• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone purchase Disney themed luggage for their travels?

Me too!!!! The black background with little Mickey and Minnie's all over. I also have the matching tote.

MJ

No, mine is still Island themed. Part of the Small World Series. :)

I try to avoid things with Minnie. I am all about Mickey - LOVE him. Minnie not so much. Lol.

I would love to get new Disney themed luggage, but I'm very reluctant to because the last time we flew home from a WDW trip via Orlando airport, I had a number of things stolen from my suitcase including a brand new bottle of Laila from the Norway pavilion, my daughter's stuffed animal souvenir, ALL of the handmade bead and crystal bracelets I had brought with me (that I had made myself), a WL-themed souvenir mug and more. My suitcase was solid black with a small plain Mickey head on the front, but I had also attached a poofy multi ribboned (Disney color of course and heavy on the polka dots, naturally) to the luggage tag. What a big disappointment to get home and face the unfortunate realization of all these missing items. Since then, I've been very reluctant to be so transparent about my travel destination by using Disney luggage for fear of attracting the eye of would-be thieves. I'm sure it happens to all kinds of luggage, not just Disney themed, but I've never had that happen to me when traveling before or since (using plain, non-Disney luggage), so you know, once burned, and all...)

That is awful.....Laila is an awesome scent and certainly not inexpensive.....I would be heartbroken as well to have all those things stolen.

MJ

Ok, so I just looked and I have more Mickey luggage than I thought....in addition to the pic I posted earlier up thread I found these in my luggage closet. I definitely have a luggage addiction.

Disney luggage.JPG

MJ

We will be purchasing new luggage (finally switching to "hard" suitcases) before out next cruise and while I appreciate some of the Disney (especially SW) luggage, I am too paranoid about theft. Suit cases are way too easy to steal - even in this day and age. I've had packages stolen out of the U.S. mail system that were being shipped overseas because someone read the contents on the customs form and decided they wanted my boxes. I was able to recoup the money (eventually) but it left me a bit jaded. I'll keep my Disney magic on the inside of my bags.

We will be purchasing new luggage (finally switching to "hard" suitcases) before out next cruise and while I appreciate some of the Disney (especially SW) luggage, I am too paranoid about theft. Suit cases are way too easy to steal - even in this day and age. I've had packages stolen out of the U.S. mail system that were being shipped overseas because someone read the contents on the customs form and decided they wanted my boxes. I was able to recoup the money (eventually) but it left me a bit jaded. I'll keep my Disney magic on the inside of my bags.

Sorry about your packages. What a world we live in!

I have nothing useful to add, but this seemed like a good thread to lament not purchasing this particular piece of luggage in 2014 in Hollywood Studios b/c it seemed silly to buy luggage in the middle of a vacation when we didn't *need* to. And by the time I looked online for it a few weeks later, it was either gone or 3 times the cost it had been in the store on re-sale sites. Opposite of buyer's remorse, I suppose - did-not-buy-er's remorse! 3+ years later and I'm still a sad dork b/c I don't have this, LOL! Buy whatever you like, I say. :)

7501055880064.jpg

We got the black mickey one a few months ago when Groupon was featuring a sale on them (My mom got the Mickey pants, so cute) and then we got the hard shell one on the boat this past May. 19702500_1366448816736596_1127362109004107866_n.jpg

We just recently purchased star wars themed luggage. 2 big hard sided ones and all carry on for us and the kids. We love them can't wait to use them for our next trips!

1. Has anyone purchased Disney luggage, like Minnie or Mickey, for themselves (adults) for travel or has it been primarily for the kids?

I've bought it for myself.

2. If yes for the adults, did you get a set or just select pieces? If pieces, what size?

I've had a couple of different ones. Carryon size. Will explain below.

Are there a lot of Disney luggage coming off the baggage claims ramps?

No. And that's one of the reasons I buy stuff like that. Very visible, doesn't look expensive. So the first prevents accidental grabbing, second prevent active thieving. Harder to get away with and I would think they'd be more likely to go for visibly expensive stuff- tumi, Louis Vuitton- because thieves are usually after contents rather than bags.

I'm a little concerned that having that high of a profile luggage, instead of the usual solid black luggage, might attract someone to take. Should I worry? Nope, see above.

And then, on the other hand, how uber cool it is to have unique luggage and something that is to spot when it comes off the ramps!

Yes!

*I've only had carryon type stuff because the trouble with novelty stuff, like character suitcases or whatever, is that it's usually cheap crap and missing key components that I want in a suitcase like good wheels, quality pockets and straps.

And I haven't seen the luggage equivalent of Disney coach or Dooney and Burke. I would look at your familiar brands for special editions first if you want a suitcase that will last and you're a frequent traveller.

Mostly I've settled for awesome kid luggage tags, because I don't like replacing stuff. Like think red samsonite or victrinox with Minnie tags and a polka dot band or something.

1. Has anyone purchased Disney luggage, like Minnie or Mickey, for themselves (adults) for travel or has it been primarily for the kids?

I've bought it for myself.

2. If yes for the adults, did you get a set or just select pieces? If pieces, what size?

I've had a couple of different ones. Carryon size. Will explain below.

Are there a lot of Disney luggage coming off the baggage claims ramps?

No. And that's one of the reasons I buy stuff like that. Very visible, doesn't look expensive. So the first prevents accidental grabbing, second prevent active thieving. Harder to get away with and I would think they'd be more likely to go for visibly expensive stuff- tumi, Louis Vuitton- because thieves are usually after contents rather than bags.

I'm a little concerned that having that high of a profile luggage, instead of the usual solid black luggage, might attract someone to take. Should I worry? Nope, see above.

And then, on the other hand, how uber cool it is to have unique luggage and something that is to spot when it comes off the ramps!

Yes!

*I've only had carryon type stuff because the trouble with novelty stuff, like character suitcases or whatever, is that it's usually cheap crap and missing key components that I want in a suitcase like good wheels, quality pockets and straps.

And I haven't seen the luggage equivalent of Disney coach or Dooney and Burke. I would look at your familiar brands for special editions first if you want a suitcase that will last and you're a frequent traveller.

Mostly I've settled for awesome kid luggage tags, because I don't like replacing stuff. Like think red samsonite or victrinox with Minnie tags and a polka dot band or something.

Love this brand....I have a carry on from them that I just love.

MJ

676094758be01.jpg

Just bought 2 of these today for $83.99 each. I purchased them directly through American Tourister. Plus free shipping. 28 inch spinners
I have this exact same bag, but in the wheeled carry-on size. Our last carry-on fell apart, so why not replace it with a Disney bag!?! Vera Bradley also has nice totes and duffels, as well as crossbody bags, with the Disney theme. They are very organizational.

I would love to get new Disney themed luggage, but I'm very reluctant to because the last time we flew home from a WDW trip via Orlando airport, I had a number of things stolen from my suitcase including a brand new bottle of Laila from the Norway pavilion, my daughter's stuffed animal souvenir, ALL of the handmade bead and crystal bracelets I had brought with me (that I had made myself), a WL-themed souvenir mug and more. My suitcase was solid black with a small plain Mickey head on the front, but I had also attached a poofy multi ribboned (Disney color of course and heavy on the polka dots, naturally) to the luggage tag. What a big disappointment to get home and face the unfortunate realization of all these missing items. Since then, I've been very reluctant to be so transparent about my travel destination by using Disney luggage for fear of attracting the eye of would-be thieves. I'm sure it happens to all kinds of luggage, not just Disney themed, but I've never had that happen to me when traveling before or since (using plain, non-Disney luggage), so you know, once burned, and all...)

This is terrible!! At what point do you think the thefts happened? By workers or from sitting at baggage carousel?

This is terrible!! At what point do you think the thefts happened? By workers or from sitting at baggage carousel?
My guess is that it happened while going through airport scanners. Who is watching those people? With all of the bags that pass through there in a day, it would be very difficult to keep track of them.

I have nothing useful to add, but this seemed like a good thread to lament not purchasing this particular piece of luggage in 2014 in Hollywood Studios b/c it seemed silly to buy luggage in the middle of a vacation when we didn't *need* to. And by the time I looked online for it a few weeks later, it was either gone or 3 times the cost it had been in the store on re-sale sites. Opposite of buyer's remorse, I suppose - did-not-buy-er's remorse! 3+ years later and I'm still a sad dork b/c I don't have this, LOL! Buy whatever you like, I say. :)

7501055880064.jpg

I feel that way already, too. I saw luggage while at Disney Springs last month and I'm thinking I shoulda bought it!. That's why I asked the question about Disney luggage. Now I"m seeing some really cool pieces they've had through the years. Thank you for sharing yours (well, you know what I mean). Very unique. And no offense intended. I've been there about other products and I understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter