Anyone heard of Palo Prima Notte?

Did you try 2 and a reservation for 1? Sounds crazy, but we had to do that on multiple reservations for Remy and Palo on our June cruise. We even had one reservation 15 minutes earlier. They automatically joined us together at same seating I did go and check once on board.
I wasn't actually trying to make the reservation, I was just responding to the idea that maybe Palo the first night wasn't popular. We are doing brunch the next morning so we're good! But thanks for the suggestion.

I wonder if this means regular Palo dining will not be offered on the first night? I know they rend to have few guests that night, so perhaps this is a way to increase interest.
Exactly. Palo is typically NOT booked 1st Nite as folks usually want to be part of the MDR thing, so this is a marketing ploy, err, feature, to turn a weakness into a strength. What the hey . . . Enjoy!

I just booked it for a MDAS cruise in January. I can't wait to see some reviews once it starts. It is fun try out new things especially being a frequent cruiser, but it will probably be a one and done or a very rare thing. Looks good though.

I saw it on my 11/4 Dream sailing, but the time available was 8:30 pm and I have 2nd seating. It looks interesting. Maybe next one.😎👍🏻🚢✨💫🌴

Is it not enough food to be in lieu of dinner? I just assumed it would be a full meal.
I don’t think so based off of the description and the fact that it’s listed as a beverage tasting versus a meal. We have it booked at 645 before our late dinner seating on the 11/4 dream sailing. Hoping I didn’t make a mistake in my understanding of the offerings.

I don’t think so based off of the description and the fact that it’s listed as a beverage tasting versus a meal. We have it booked at 645 before our late dinner seating on the 11/4 dream sailing. Hoping I didn’t make a mistake in my understanding of the offerings.
I don’t know if any of them have actually happened yet or if they start after Halloween on the High Seas, but I hope you will come back and tell us about it! My booking window opens in Oct, but we don’t sail until late Jan…though I guess I have to decide soon if we hold Remy or Palo on the first night. 🤔

I saw it on my 11/4 Dream sailing, but the time available was 8:30 pm and I have 2nd seating. It looks interesting. Maybe next one.😎👍🏻🚢✨💫🌴

It's not being offered on the 10/31 Dream sailing.

I don’t know if any of them have actually happened yet or if they start after Halloween on the High Seas, but I hope you will come back and tell us about it! My booking window opens in Oct, but we don’t sail until late Jan…though I guess I have to decide soon if we hold Remy or Palo on the first night. 🤔
Our sailing is HOTHS and we have the option, but not interested in doing it this time.

Our sailing is HOTHS and we have the option, but not interested in doing it this time.
What sailing date are you on? Trying to figure out if there will be time for someone to review it before I have to cancel it ahead of our 11/4 sailing.

What sailing date are you on? Trying to figure out if there will be time for someone to review it before I have to cancel it ahead of our 11/4 sailing.
We're on the one right before you, so yes, someone on our cruise could in theory do it and post, but not likely. There is a cruise meet thread for the cruise leaving on Saturday - you could post there and see if anyone is doing it? There is nothing for the next 2 weeks though between that cruise and ours.

We love Remy and often do it the first night so we can do it 2x, but now I am seriously considering trying this option instead. We’re probably not the folks Disney was trying to lure to Palo. 🤣
My wife has many allergies and restrictions and neither of us drinks wine . . . so the "basic Palo" is a nice change-of-pace. Goes well with our free bottle of sparkling . . . cider.

We liked the old brunch and will try that again on one of our 5 sea-days between HI and VCVr in March.

Glad folks have choices and even the high-end foodies can get some satisfaction on DCL.

My wife has many allergies and restrictions and neither of us drinks wine . . . so the "basic Palo" is a nice change-of-pace. Goes well with our free bottle of sparkling . . . cider.

We liked the old brunch and will try that again on one of our 5 sea-days between HI and VCVr in March.

Glad folks have choices and even the high-end foodies can get some satisfaction on DCL.
FWIW, I have a couple odd and very annoying allergies (e.g. Parsley) and Remy has always been extremely accommodating!

Looking forward to reading reviews on this. Guessing that since it's under onboard fun and not specialty dining that the Platinum Palo credit can not be used to offset the cost of this experience.

yeah, I am interested in hearing a review of this experience because of this. I gather that the emphasis will be more on the beverages tasted over the accompanying food. I would want to hear more about what I imagine is the collection of wines before committing to the experience.
On the one hand, we have discovered a few delicious Italian wines (and a few misses) at Palo through recommendations made during our visits — but we only want to spend so much of the trip away from our kids and I’m not sure I want to do this in lieu of other adult only activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter