Anyone else sailing 2/2/02??

LOL!!! Girl, you are on a roll tonight! :D GMTA -- you and your Hard Lemonade/packing combination, and me and my ZiegenBock/packing combo. :D Hey, gotta practice, right?? LOL

I'm thinking of just chartering a flatbed truck at this point to haul the luggage... thank goodness they're all on wheels, but TD can only haul one and the rest is left to pack-mule Mommy. ;)

Hey, I went ahead and got my nails done tonight! They did a fabulous job -- they're really thin and look really natural, and they're just how I wanted them. And I had them painted this really pretty tropical kinda-hibuscus color. Of course, then I painted my toenails myself, and it looks like I let the dog paint them. I guess thinner women can paint their toenails without taking a deep breath, throwing themselves toward their feet, and trying to slap some polish on right before passing out. ;)

Oh man, how on earth am I going to get ANY sleep the next few nights??? I just can't wait to get there, and I can't wait to meet all you guys! Of course, if y'all make fun of the way I type, you're really gonna make fun of the way I talk. ;)

-gina-

ssclbc and gmm, I did call about dining rotation and of course the DCL person couldn't/wouldn't tell me, but told me in great detail a lot of stuff I already knew. Like, "look at the bottom of your card they give you at checkin and there will be some letters, that is your dining rotation." She was so friendly and wanted to help so much so I just played along, then popped my next question "if you have Animators Palate on formal night such as Sunday, is the light show on your next visit to AP, or always on the first AP night?" (found this out from a post I read, and don't know if it is true, wasn't totally clear on the post I read).

Well, she tried to help but never really could answer my question (something about Silly Symphony on Sunday at AP, and I don't know what that means except it's the old cartoons that I like, I don't suppose they would show SuperBowl instead, LOL). Guess I'll just have to go with the flow, and try for Palo Tuesday or Wednesday depending on rotation. Fingers crossed for PLAPLAP, which is what I want.

well I found a nice lime(?) green shirt to wear now, and a scarf/tie thing that matches, so the frou frou ribbon may not get seen. As Martha Stewart would say, "that's a good thing".

gmm, my DD 12 is missing 2 activities also, but not anything as special as a father/daughter dance. She griped a little, but seems OK with a cruise instead (I would hope so) but I know what you mean about the guilt. Things just never can be perfect it seems.

Gina, "3 sleeps" that is so cute!!

snwwhite, 74 degrees!! We hardly made it above 20 today, with snow and sleet for 2 days; I am really looking forward to some warmth.

I am just beat tonight, DD 16 has a cold, I told her to stay away from me (she's not very careful where she sneezes) and I better get some rest so I'm not susceptible (sp?).
I'll check in tomorrow....

Gina, I just KNEW we were posting at the same time!!! I just take so long to write (frozen fingers, you know)...see you soon!!

LOL, you are so funny with the toenails...ROFL I do relate to that, I did mine the other day!!!

Hi everyone,
Today is the big packing day.I am much relieved that no snow is in the forcast.In fact it felt like Fl in md here yesterday about 60+ degrees.The kids are SO excited[ and we got all that pesky school work done]!!I still need to find something lime green- maybe some ribbon from Joannes......
I delayed so much booking the shore excursions that they had closed them [1 week prior]. I wonder what time the shore excursion desk opens.I even asked the lady I spoke with if I could talk to the person at the shore excursion desk- duh- she then says sorry , but they are currrently out on the cruise- boy did I feel stupid!

I hope everyone has a safe and easy flight- good luck especially to Kathy with all those little hands to hold!I will try my best to make the Sun meet. I think the Sat sailaway might be iffy with my group.We have my inlaws traveling with us too.

You can see our halloween web page[ yes, I'm a halloween nut!!]- a couple of pixs of the kids posted there- you'll probably recognize them when you see them in the club .Jenny is the first and Shannon the second on the page a couple pages later I think is Jenna.

http://www.horrorseek.com/halloween/ darkdelights/cmerise.html
Well I feel like this little green bouncy guy
:bounce:
I can hardly wait!!! See you all soon !

Sorry, For some reason, the address keeps getting abbreviated .Just add a h to the address below and paste it in. That should work[ I hope!].

ttp://www.horrorseek.com/halloween/darkdelights/cmerise.html

Well, I got to packing last night too (wine was my beverage of choice!). One gigantic suitcase is already filled and two carry-ons are pretty much full...and DH has not yet started to pack his stuff ( I don't mess with it!).

The tinkerbell suit and coverup are packed so I'm not tempted to show them to DD and she's less likely to find them. I hope it's warm enough Sat. afternoon to use the pools a little (anyone know if they're heated?). Gotta relax after the mad dash to get Palo and spa ressies.

I think the wine tasting is on one of the first two sea days. I think it's a good idea to sign up ahead of time but not nearly as much of a big rush as Palo/spa. We can chat/plan on Saturday!

It's rainy and getting cold here...sunny Florida sounds better and better all the time.

ssclbc, about the pools, we went on the Wonder in August 2000, and this was my experience (disclaimer: may not be accurate for all sailings). I took a dip in the Goofy pool and it was like bathwater, even though the ship TV said water temp was 84F, that is not bathwater temp, it was quite a bit warmer than that I thought. Just my experience, not refreshing at all but that was my only dip. In February it may be different, I don't know. But it sure felt heated then.

mommyinmd, thanks for the pics!! We'll look for you and your girls. Creative halloween crafts, I'm impressed!!

I am off work now til after the cruise, having a Michelob but looking forward to having a margarita or a Bock beer SOON!!

Hi-
I just have a min. -- I have to pick up Paulie at pre-school-

Glad to see no one is shy about the drinking issue -LOL! I hope we don't run them dry!

ROFL---at you Gina! OMG!! The toe nail thing--- too funny! Hunny-- I understand exactly! That's why I am going to get my feet done! I can paint my nails without passing out! Toes on the other hand are another story!
And "looks like my dog did it"--- LOLOLOL!
I am glad you love your nails! Don['t you just catch yourself staring at them! I used to get mine done Before for diapers--- The good ole days!

Mommyinmind--- EVERYONE must check out the halloween yard! I have a list of questions to ask you! What a wonderful job--- I can hardly believe the pictures-- I think if I worked that hard I would leave it up all year -- and just put Santa hats on in Dec and Easter Baskets and eggs in the Spring! Waht do you think?

Okay-- I am late--- surprise
Bye for now--
Thanks for the weather update----

Hello--

Everyone must be off getting all their last minute things done!

I bet we can pick out each other in a crowd at the bar-- now that we all know what everyone's drinking! HAHA

I am getting one of those panic attacks-- Breath-- Breath-- It's just the excitement!

I just made 30 cupcakes for Rachaels class tomorrow-- she's celebrating her birthday early since we will be gone! Does anyone know if they do anything special since it is her birthday?
Can I do anything special?
Maybe I will post it on a board---if I can remember how!

Okay- Off to read about everything!
Talk to you all tomorrow! OMG--- Tomorrow we can say we are on vacation!!!!

Hi All~ Dh is washing and packing and very edgy! Hey, I'm totally relaxed, I've been packed for a few days now. Just some last minute whites to wash tomorrow and pack. Ds will be in school all day so I should get the last minute stuff done no sweat!

Had a bad day here today, our pet bunny Hopper died.:( Sunday I transfered her to a differant cage and completely cleaned out hers and she wasn't the same since. She wouldn't eat or go potty and today when I got home she was curled up and breathing really hard. I called the vet but they couldn't get her in and about 40 min. later she died. Tyler took it pretty hard, so did I, but I don't think Alexander really new what was happening. DH and kids buried her in the back yard.

We are supposed to get some huge winter storm here tonight and tomorrow. It hasn't started snowing yet, I wish it would just get on with it so it's all over by Friday. I don't want to be snowed in!!

I have a soft sided cooler and managed to cram it in with the shoes. I had to actually lay on the suit case to get it closed!

Did anyone read Petes 1/28 update? He worked out a deal with a local jewler in St. Thomas to print a coupon for people from the dis board for a free pair of tanzanite or emerald earrings. Just print out his report until he gets the coupon finished.

I hope everyone has a good night I am off to attempt to paint my toenails.

luvmy2boyz-- So sorry to hear about your bunny! Such a hard time for a family---- My dog has been gone ten years-- but I still talk about him--- YOu buried him in the back yard -- how sweet!

How can I get to Pete's website?

Originally posted by luvmy2boyz
Had a bad day here today, our pet bunny Hopper died.:(

Oh, I'm sorry!! :( :(

We are supposed to get some huge winter storm here tonight and tomorrow. It hasn't started snowing yet, I wish it would just get on with it so it's all over by Friday. I don't want to be snowed in!!

I hope it all gets over with quick!! We're getting the same front down here, but as usual we're getting severe weather instead of snow. But it's supposed to blow through pretty quickly and be clear Friday, which is all I care about! :)

Did anyone read Petes 1/28 update? He worked out a deal with a local jewler in St. Thomas to print a coupon for people from the dis board for a free pair of tanzanite or emerald earrings. Just print out his report until he gets the coupon finished.

I saw that!! Isn't that cool?? I printed out the report. I love tanzanite!

Please tell me someone else will still be around tomorrow to talk to... it's my last day at work, and I'll be dying of excitement!!! Gotta be able to share it with someone who cares! LOL!! :D

-gina-

OK so I haven't gotten to the nails yet~ I was over at Dave's sight checking out the weather. 80's and sunny on Friday! Yippee!! Thank you both for the sympathy, I have a raging headache from all the crying.

g.m. m. Pete is the webmaster on this sight if you go to the top where all the webmaster posts are you will see his post on with the 1/28 update.

Gina, I am not flying out until friday so I will be here tomorrow. Probably so excited I won't be able to type!! How's the typing with those cool new nails? I tried nails once (your probably thinking what's wrong with her she tried tanning once, nails once)I can't help it I'm not a real woman!LOL I could not function with the nails on! Couldn't get my contacts out of my eyes or type, and my ds hit me in the thumb and I thought he ripped my nail right off it hurt so bad! I do envy you though:)

Ok so now I'm really going to paint my toes;) Maybe...

Dh just came in here to tell me he is packing 9 pairs of shorts!! I am packing 3. He also called me at work today to ask me if I was taking 1 or 2 pairs of jeans! I am taking none! How long does he think we will be gone for???:rolleyes:

So sad about the bunny, I'm so sorry to hear that news!!

Well, we are leaving tomorrow, hope all that snowy stuff doesn't delay us but from here we will probably fly right over it. Maybe I better keep bonine handy for turbulence!! I am more concerned about our lone traveller flying out of Michigan, her flight is scheduled to come in before ours to Orlando and it is pretty snowy in Michigan with this storm system, so I hope she's not too delayed (a little delayed would be OK if it brings her in the same time as us). Everyone please send good thoughts/prayers for us to meet up with her with no problems.

That is my headache du jour, otherwise I am strangely calm, wondering if it is controlled hysteria, or because I was so organized this time (first time ever), I actually have everything done except my last-minute to-do list.

My teen who was making fun of the stuff I was bringing is now saying "Mom, are you bringing extra film?? mom, are you bringing sunscreen?" etc. I told her I don't want her making fun of me anymore for having an extra bag o'stuff.

gmm, I know they will do something special for a birthday, just let them know (probably your dining room servers).

Gina, I may post tomorrow morning but then I'm on my way!!! See you all at sailaway I hope!!

Kendall, if I don't talk to you in the morning, I hope you have a very safe trip -- and the other part of your party, too -- and I'm looking so forward to seeing you at the sailaway party!!!

Everyone else, I'll talk to you tomorrow! :)

-gina-

gmm,
The last Disney cruise we went in March. 3 of our girls have March bdays and we told them at some point. One night after dinner and dessert, they brought 3 individual small bday cakes to the table- maybe a candle in each one[?]The lttle one ,Jenna, had just turned 4 and pretty much wore hers. We took lots of pixs. Just let your server know about the bday the first night.

luvmy2boyz-- So sorry about the bunny. It's a very tough lesson of life for the kids- hard to watch them be so sad, I know.We are leaving a very old ,sick with cancer, English Springer at home with a house sitter. I 'm hoping he is still here when we return.
Today is going to be hectic and I may not have another chance to post. Good luck to all traveling and see you all very very soon !!!:bounce: Patty

That is so sad about the bunny. It's amazing how attached you get to pets. I had to put my cat to sleep last July. I'd had her for 15 years and I cried like a baby for days. At Christmas I found her stocking when I was putting all the other ones up, and cried like a baby again.

Only a half day of work today...then home to do all the last minute stuff like leg waxing, toe nail painting, plant watering, FINISH packing!!!

It's cold and rainy here. Supposed to get down to 27 tonight. I hope the roads don't become covered in ice, it would not make for a fun drive to the airport!

I may check in a little later today, but if not, see you all (y'all, hey I do live in Texas!) on Saturday, deck 10 starboard at 4:45 (right?)
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

luvmy2boyz - I am so sorry to hear about your bunny.

I will be here today and tomorrow. We don't fly out until Saturday morning. Delta has just started flying out of the airport we are using. In fact Saturday will only be their 2nd day flying out of this airport. Everyone please pray for us that there are no problems!!

I went to the Disney store yesterday and found the perfect shirt to wear. It is lime green with 3 sparkely (sp?) Mickey sillhouettes in the middle. So if you see that shirt that will probably be me. I can't wait to meet all of you!! My husband and I have both decided not to drink this cruise. I guess I will just have to order them virgin and pretend!!LOL!!

Today I go for my pre-cruise beauty treatments: Manicure, pedicure, lip and eyebrow wax (OUCH!!!!). If men only knew what we went through!!

OK..back to work!!!

Good morning, you guys!! I'm sitting here at work, trying valiantly to actually work, but it's sooooooo hard... :cool: I'm so ready to go!! I still have a lot of last-minute things to do tonight at home. I just keep wondering what planning detail I've forgotten, what question I forgot to ask... Oh well! :)

I'll check in again later...

-gina-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter