Anyone purchase Disney themed luggage for their travels?

happytime

Mouseketeer
1. Has anyone purchased Disney luggage, like Minnie or Mickey, for themselves (adults) for travel or has it been primarily for the kids?

2. If yes for the adults, did you get a set or just select pieces? If pieces, what size?

I'm asking for a number of reasons. I'm a huge Minnie fan. Some airlines are going to under the seat luggage (small totes or child size) for a carry-on unless you want to pay for overhead storage. And lastly, I need new luggage, so why not Disney? lol

Are there a lot of Disney luggage coming off the baggage claims ramps?

I'm a little concerned that having that high of a profile luggage, instead of the usual solid black luggage, might attract someone to take. Should I worry?

And then, on the other hand, how uber cool it is to have unique luggage and something that is to spot when it comes off the ramps, correct?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers.

Last edited:
Kind of yes, but not really.

I own a number of pieces of Vera Bradley's Disney Dreaming. My set includes the duffle, backpack, tote and cross body. I don't use them on planes, but they've gone on many road trips.

we just got a Disney luggage set from ebags.com. The luggage is American Tourister brand and they have both hard case and self shelled luggage in different sizes to choose from. Hope this helps!

we just got a Disney luggage set from ebags.com. The luggage is American Tourister brand and they have both hard case and self shelled luggage in different sizes to choose from. Hope this helps!

Luggage for yourself or for your children?

Both of my 2 DD have Disney Princess carry-on luggage and I have an Olaf one (I love Olaf) and we use them all the time, not only for our cruises. Also, if you love Minnie, I support your decision.... Why not? :joker:::MinnieMo

We haven't purchased luggage. But we've all got numerous Disney themed high quality & personalized luggage tags from Zazzle. zazzle.com

Both of my 2 DD have Disney Princess carry-on luggage and I have an Olaf one (I love Olaf) and we use them all the time, not only for our cruises. Also, if you love Minnie, I support your decision.... Why not? :joker:::MinnieMo

I totally agree!! Love Olaf, too! He's cool, though I have to admit, Minnie is still my fave so far!! My grandson LOVES OLAF!!!!!!

I have two soft Mickey luggage pieces from American Tourister. We have found it so much easier to spot them at airport luggage claims, makes it so much easier. I have expensive Coach Mickey and Coach Snoopy luggage tags on them that I am more worried about people stealing then the luggage itself but they are luggage tags and I am going to use them for the purpose they were made for. If anyone does take them, shame on them.

We (2 adults) got one of the Disney by Heys hard-sided sets. 21", 26" and 28" pieces. They got beat to heck and back on multiple cruises, scratches and dents, deep scratches and divots. 2 of the 3 pieces are now broken. One was our fault, the other appeared to be a manufacturing defect.

I have 2 of the American Tourister pieces. My checked bag is red with white polka dots. My carry on is black with Mickey's face stenciled on.

Others may have different experiences, but I haven't found the American Tourister luggage to be a very high-quality. Considering the cost, I would choose a better quality bag, and add a Disney luggage tag

Anyone recommend a small Disney bag or tote for the under the seat luggage that airlines are heading toward implementing?

I am also still wanting to get some good luggage. Something that can take a beating and still be useful? (I would say ticking but luggage isn't a watch..lol)

I have several pieces of Disney themed luggage for me (not the kids!). I love the first set I purchased but the pieces are so heavy even before they are packed. They just don't cut it anymore with weight restrictions nowadays. They are a brocade fabric in muted colors (see below).

mickeyluggage.JPG

I also have a regular black upright that has the mickey head icon in red and some burgandy luggage with black MM icon on it and also the upright hardsided clamshell type with Mickey comic book print on it. I don't like the clamshell ones as much because you have to lay them down to open and fit anything in it (like getting something in or out at the gate. With a regular upright you can unzip the top and stuff some last minute things in. With the clamshell type it has to be unzippered almost all the way to fit things in.

comic book MM luggage.JPG

I saw the comic Mickey luggage at Disney Springs a month ago. Hubby felt it was too busy, though I thought it would be a very easy piece to find on baggage claim ramps. lol

My kids have these and did not have any trouble with them arriving on time or being stolen (thank goodness! I didn't even worry about that)
I would get the Minnie Mouse polka dot one if I could afford it right now!

We have a red carry-on size suitcase that was part of a buy more get more offer several years ago and we still use it. Mostly the kids since its kind of small. Then the various bags we have gotten from AP specials, and DCL castaway clubs etc.

I love the red & white polka dot Minnie luggage that I have seen. However I am hesitant to buy it because I'm worried about how it will look after a few flights. I currently have solid red (soft sided) luggage that I bought because I loved it, but after going through the airline conveyors and handlers a few times, it has black streaks all over it and just looks really rough. I can only imagine white polka dots would be worse. :sad1: Hard sided might be ok though.

1. Has anyone purchased Disney luggage, like Minnie or Mickey, for themselves (adults) for travel or has it been primarily for the kids?-We purchased for ourselves. no kids we brought the biggest one.
search

2. If yes for the adults, did you get a set or just select pieces? If pieces, what size?-see picture

I'm asking for a number of reasons. I'm a huge Minnie fan. Some airlines are going to under the seat luggage (small totes or child size) for a carry-on unless you want to pay for overhead storage. And lastly, I need new luggage, so why not Disney? lol-we love our bag. it's really big-we have to check it but it's sturdy and very nice quality.

Are there a lot of Disney luggage coming off the baggage claims ramps? -there is some (very little) more at Orlando airport but it's easy to recognize your luggage which is nice.

I'm a little concerned that having that high of a profile luggage, instead of the usual solid black luggage, might attract someone to take. Should I worry?-i don't think so solid black luggage would just blend in with everyone else's.

And then, on the other hand, how uber cool it is to have unique luggage and something that is to spot when it comes off the ramps, correct?
search
-see above Agree!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter