Anyone purchase Disney themed luggage for their travels?

I have a little game that I play while sitting in my seat on the plane to Orlando as everyone boards. I count the number of Disney bags (obviously carry on size) and see if it is higher than last time. Then I divide them into categories to see which is higher: Princess-theme, Frozen-theme, Cars-theme, Marvel-theme, Minnie-theme, Mickey-theme, etc. There really are enough to categorize them. That doesn't even count the number of Disney bags coming off the conveyor if we are picking up our luggage ourselves. You will simply be in good company. (Even my niece's little girl has a full-size Minnie polka dot suitcase)

img-thing.jpeg

Yep - years ago my Mom bought me a colorful Mickey comicstrip carry on as a gift. I still use it as my go-to and have received so many compliments on it - mostly from airline workers! I guess they get bored seeing similar luggage all the time. :)

This is what I use for under the seat - I have the smaller duffel size. Its from the 'Its a Small World' collection JanSport had.

lesportsac-tahitian-dreams-weekender-bag1.jpg

View attachment 247178

Yep - years ago my Mom bought me a colorful Mickey comicstrip carry on as a gift. I still use it as my go-to and have received so many compliments on it - mostly from airline workers! I guess they get bored seeing similar luggage all the time. :)

This is what I use for under the seat - I have the smaller duffel size. Its from the 'Its a Small World' collection JanSport had.

View attachment 247179

I got that LeSportSac duffel when I worked at the Disney Store!! I have the next version (black background) as a little cross-body bag. :)

I got that LeSportSac duffel when I worked at the Disney Store!! I have the next version (black background) as a little cross-body bag. :)

Oh I just loved these..! :D I also got a different bag with the polynesian dancers on it and then had to step away from the site lest I try to buy more... I travel a lot but not THAT much!

Oh I just loved these..! :D I also got a different bag with the polynesian dancers on it and then had to step away from the site lest I try to buy more... I travel a lot but not THAT much!

Yeah, my "saving grace" was that I got a cast member discount. Even then, it was pretty much the check from there I was bringing home. (Just extra money for fun stuff - not that I had time for much fun when i was teaching AND working at Disney Store.)

This is the luggage that I purchased for each of our three daughters for our first ever Disney Cruise, and filled it up with Disney themed treats to surprise them. Anyhow, they are soft-sided rolling duffles with telescoping handles that fit perfectly under the seat in front of you. My.oldest feels she has outgrown hers, so maybe I'll steal it as my carry-on! FB_IMG_1498529872892.jpg

676094758be01.jpg

Just bought 2 of these today for $83.99 each. I purchased them directly through American Tourister. Plus free shipping. 28 inch spinners

All of my luggage is Disney with the exception of my backpack - i like a little more utilitarian there. I have multiple pieces in all sizes, from many different collections over the years. Duffles, small hard shell, small soft shell, large hard shell. I am an adult - no kids and I LOVE it!. However, I very rarely check my luggage, so most of it goes on the plane with me.

My girlfriend and I wanted to get some of the R2-D2 hard cases, but we were concerned someone might steal them.. Is this an irrational thought?

My girlfriend and I wanted to get some of the R2-D2 hard cases, but we were concerned someone might steal them.. Is this an irrational thought?

At what point would you imagine someone would steal them, off the baggage carousel? Or do you mean a worker. I can't imagine either would happen bc of the suitcase rather than the items inside, but, stranger things have happened, I'm sure! ! Maybe hustle down to the carousel, if that's your fear. If you mean a worker, hopefully there are cameras everywhere, but who knows. ...

Last edited:
At what point would you imagine someone would steal them, off the baggage carousel? Or do you mean a worker. I can't imagine either would happen bc of the suitcase rather than the items inside, but, stranger things have happened, I'm sure! ! Maybe hustle down to the carousel, if that's your fear. If you mean a worker, hopefully there are cameras everywhere, but who knows. ...

Yeah probably the Carousel, or when they are left outside your door on the cruise?

I have a soft side medium size Walt Disney Embroidered piece I purchased at POR years back ( expandable) when I ran out of space for too many gift purchases.
I still use it each trip. It's a great multi pocket, multi zip piece that has been used many many times, both by air and not.
We all have Mickey luggage tags.
And as an aside... I now bring my own full size pillow with me ( car travel)...has a pooh/piglet pillowcase. Yes I'm an adult.. who enjoys the finer things in life lol!
Life is short, enjoy!

I would not allow any hesitation to get Disney luggage just because I am an adult. I walk on planes and the ships carrying my Pluto pillow pal. I hate the mentality that Disney is "just for kids" ... they wouldn't make adult Disney merchandise if that was the case, and especially full sized luggage! That said, I use the carry-on Disney comic hardshell spinner. I'd like to get a medium sized Disney suitcase. I say, pick out your favorite print and go for it.

Americantourister.com has their Disney luggage on sale for 40% off right now. The 21" are 59.99, and the 28" are about 85.00, with free shipping. Not a bad price and they have excellent reviews.

676094758be01.jpg

Just bought 2 of these today for $83.99 each. I purchased them directly through American Tourister. Plus free shipping. 28 inch spinners

Adorable. I think this is a great piece for traveling!

I"m loving ALL the photos of the luggage ideas. Didn't realize there were so many!!!

This is the luggage that I purchased for each of our three daughters for our first ever Disney Cruise, and filled it up with Disney themed treats to surprise them. Anyhow, they are soft-sided rolling duffles with telescoping handles that fit perfectly under the seat in front of you. My.oldest feels she has outgrown hers, so maybe I'll steal it as my carry-on! View attachment 247218

VERY, VERY cute. I LOVE Minnie! Where did you get these?

Some of my luggage is doing Cosplay this go around. Red, white polka dots with black trim. Minnie as a Carry on.

I would love to get new Disney themed luggage, but I'm very reluctant to because the last time we flew home from a WDW trip via Orlando airport, I had a number of things stolen from my suitcase including a brand new bottle of Laila from the Norway pavilion, my daughter's stuffed animal souvenir, ALL of the handmade bead and crystal bracelets I had brought with me (that I had made myself), a WL-themed souvenir mug and more. My suitcase was solid black with a small plain Mickey head on the front, but I had also attached a poofy multi ribboned (Disney color of course and heavy on the polka dots, naturally) to the luggage tag. What a big disappointment to get home and face the unfortunate realization of all these missing items. Since then, I've been very reluctant to be so transparent about my travel destination by using Disney luggage for fear of attracting the eye of would-be thieves. I'm sure it happens to all kinds of luggage, not just Disney themed, but I've never had that happen to me when traveling before or since (using plain, non-Disney luggage), so you know, once burned, and all...)

Me too!!!! The black background with little Mickey and Minnie's all over. I also have the matching tote.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter