good spot!

Thanks for the video. The video is much better than the other posted video. It probably also has a lot to do with what camera everyone is using to record at night.

Can I ask what the process/procedure is for seating? Reviews I've read from a while back suggest that tables are assigned as you check in so recommend getting there early. However, your experience seems to suggest that maybe they are already assigned in advance? I don't want to get there way ahead of time if there is no need. I made my reservation as soon as the dining opened so fingers crossed for a good spot!
I have also read that it is when you reserved not when you arrive. For what its worth I think everyone on here reserved right as soon as they could. I know I did right on the 60th. It would be nice if they could tell us where we might be sitting.

May I ask what time you got to the restaurant and where did you line up? Check in procedure?

I know it's a long shot but if anyone has reservations for 12/15 or 12/17 and plans on cancelling, will you give me a heads up before you do? I'd really like to do the premium seating and it's all booked up. Thanks in advance!!

Thank you for this honest assessment. Our group decided to go ahead and book, reserved it on the first day our date became available and are hoping for the best.

Based on this video, you probably can't see the floats with the princesses going by and probably have a terrible view of the water screens. All that money....for junk. DL really needs to just dump the whole pay-to-play deal and get back to letting guests actually SEE the the show....not just the ones who fork out wheelbarrows of money.

Yeah, but Disney is a business. If they continue to sell out all the seating, even the sub-par views, and people continue to flock through the gates and fill Disney's coffers whether they can see Fantasmic or the parade or the fireworks or use fastpass or whatnot, what motivation is there for Disney to make less money? Is it a bummer to me sometimes? Sure. But I figure I can still choose for myself whether to go to Disney or do something else with my time and money. And I prioritize the way I spend my time and money when I'm there. What that means is that our family still hasn't seen the new Fantasmic show. We rarely watch World of Color. We only bother with the fireworks occasionally. We've done some decent dinners but nothing fancy or high end. We don't stay at the onsite hotels although we did have the experience twice many, many years ago before prices skyrocketed. I have chosen for now to leave those activities to those people who have more patience with crowds, more tolerance for imperfection, and more disposable income (or at least more willingness to dispose of their income) than me. I did shell out for Maxpass though even after feeling initially disappointed by the new nickeling and diming being served up as an "enhancement" and darned if I didn't love the thing. Others though remain perfectly content to use the fastpass system as is and save their money for something else, Disney or non-Disney. I guess I figure I can go to Disney and be happy with what I make of the experience or go to Disney and be miserable about the whole rigged system and all the things I'm not doing when I'm there or not go to Disney at all and do something else. For now, I'm still on the go as often as I can and make the most of it plan.

Based on this video, you probably can't see the floats with the princesses going by and probably have a terrible view of the water screens. All that money....for junk. DL really needs to just dump the whole pay-to-play deal and get back to letting guests actually SEE the the show....not just the ones who fork out wheelbarrows of money.

You assume incorrectly, we could see the floats with he princes just fine. We could see most of the water screens, maybe not the bottom 10% but it was not an issue for us.

May I ask what time you got to the restaurant and where did you line up? Check in procedure?

We checked in about 7:50PM for our 8PM time slot. Just checked in and they sat us, no questions asked.

I can tell you when we were seated there was on table that was seated in the back, and 3 others seated along the rail.

Not sure what that means, but that is what we saw.

-Lane

MacMama - I have reservations for the 17th that I'm still considering cancelling. It's only for 3 people, but I can let you know if I do decide to cancel.

We checked in about 7:50PM for our 8PM time slot. Just checked in and they sat us, no questions asked.

I can tell you when we were seated there was on table that was seated in the back, and 3 others seated along the rail.

Not sure what that means, but that is what we saw.

-Lane
Thank you

So I found this video on You Tube - not a whole lot about the food, but the viewing seems pretty lousy to me???

Oh geez I've had better seats without paying. When you need a selfie stick to get some video as you stand that far back I wouldn't pay the money. I've been considering the Blue Bayou Premium and I am going to have to get more reviews before I even attempt this if this is what you get from the RBT.

Hmmm...Wife and I have reservations for this Friday (12/8) for the RBT Premium seating at 8 PM. I made them right at the 60th day mark first thing when they opened up at 7 AM via telephone. I hope that counts for something, because if we are seated in the back it will be a waste of $140. I can no longer sit on the ground but have put off getting the wheelchair/scooter, so a seat is a necessity. Hope we are lucky enough for a rail side table. Thanks to all who posted, particularly the photos and videos.

Hmmm...Wife and I have reservations for this Friday (12/8) for the RBT Premium seating at 8 PM. I made them right at the 60th day mark first thing when they opened up at 7 AM via telephone. I hope that counts for something, because if we are seated in the back it will be a waste of $140. I can no longer sit on the ground but have put off getting the wheelchair/scooter, so a seat is a necessity. Hope we are lucky enough for a rail side table. Thanks to all who posted, particularly the photos and videos.
If you have time could you post a review here. Have a great trip!

Still debating whether to keep this or the BB Fantasmic package. Look forward for the reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter