Anyone else sailing 2/2/02??

WOW, you guys have been busy this weekend!! I usually don't cruise the boards form home because my connection is soooo slow. I sure had alot of catching up to do this morning.

I guess I'll be the tall pale one in the group. No tanning for me. I just turn red and peel. Plus I have total skin cancer phobia.

DD is getting over her cold, DH has come down with it but was looking better this morning. I have avoided it so far...knock on wood.

Not packed yet, still in the pile it all up stage. I did go to Walmart yesterday and get more stuff. And the Tinkerbell swimsuit arrived!! Yippee!!

Also, We got switched to early seating for dinner. I'd just about given up hope, then I got the e-mail from my TA.

I'm so excited I can barely contain myself. I have a feeling this week is not going to be very productive at work. Oh, well, it's a short week anyway.

Just 4 days to go!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I totally agree about the work thing!! I mean, I just got here, and look where I am?? :D I will be completely useless this week... :)

Well, I guess I'd better try and do some actual work... LOL... talk to y'all later!

-gina-

Hello Everbody!! Boy, did I have some catching up to do this morning!! So much for working this week. I will probably just spend the whole week on the DIS!!

I took my daughter to the doctor on Friday and had her checked out head to toe. Luckily she is fine. The doctor did give me a prescrition for chewable amoxicillian. Only 7 pills; one for each day of the cruise. After her having strep 3 times in the last 6 weeks, better safe than sorry!!

I have almost finished packing. I made a list of what I still need to take. I did better this year than last year. We are only taking 1 hard sided suitcase, 2 pilot sized cases on wheels, and 1 hanging bag. Not bad for 3 people!!

I plan on tanning every day this week. I agree that the tanner you are the thinner you look...not to mention the way a tan helps hide all of those stretch marks!!

As far as I know we can make both meets. I really can't wait to meet everybody.

I found sunglasses at Kohl's over the weekend with lime green lenses. I know this cruise will probably be the only time I will wear them, but I couldn't resist!!

My goodness everone has been busy writing this weekend. I just put in Tarzan so I could write. Besides, the kids are so excited about the trip that they're bouncing off the walls and need some calming.
g.m.m. The toes looked so good, I had to go and get tips w/ acrylics too! So now not only do I misspell due to lack of proofreading time, it's difficulot to type too.

Gina, I have repacked several times. I think it's a sign of intelligence. I'm trying to pack as few carry-ons as possible b/c DH and I have four hands to be held. I'm a wreck about how we're going to handle a busy airport. Our two sets of twins are 2 years apart (25mos). It can be very very difficult sometimes, especially when it's too cold to go outside and play. When the younger set was born, we hired some help. It was only about 9 hours per week but it gave much needed attention to my older 2. When the younger ones were about a year, I decided to handle all 4 by myself. I have to admit though, the biggest problem is that they are all still so young and individual attention is pretty much nonexistant. Hopefully, they will feel that their situation is so unique and special someday that they will overlook that downfall. It must be great for them to have siblings pretty much the same age. They do get along great. Believe me, I am ready for this trip and don't get the wrong idea about me but I'll be at the bar a lot. Four little ones at home is vey stressful and I plan on relaxing which includes eating, drinking (I prefer Corona Light w/ a lime), and letting the kids eat whatever they want. They can eat healthy the other 51 weeks of the year-whatever makes the cruise easier!
All this bra talk is too funny. See when you're small, no need to worry. Now if I just could get the "twin skin" taken care of I'd be thrilled. I looked into a tummy tuck when I had a hysterectomy in Aug but that surgery was too involved so my GYN wouldn't allow it. Oh well, guess I've got to live w/ it. Boy, I can't believe I'm telling complete strangers about all this. Wonder what the discussions will be like after a few drinks!?!
2 days to go for us!! We leave Wed. Counting down the hours, Kathy

My older DS(who's name btw is Tyler) was up all night throwing up.:( It doesn't really bother me too much, I figure get it out of the way. I am hoping the rest of us don't get sick, or if we have to, make it before Friday.

I did call Disney and they do have to change Alexanders name on the reservation but it isn't too involving. I was worried about the airlines but because he's only 3 he won't have to show any identification. So that crisis is over.

Does anyone know where to get a softsided cooler? I planned on picking up drinks in Florida but I admit I hadn't thought about how to transport them on the ship. So, now I'm thinking I better buy some kind of cooler. I might beable to squeeze it in with ALL the shoes!

I am on Daves sight checking the weather constantly, it is gorgeous in the Carribean right now! We, on the other hand are back to winter, some snow in the forecast. Pray we don't get a blizzard on Friday!

I was hoping Return to Neverland would premier on the ship but it doesn't come out until Feb. 15. We are planning to see Snow Dogs while on the Magic though.

All packed ready to go just counting down the days...
See you all later~ Tracy:D

Hello--

I am laughing-- so many of us have opened up--- It feels like we've known each other forever-- like college roomies taking a vacation! Our Hubby's better watch out! My husband thinks I am nuts to begin with--- and with a few too many -- LOOK OUT!
Kathy-- I'll meet you at the bar-- frequently! Oh yeah-- I will be taking advantage of the night time services for the kids--- including grandparents offers--- so we can actually go out with adults! One night of wipping my oun butt would be great! That was a joke in our house-- I was wipping 4 out of the 5 butts in the house--- and I told Paul-- if it ever changes to 5 out of 5 -- Iam OUTTA here! LOL! Sorry-- had to tell that story!

Luvmy2boyz--- you are so funny with the push up bra! I am thinking by the end of the cruise - your Dh is going to loveyour2boyz too! LOL

Gina-- getting any work done?

Well-- looks like my little ds is doing better-- still whiny--- but Dh is sick and whinner---I can take the little guy--- the big one is harder to help! Does anyone else have that problem?

For the DCL vets-- do you take a purse to dinner -- or a wallet on islands? Not sure how to pack those!

I went to the web site last night that you gave us of the Jan 12 magic cruise---- I spent so long on it! I loved every minute! And did you read at the end -- they could take a cruise for 99.00 in Oct-- Do you think we will be offered the same deal?

I still haven't seen the disney commerial-- I am looking!

OKay-- Kathy have a safe flight and we will see you and yours on Deck 10 at 4:45--- Am I correct?
I can't believe I am saying that!! OH MY __IT"S REALLY THIS WEEK! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Have a good night!
Gina

Originally posted by g.m.m.
Hello--
I am laughing-- so many of us have opened up--- It feels like we've known each other forever-- like college roomies taking a vacation!

That's a perfect description, Gina! That's just how it feels to me! :)

Oh yeah-- I will be taking advantage of the night time services for the kids--- including grandparents offers--- so we can actually go out with adults! One night of wipping my oun butt would be great! That was a joke in our house-- I was wipping 4 out of the 5 butts in the house--- and I told Paul-- if it ever changes to 5 out of 5 -- Iam OUTTA here! LOL! Sorry-- had to tell that story!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!! That is TOO funny. :D
Well, I don't have any grandparents to watch Ty, but I'll definitely will be taking advantage of the Oceaneer Club not closing until midnight! Luckily he is quite the nightowl. I told him that he can just play with his friends until he gets sleepy then lie down on a mat there, and he was thrilled to get to stay there. Separation anxiety was never an issue with him. :)

So I'll get to play until I turn back into a pumpkin at midnight! :)

Gina-- getting any work done?

Actually, it did get busy all the sudden, which is great because it made the day go by really fast!

OKay-- Kathy have a safe flight and we will see you and yours on Deck 10 at 4:45--- Am I correct?
I can't believe I am saying that!! OH MY __IT"S REALLY THIS WEEK!

This week... that's THIS SATURDAY!!!!!! OMG!!!!!
breathe in... breathe out... breathe in... breathe out....

I just can't believe it's finally almost here... that is SO cool, y'all... :D :D :D

Kathy -- If you get a chance to get back on before you leave, could you tell me what kind of nail tips you had put on?? I was just thinking about that today, but I want tips and not full acrylics, but I'm not sure what to ask for. Do the tips break off really easily??

Okay, I have to try and get some sleep... no need to start the vacation off by being exhausted!

I'll talk to y'all tomorrow!

-gina-

Here I am early again, kind of in a panic/shock mode not believing we are so close now!!! I am nervous and excited, anyone else??
It will be fun to actually talk to you all soon, if I act nervous and shy (probably just will stand around grinning with a big drink in my hands) that is just me, I can write better than I talk sometimes (spilling guts here) but I do feel like I know you all already, just have to put faces with people; that will be a challenge!!

I did OK at work yesterday, stayed busy enough and I think I am really having trouble believing it is really almost time to go!!

I did go tan again (can't tell anything though), and decided my hair has GOT to have a trim, it is just too wild. My to-do list is pretty manageable now, that is a good feeling. Well, you all, I will check in later, I look forward to these posts every day and will be kind of glad to escape this internet addiction and meet you all in person.

You guys are too funny!! If your built like me bra talk is pointless...can you say flat like Kansas? When I was nursing my DD I STILL wasn't even an A cup!! Now my backside is an entirely different matter. I believe I was built upside-down and backwards.

I can't believe that in 72 hours I will be at DFW ready to get on a plane to Florida!! We're counting hours now!!

luvmy2boys: check Walmart for a softsided cooler. I found one that holds 24 cans and it was about $10. They were much more expensive at Target.

But, did you guys see that the porters are no longer accepting boxes of beverages as luggage? Bummer! Supposedly you can still bring stuff on but it can't be as obvious as a bunch of 12 packs taped together unless you carry it on yourself. Now where am I going to hide my beer and wine?! Do I have to bring a separate "party supply" suitcase?

See you all soon!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Woo-hooo!!! I have more than 75 posts and am now a DIS veteran!!!

I guess I really better get back to work....

I can't wait to meet all of you in person. I too may be shy at first, but give me time. It is alot easier to open up on the computer than in person.

I am hoping that Laura will take to the kids club better than she did last year. She is very friendly, but gets overwhelmed in large groups of kids, especially if she doesn't know anyone. That is one reason I am glad we have so many kids around the same age. They can meet each other at the sailaway party and then be more comfortable going to the clubs b/c they already know someone.

Sorry for the babbling, but I am so excited I can't stand it. I think my coworkers are tired of hearing me talk about the cruise. I am so glad to have fellow cruisers to share my excitement with.

I am testing an new computer program at work today and there are alot of steps where i have to do something and then wait an hour to see if it worked. Do you think I am doing other work during those times?? NO!!! I am spending all of my time here LOL.

See you guys in 4 days!!!!

PS.... it is going to be 74 here in Richmond, VA today. YEAH !!!

This will probaby be my last post but I will try to at least read up a little tonight. I will try to be on deck 10 at 4:45 (depending on the Goofy Pool area party). If not, did anyone come up w/ an alternate meet? Sunday 2:00 if I recall by Goofy Pool??
Gina- Tips and acrylics are just what you would imagine. They glue tips to your own nails and then put a layer of acrylic on them to make them hard. If you go this route, you should keep up w/ them every 2 weeks w/ "fill-ins." In my area, it's about $40 for the initial tips and acrylics and then $20 every 2 weeks for the maintenance. Good luck!

Well, I got DS2 haircut this morning and DS1 this afternoon (That way there is only 2 to watch in the barber shop at once). Baths and promised toe polish on the girls and they are good to go. We practiced a tea party for the much anticipated one w/ Wendy and DD1 decided she hates tea. She wants milk at her tea party. I hope they have enough for our family. We go through a gallon per day.

I'm off to pick up the older ones from school and drop off the younger two. By the way, that "LoveYour2Boyz" joke- hysterical!!

Have a safe trip everyone and I'll see you on the ship!! Wow, I love saying that!! -Kathy (The one w/ bags under her eyes due to lack of sleep from excitement)

Have a safe trip KathyV!!

Just a thought.... meet us up on deck 10 to introduce yourself and then take the kids down to deck 9 to dance!! I hope to see you there!!

Be safe KathyV, see you Saturday!!

Snwhite: good idea for people to just drop by at 4:45 even if they want to go down to deck 9. Once we all see each other it'll be easier to catch up later on.

northsouth: did you call DCL about your dining rotation? Did they tell you? I've gotten so obsessive over Palo ressies that I've written down all the possible rotations, then figured out which days I want brunch and dinner for each possibility so that I don't freak when I'm in line. Now if I can only remember to bring that piece of paper with me!

g.m.m.: I usually don't bring a purse to dinner with me. I just make DH carry the key. As for going on the islands, sometimes I bring a tote bag with stuff in it or have DH wear a "fanny pack" , (which is really funny because he has NO fanny!).

Not going to get a manicure or pedicure but I was thinking about waxing my legs. Then I wouldn't have to shave on the trip. I did it once and it didn't hurt too bad. Probably need a glass of wine first!

Speaking of wine...is anyone else up for the wine tasting? It's like $12 and sounds like fun.

Yeah, back to work (for awhile anyway).

Originally posted by ssclbc
good idea for people to just drop by at 4:45 even if they want to go down to deck 9. Once we all see each other it'll be easier to catch up later on.

I totally agree!! I'd hate to pass right by one of y'all on the ship, and not even know it was you!! :)

Speaking of wine...is anyone else up for the wine tasting? It's like $12 and sounds like fun.

I was seriously thinking about doing that, but haven't made up my mind if I want to spend the $$ yet. It's so pathetic -- I think of everything in terms of pin-costs. Like, the wine-tasting would be fun, but $12 will buy me a couple of regular pins or one special one. How sad is that?? Oh well. It's a disease. ;)

I think I'm panicking now... it's dawning on me how many little last-minute things I still have to do... I couldn't fall asleep last night, because I just couldn't turn my brain off. I kept checking off lists in my head. Anyone else going through that??

At the same time, I'm excited beyond all reason. :) "Only 3 more sleeps!!" as Tyler Dean says. :)

Gotta run for now... talk to y'all again in a bit!

-gina-

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one dreaming of packing, traveling, etc. I was awake alot (DH snoring like a buzz saw thanks to his cold wasn't helping either).

I've got Thursday afternoon off, so I keep saying to myself "oh I'll just do it Thursday". That list is getting a bit unmanagable. Better start sooner.

Oh come on, do the wine tasting!! We can all get a little squiffy then go sit in the hot tub. :D

I really hope my DD likes the clubs. I want a little vacation time and I know my DH needs a break too. He's a stay-at-home-dad and some time off from chasing DD is really needed.

I'm excited because I got in touch with an old friend who lives in Melbourne and we're getting together for dinner on Friday. Then it's CRUISE TIME!!!

98 hours till sailaway!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

LOL!! I like that idea of wine-tasting ----> squiffy ----> hot tub :D :D Okay, twist my arm! Count me in :)

-gina-

Okay-- I have one suitcase packed-- only like 10 more to go!

I ran to Walmart today to get things for the kids to do on the plane--- I want to start my vacation off without fighting! Although -they do get along pretty well-- they have all been sick and cranky----

I can't wait until Saturday! I can hardly believe it's so close! It is going to be soo cool to meet everyone--- I keep seeing it in my head--- funny-- I bet no one looks like I picture!

I am nervous too! I want to go to Palo's and have a spa hour (or 2)--but I am a wreck about the ressies--- We'll be tripping over each other to get in line--- and then meet at 4:45! LOL
I am a very scheduled person-- all my WDW trips are planned to the tee--- this is KILLING me!

Gina- I love how you quote everything-- I try so hard to do it and it keeps messing up---- you'll have to give me some pointers at the Internet Cafe-- actually --it'll be great to get away from the computer for awhile! Although I would like to e-mail Mil every now and then to let her know what she is missing-- still can't believed they backed out! Oh well!

My parents are so excited about 24 hour room service! That is their favorite part of vacation-- having room service at night-- and they about died when I told them it was 24 hours and FREE! LOL

Well - I haven't made it tanning-- so no one look at my legs until Thursday-- they should have color by then!
I am off to pack somemore------ I am getting butterflies--yikes!

I'll check back tonight--- I want to be a DIS VET -- only 58 more posts!LOL

:tongue: Just thought this looked like he went to the wine tasting event!
Where and when! Just let me know!
:tongue:

Hello again Girls!
I have 3 suitcases packed-FULL and still more to go! It's a good thing I started when I did or I would be sleeping on the cruise instead of drinking! Speaking of which... In honor of our new friendships-- I had a hard lemonade while I packed-- thought it would get me more in the mood!

Thanks for the advice on the purse-- I don't like carrying anything extra-- so a tiny wallet might be great for the diaper bag! And then I'll just shove everything else I need in Dh's fanny pack---

The kids are going nuts! Although Rachael is missing her first father-daughter dance at school this weekend-- I guess some kids were talking about it and at bedtime she had a meltdown and cried hard --- Dh said they would get dressed up and do something special--- Talk about guilt--- It is just starting ---- I know she'll completely forget about it while we are gone---but Mommy won't!

I just told the kis about all the other children we are going to know on the cruise-- their little eyes bugged out-- they were jumping up and down-- Rachael and Paulie are only 13 months apart-- so they have never been shy or afraid to go anywhere because they have always had each other-- But when they get to play with someone their own age and gender----they LOVE it!

DS #2 (Ryan) -- is feeling better-- he was smiling and giving his brother a hard time today-- always a good sign-- right?

Well-- off to pack one more tonight-
Talk to y'all tomorrow (how'd I do Gina?)

Back again-- must be that lemonade!

ssclbc- so glad to hear about your early seating-- I thought everyong else would be at the later one-- I would love to know the dinning rotation-- plan, plan, plan

and the suit came in!! Is it adoreable? Are you waiting until the cruise-- I have a hard time waiting-- I just get too excited!

Okay-- see everyone soon!!
:crazy:
Me on deck 10!~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter