Anyone heard of Palo Prima Notte?

On an unrelated note, the name reminds me of that scene from Braveheart. Awkward. :confused3
I went with what Tony said he'd be reinstituting if he was able to pick up Thor's hammer. Probably the same thing? I've never seen Braveheart.

I went with what Tony said he'd be reinstituting if he was able to pick up Thor's hammer. Probably the same thing? I've never seen Braveheart.
Tony is referencing the scene from Braveheart when he says what he will do once he’s able to pick up Thors hammer.

Tony is referencing the scene from Braveheart when he says what he will do once he’s able to pick up Thors hammer.
Ah. Like I said, never saw Braveheart. Not a Mel Gibson fan and tend to avoid his movies.

We are on the Nov 4 sailing out of NYC to San Juan and something called "Prima notte at Palo" popped up for the first night only under OnBoard Fun. $85/pp. It's an Italian wine tasting with a "curated selection of bite-sized delicacies." This will be our 9th cruise and I don't think I've ever seen this before. Has anyone done this before or is it a new offering?
We are on the same cruise and we are doing it as well. Really looking forward to it. I agree with other posters that the first night Palo dinner has not been successful, so this is a great alternative since we can still go to dinner on the first evening. We are fine with missing the Golden Mickeys (been there done that ). What time are you booked for? We are doing 6:45 so we can go to 8:15 dinner

Cruising in January and signed up for this because it looked exciting and especially with it being at Palo. Will update after our cruise!

We are on the same cruise and we are doing it as well. Really looking forward to it. I agree with other posters that the first night Palo dinner has not been successful, so this is a great alternative since we can still go to dinner on the first evening. We are fine with missing the Golden Mickeys (been there done that ). What time are you booked for? We are doing 6:45 so we can go to 8:15 dinner
Did you ended up doing it? What was your experience? TIA for sharing!

Hi! Wondering if you ended up doing it and can share some info? Thanks!
I’m not the person you were asking but we did the first prima notte offered on the Dream on 11/4 so I can share some info. 5 wines and 4 small bites including one dessert. The bites were: seared ahi tuna, gnocchi with a pesto sauce, snake river farm wagyu, and a chocolate mousse type dessert with blood orange inside. All of the bites were fantastic and the wines were excellent as well. Each party had their own table in the front room of Palo. The sommelier served as our host and the chef made a short appearance at the beginning. The wines and bites were served to every table at the same time by numerous servers dedicated to this experience as the sommelier spoke about each wine and pairing. The palo manager was there for nearly the whole experience as well and solicited feedback from each table towards the end. We absolutely loved this experience and found it worth it every penny. They did add 18% auto gratuity so it came to just over $200 for 2 people. We did the 645pm offering and still went to 815 dinner-although I was fairly full so didn’t eat much. 0A34D960-24D3-4C9C-A26A-2681A02BAC2F.jpegIMG_7307.jpeg

The bites were: seared ahi tuna, gnocchi with a pesto sauce, snake river farm wagyu, and a chocolate mousse type dessert with blood orange inside.
Thank you for the great summary! All of those things sound delicious. Now, to convince someone to go with me...hmm...

I’m not the person you were asking but we did the first prima notte offered on the Dream on 11/4 so I can share some info. 5 wines and 4 small bites including one dessert. The bites were: seared ahi tuna, gnocchi with a pesto sauce, snake river farm wagyu, and a chocolate mousse type dessert with blood orange inside. All of the bites were fantastic and the wines were excellent as well. Each party had their own table in the front room of Palo. The sommelier served as our host and the chef made a short appearance at the beginning. The wines and bites were served to every table at the same time by numerous servers dedicated to this experience as the sommelier spoke about each wine and pairing. The palo manager was there for nearly the whole experience as well and solicited feedback from each table towards the end. We absolutely loved this experience and found it worth it every penny. They did add 18% auto gratuity so it came to just over $200 for 2 people. We did the 645pm offering and still went to 815 dinner-although I was fairly full so didn’t eat much. View attachment 810708View attachment 810709
Sounds great! Thank you so much for sharing. Now, we're looking forward to it on our Dec. cruise.

I’m not the person you were asking but we did the first prima notte offered on the Dream on 11/4 so I can share some info. 5 wines and 4 small bites including one dessert. The bites were: seared ahi tuna, gnocchi with a pesto sauce, snake river farm wagyu, and a chocolate mousse type dessert with blood orange inside. All of the bites were fantastic and the wines were excellent as well. Each party had their own table in the front room of Palo. The sommelier served as our host and the chef made a short appearance at the beginning. The wines and bites were served to every table at the same time by numerous servers dedicated to this experience as the sommelier spoke about each wine and pairing. The palo manager was there for nearly the whole experience as well and solicited feedback from each table towards the end. We absolutely loved this experience and found it worth it every penny. They did add 18% auto gratuity so it came to just over $200 for 2 people. We did the 645pm offering and still went to 815 dinner-although I was fairly full so didn’t eat much. View attachment 810708View attachment 810709
Wow we all appreciate the review and pics! So glad we signed up for this as it’s now sold out :)

Thank you for the info. I just booked this for our Jan 31 cruise on the Magic. I’m excited to try it out.

IMG_1770.JPGIMG_1772.JPGIMG_1773.JPGIMG_1775.JPG

Just got back from Disney Magic 4-night out of Galveston and did the Prima Notte on the first night. I didn't snap a photo of the wine bottles as my wife captured them but did take shots of the food. To me the first to last from a bites perspective went the pasta (gnocchi), then the dessert, then the fish and last the steak (was tough to chew; which for a small bite is not great - had to discreetly spit part back out). I wouldn't order the fish or steak based on the experience. But I would've eaten a bowl or two or three of the gnocchi.

The sommelier was quite informative and all of the wines were good. I'll have to steal her phone at some point to add the wines (if I remember lol). We both remarked that it was a fun experience but a one and done; especially considering the price at $85 / person so with tips and added tip, well over $200. As he described the pours are such that you end up with about half a bottle of wine per person in total.

We were in a private room within Palo with a beautiful mosaic mural behind us. For our evening it was us, two other couples and a person by herself. I think the atmosphere of the room and time with my wife were the best parts. The pace was nice and slow, plenty of time for chatting in between sips and bites.

So what if I wanted an appetizer before or additional dessert after? Would that be a problem?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter