Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap, Disney exercises their ROFR on another contract I had, that's 2 in a row. Details are:

OKW 400 Aug, $39/point, buyer pays MF and closing, 182 2010 banked points expiring Jul/12, 400 2011 points bank into 2012 and all 2012 points.

Went to Disney on Apr 2nd, found out today Apr 20th.

Woohhnnnnt-Waaaahhhhhh!

Disney took mine too :sad: I had 2 contracts out - one for BWV and one for OKW. Just told this morning that the OKW was taken by Disney. Here are the details:

Disney's Old Key West 75 points - December Use Year, 150 2012 points (75 banked from 2011), all 2013 points available. Listed at $65.00 per point, but I was paying $55 per point. Buyer to pay closing and split current year MF with seller. Sent to ROFR 4/3/12.

I'm just praying they don't take the BWV which is the one I REALLY wanted. Hope, hope, hope...

Terri

That's a real bummer, guys :( I hope you have better luck next time. Permavac, I'll keep my fingers crossed that your BWV passes! I'm shocked both of you heard back so fast. My BWV contract was sent on 3/28 and I haven't gotten any news.

Wow! Sorry to hear that these OWK contracts didn't get passed.

So all the theories are out the window now for OWK - UY, who pays closing, who pays fees. high price/pt, low price/pt...

No offense, but I am so glad that my OKW contract made it through. I'd be a wreck now, overthinking my next attempt to buy...

No offense, but I am so glad that my OKW contract made it through. I'd be a wreck now, overthinking my next attempt to buy...

I'm glad for you that your contract made it through. :) I've already got a good number of points and am just looking to add on, so it isn't the end of the world.

One the bright side my broker must like me as I've got them commission on 1,000 points in the last month.

Well this was not my day, just heard that my other OKW contract got ROFR today as well.

270 Sept OKW, $50/point, buyer pays closing and seller pays MF. Had 182 point left in 2011 and 540 points in 2012.

Have I set any record here, 3 OKW contracts lost to ROFR in a month.

Have a new offer accepted and if this one gets ROFR I'm going to :scared:

BWV 350 MAR, 700 point for 2012, all points going forward. Buyer pays closing, seller pays MF. Asking price was $64.29 While not the best deal, I've always wanted to own at BWV :lovestruc

BWV 350 MAR, 700 point for 2012, all points going forward. Buyer pays closing, seller pays MF. Asking price was $64.29 While not the best deal, I've always wanted to own at BWV :lovestruc

Best of luck and welcome to the BWV waiting club. I've got two more weeks to go. I'm happy to see Fidelity got a new supply of BWV contracts listed if mine gets ROFR. You got a juicy one and will have time to use the banked points if it goes through.

Best of luck and welcome to the BWV waiting club. I've got two more weeks to go. I'm happy to see Fidelity got a new supply of BWV contracts listed if mine gets ROFR. You got a juicy one and will have time to use the banked points if it goes through.

Thanks, I'm fairly confident on this contract getting through.

It was nice that they got a couple of BWV contracts in. I've an offer on another one as well, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Good luck on this one Doug - it looks like a good one!

It sounds like a good deal to me! Good luck. After the luck you just had at OKW, Disney owes you this one!!

Wow! Sorry to hear that these OWK contracts didn't get passed.

So all the theories are out the window now for OWK - UY, who pays closing, who pays fees. high price/pt, low price/pt...

It almost seems as if DVD is accumulating OKW contracts. Hmmm...

Let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised to hear some sort of announcement from DVD in the near future. Sheer speculation of course.

Well this was not my day, just heard that my other OKW contract got ROFR today as well.

270 Sept OKW, $50/point, buyer pays closing and seller pays MF. Had 182 point left in 2011 and 540 points in 2012.

Have I set any record here, 3 OKW contracts lost to ROFR in a month.

Don't give up, Doug, there is an OKW contract out there with your name on it...you'll see!

Don't give up, Doug, there is an OKW contract out there with your name on it...you'll see!

It was kind of a good news bad news kind of day. While I was very sad to lose both those really nice OKW deals, I was very happy to get an accepted offer on a BWV contract even though it cost me more. Now if my other BWV offer gets accepted I'll be really really happy and will have more than enough points and will take a break from accumulating points.

It was kind of a good news bad news kind of day. While I was very sad to lose both those really nice OKW deals, I was very happy to get an accepted offer on a BWV contract even though it cost me more. Now if my other BWV offer gets accepted I'll be really really happy and will have more than enough points and will take a break from accumulating points.

Doug, I really hope this (and your other) BWV contract passes :thumbsup2. That sucks about the 3rd OKW contract getting ROFR, because now all of us with OKW contracts are still :eek:...

Woohhnnnnt-Waaaahhhhhh!

Disney took mine too :sad: I had 2 contracts out - one for BWV and one for OKW. Just told this morning that the OKW was taken by Disney. Here are the details:

Disney's Old Key West 75 points - December Use Year, 150 2012 points (75 banked from 2011), all 2013 points available. Listed at $65.00 per point, but I was paying $55 per point. Buyer to pay closing and split current year MF with seller. Sent to ROFR 4/3/12.

I'm just praying they don't take the BWV which is the one I REALLY wanted. Hope, hope, hope...

Terri

Wow I'm a bit surprised on the OKW contract. We bought a similar contract at OKW in March however it was only 50 points, but it passed at $55 per point. We paid all MF and closing and no banked points. April UY.

Wow I'm a bit surprised on the OKW contract. We bought a similar contract at OKW in March however it was only 50 points, but it passed at $55 per point. We paid all MF and closing and no banked points. April UY.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the DVC ROFR office :listen: On another board someone speculated that because inventory is currently low for buying DVC direct (only AKV and Aulani still available...?) that they are focusing on buying back OKW contracts cheap to sell for profit with direct purchasers who aren't interested in Aulani and don't want to "waitlist" for a sold out property but want an on-site WDW property choice other than AKV. A painless way (it would seem) to start completing the OKW contract extensions as well. Who knows for sure, but that is as good speculation as anything I could think of.

Terri

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter