• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone getting an iPad?

Android 2.2 is expected to launch on Wednesday, which should bring wifi tethering to android devices. Now I hope Verizon provides an update to the incredible.

Wifi tethering has been available since Android 1.0; it's the cell phone providers who have the feature removed from their official versions of each OS update... And pretty much just in the US, as this is an expected feature in Europe.

Thanks for the clarification.
Here's to hoping Verizon keeps it open this time. Although the capability has been there, there is some additional buzz about it in the launch of froyo, in that you will not have to root the phone.

Ordered an iPad 3g this week, but was informed that it will not come in until June.
Try Bestbuy that's where I got mine. It's not a 3g one though. I just kept on calling and calling them. I did buy it on apple.com but I was getting tired of waiting for it to be shipped. You can cancel your apple order because it's not going to be shipped till June.

I know this isn't a tech board, but since I raised the concern here I thought I'd share the answer I found. I ran the Spirit jailbreak application on my (wifi only) iPad and loaded the BTStack GPS app ($5) and am now able to use my external Bluetooth gps! The iPad acts exactly as though it were using the builtin gps on the 3G iPad. I'm thrilled with it!

I called every Apple Store and Best Best within a 100 miles daily until to my surprise The Mall of Georgia said, "Yes, we have just received a shipment of 3G iPads."

I may have broke a few speed limits on the way there to pick up my 64 GB 3G iPad. This thing is amazing! Printed books are history. Steve Jobs is right this thing is truly magical. Netflix movies and ABC television shows... The battery life? Incredible.

In case you can't tell I love my $784 toy.

I called every Apple Store and Best Best within a 100 miles daily until to my surprise The Mall of Georgia said, "Yes, we have just received a shipment of 3G iPads."

I may have broke a few speed limits on the way there to pick up my 64 GB 3G iPad. This thing is amazing! Printed books are history. Steve Jobs is right this thing is truly magical. Netflix movies and ABC television shows... The battery life? Incredible.

ME TOO!!!! I've had my IPad since they first came out and it never leaves my side when I'm home. Awesome device.

Wow... I didn't realize they were still so scarce. Glad I pre-ordered. Went in at noon and was out the door 30 min later. I hope they do the reorders with the new iPhone.

I know this isn't a tech board, but since I raised the concern here I thought I'd share the answer I found. I ran the Spirit jailbreak application on my (wifi only) iPad and loaded the BTStack GPS app ($5) and am now able to use my external Bluetooth gps! The iPad acts exactly as though it were using the builtin gps on the 3G iPad. I'm thrilled with it!

Good to know. Good to hear a review of the the Spirit jailbreak.

There is a jeweler offering a solid 22 carat iPad with a diamond encrusted Apple logo on the back.

It's only $189,000.00

:thumbsup2

Kevin, your kindle cover company is making an iPad case. If you go that route you could save 188k.

There is a jeweler offering a solid 22 carat iPad with a diamond encrusted Apple logo on the back.

It's only $189,000.00

:thumbsup2

Hmm I wonder how they made it? I mean did they gut a real iPad and move it to a new case or did apple give them special permission? That thing has gotta be heavy.

There is an iPad on the kitchen table!

It is not mine. It belongs to my partner. It is the new 3G model. Not sure exactly what that means.

He let me hold it as we drove home from dinner. I watched the little blue dot on the map show us exactly were we were travelling. Kinda cool and kinda creepy at the same time.

He says I can use it. But I am not sure what to do with it. I find the old laptop computer easier so far. But I suppose that could change?

He keeps it in a very low tech carrying case. A bubble padded envelope. He says he is not going to get over protective with it.

Here is the question of the night...
Is there a way to get iTunes podcasts from the iPad to the iPod for truly portable listening?

(no iPhones, we are still tracfone people)

There is an iPad on the kitchen table!

It is not mine. It belongs to my partner. It is the new 3G model. Not sure exactly what that means.

He let me hold it as we drove home from dinner. I watched the little blue dot on the map show us exactly were we were travelling. Kinda cool and kinda creepy at the same time.

He says I can use it. But I am not sure what to do with it. I find the old laptop computer easier so far. But I suppose that could change?

He keeps it in a very low tech carrying case. A bubble padded envelope. He says he is not going to get over protective with it.

Here is the question of the night...
Is there a way to get iTunes podcasts from the iPad to the iPod for truly portable listening?

(no iPhones, we are still tracfone people)
The 3G one means you can use the internet anywhere you go just like the I phone. You have to pay a montly service for it. I think it's like 20 something. Yes you can download podcast on it. Just go to the Itunes store on the I pad and then podcasts and download them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter