Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received the bad news yesterday. Disney exercised the ROFR.
HH (Oct) 210 points at $40/PT - 2011-418 pts, 2012 - 210 pts. Seller pays 2012MF. Buyer pays $650 closing cost. I guess it was expected....

Sorry to hear that. Better luck next time.

Just got the email from Rachel at Fidelity: Disney waived their ROFR & we're on our way to closing!!! WOO (freaking!) HOOO!

The deets: 160 pts., BLT, Apr. uy (all '12 pts & going forward) $89.06/pt, split MF, buyer pays closing. (sub 3/19 -so exactly 30 days!)

Just got the email from Rachel at Fidelity: Disney waived their ROFR & we're on our way to closing!!! WOO (freaking!) HOOO!

The deets: 160 pts., BLT, Apr. uy (all '12 pts & going forward) $89.06/pt, split MF, buyer pays closing. (sub 3/19 -so exactly 30 days!)

Congrats!!! :woohoo:i passed last wed and awaiting closing docs.....surprising how the wait for closing docs is much easier than waiting for rofr to be waived. Perhaps because it is almost time to part with my hard earned loot?

Congratulations! The waiting was painful but it paid off. :thumbsup2

We just heard today (day 28) that our next OKW passed. It is 90 points at $52 with buyer paying closing and maintenance.

I swore I would not use Fidelity again, but we gave it another try. Last year we spent almost 4 months trying to close on 90 points. This time we refused to sign the automatic 60 day extension they try to slip in the paperwork. If they can't get it done in 60 days we are walking. I'm hoping for the best this time.

We just heard today (day 28) that our next OKW passed. It is 90 points at $52 with buyer paying closing and maintenance.

I swore I would not use Fidelity again, but we gave it another try. Last year we spent almost 4 months trying to close on 90 points. This time we refused to sign the automatic 60 day extension they try to slip in the paperwork. If they can't get it done in 60 days we are walking. I'm hoping for the best this time.

Good luck! Thanks for the "heads up" about the extension paper too :)

CONGRATS on passing ROFR! :cool1: I am personally glad to hear that an OKW at that price point got through too, since I have one in ROFR right now :yay:

I am sorry to hear about your past experience, but hopefully Fidelity will be able to get it done this time! :rolleyes1

Congradulations

Last year we spent almost 4 months trying to close on 90 points. This time we refused to sign the automatic 60 day extension they try to slip in the paperwork. If they can't get it done in 60 days we are walking.

Did the closing company start on the closing without you signing that 60 day extension paper ? Sounds like a good idea to do and I'll have to try that myself.

Congrats!!! :woohoo:i passed last wed and awaiting closing docs.....surprising how the wait for closing docs is much easier than waiting for rofr to be waived. Perhaps because it is almost time to part with my hard earned loot?

Well, I think part of the easiness comes from the certainty that the sale is going through. The "Disney can yank this opportunity out from under me" contingent is gone - which, for me, makes waiting infinitely easier. As for the parting w/ hard earned loot, I can't believe how eager I am to spend that big chunk, lol.

Thanks for the 'grats, everyone! I'm super excited!

And I wish my atty. hubby would've thought to nix the 60-day extension paper... next time, I guess!

First ever DVC contract purchase - sent to Disney for ROFR today (3/20/12)

Details are:

SSR 250 points, Dec UY, $43.60/point, 0 points for 2011, 250 points for 2012. Buyer pays closing and 2012 MF.

Just found out today (4/18) we passed ROFR...

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I too just got the email....

We are now the happy owners of 60 points @ VB..........:dance3:

More time at Aulani for us pixiedust:

offer accepted 3/20
submitted rofr 3/21

SSR 200 $50.00 Jun 11-20, 12-200, 13-200, 14-200 Buyer pays closing split mf's

Now the long wait but heading to SSR on Monday so hopefully it will make the wait easier!

Found out today we passed rofr! :cool1:

Thanks everyone. As far as the extension paper, we would have never even realized we were signing it unless we had had that previous problem. When I faxed the papers back in initially, I put a big X through that page and told them to get it done in 60 or we will walk. They were ok with it, but said that if we didn't get it completed in the 60 days the sellers could walk if WE then chose to go ahead with the extension. Whatever. Anyway, everything is good so far and they said we will have the final papers in 10 to 14 days. Hope this info helps someone else.

Passed ROFR today! :cool1:

My first contract--150 points at VWL April UY $57/pp. 14 banked points for 2012.

Passed ROFR today. 175 pts Vero Beach, all 2011 and 2012 points, 42$/point. Seller pays closing costs, buyer pays annual dues! Can't wait to book Beach front cottage :)

Wow - lots of people passed this week! Congrats to everyone!!!

I have to say that after a handful of posters popped on to say Disney had exercised ROFR, I was a bit worried. So glad not to have that worry anymore!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter