Anyone else sailing 2/2/02??

Gina

Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
Just looking to see if anyone else is sailing on the Magic at that time... it'll be me and my almost-6 year old DS, and we'd love to make some new friends. :)

-gina-

I posted this same question yesterday and got no replies! Maybe we're the only ones on the ship? HA!

DH, DD (3 1/2) and I can hardly wait!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Now wouldn't that be nice!! LOL!!

DS is so excited about the Oceaneer's Club, I may never see him the entire cruise. Ah well, more frou-frou-umbrella-drink-time for Mommy. :D

-gina-

Me, Hubby, dd 6, ds 4 and my parents will also be there- can hardly wait!!!!

Hi, Gina and everyone!! YES, we'll be there: DH and me (40-ish) with 3 teen girls and a 12 year old girl. I was waiting for someone to post for 2-2-2002 ... thought of posting myself but just didn't. Gina, you can be cruise director!! See you SOON!!

Hi Kendall!!! I'm so glad you're still hanging around here!! Sorry I haven't emailed in soooo long... time has just FLOWN lately!!

Hey, this is my first-ever cruise of any kind -- don't make *me* cruise director! We'll all be doomed!! LOL

Only 58 more days! And I just got the pre-booking excursion form from my TA in the mail today! Yay!!! :D :D

-gina-

Are we going to wear the lime green ribbons?? Let's keep this post going so we can all "get onboard". I am starting to get excited, how about you all?? Just think, pretty soon it's Christmas holidays, then time to start packing!!! Are we ready???

Well, I still haven't had time to unpack from WDW Sunday, so maybe it would be easier if I just stayed packed! LOL!!

And yes, I will definitely have my green ribbons on!!

Okay, who else is sailing with us? Do we really have the ship to ourselves?? ;)

-gina-

The cruise is going to be here before we know it!

How great that you already got your shore excursion booking form!! Not that it would do me any good yet...I still haven't made up my mind what I want to do. Kind of limited with a 3 1/2 year old too but that's OK.

Gina, I noticed that you're from Pearland, I used to live in Houston but moved to McKinney (just north of Dallas) 5 years ago. Wouldn't it be too cool if someday we could get a Disney cruise out of Galveston?;)

I got my excursion forms too, but not taking any of them. We're going to do St John on our own I think, and not sure yet about St Maarten day, probably go to Marigot to shop and then to a beach.
We were going to do the horseback riding but have heard too many horror stories.

A DCL person told me our official docs could arrive by the end of December unless you booked air with DCL, then the docs are sent later. That will be an exciting day, when the docs come!!!

I feel at home with all you Texans, my brother is in Houston (a poor Enron employee :( ) I too would like a cruise out of Galveston, could visit my brother and then cruise too!!

As far as excursions go, I swore I wasn't going to do any. But I've never been anyplace like the Caribbean, and I'd love to at least get some good pictures, so I was thinking of the St. Thomas island tour. It's only 2 1/2 hrs, inexpensive, and involves no physical activity. ;) I think I'll just stay on the ship at St. Maarten, maybe venturing just off far enough to say I was on the island. I tried to call the number on the form to at least reserve a float for DS at Castaway Cay, but couldn't hold that long at work. I'll try again tomorrow.

Wow, wouldn't that be awesome if DCL sailed out of Galveston??? We have Royal Caribbean now... had NCL from the Port of Houston, but not anymore. Man, it's only 25 minutes from my front porch to standing on the seawall in Galveston -- I'd go broke sailing on DCL all the time!! LOL!!

Kendall, I didn't know your brotherworked for Enron! So did my cousin. :( It's so sad around here -- it's all the news is about.

Ssclbc -- where in Houston did you live? I grew up in SW Houston, in Walnut Bend (Westheimer/Beltway 8 area.) Went to St. Thomas Episcopal School in Meyerland. I just moved to Pearland in May, because it has been a dream of mine to live here. Just ask Kendall how excited I was about buying this silly house! LOL

Kenspen -- Our kids will be in the Oceaneer's Club together! What's your daughter's name? I'm going to tell Tyler Dean (DS) about her.

Hey, we all need to exchange pics so that we know who we're looking for on the ship! Whaddya think??

Oooo, I have to share my cruise-related milestone of the day: I got my little boy's suit for formal night! For $7!!!! Won it on eBay. :D I've been looking for months. It's so adorable!! Dark blue, jacket, vest, slacks, and even a white shirt, all in absolutely pristine condition. I'm THRILLED. I love eBay!!! Got my own dress for formal night there, all beaded and everything, for $16. Now I just need to eat NOTHING in between now and February so that I might still fit into it by then!!
:eek:

-gina-

Hi All! We are a party of 12, 6 adults 6 kids. It looks like some of us will have children the same age:) We have a 31/2yr.old boy and girl, a 4yr old boy, 2 almost 6yr. old's, 1 boy and 1 girl and an 8 yr old girl. I think the 8 yr. old is going to be in the group with the 5-7 yr. olds so she can be with the olther 2 children. I'm going to have to get my TA on the ball, I haven't received any excursion information yet! Just booked my car through Avis yesturday. It was alot cheaper than going with a limo service. We are flying down on Friday and staying at the Econolodge in Cocoa Beach. Anyone else going a day ahead? Coming from the Midwest you never know what the weather will be like so we felt much safer doing it this way. We booked our air ourselves so I'll be looking for those documents come the end of December. I also thought about horseback riding but changed my mind after reading about some very bad expirences. Now I'm thinking of Parasailing, I've heard you can do it for a reasonable fee at Coral World on St. Thomas. I think our kids are going to love the kids clubs! I'm looking forward to a few "stollen moments" at the adult pool and an hour long massage. We have been planning this since last January, I can't believe we're almost there!!:D :D

So cool to find others on-board!!

We're flying in the day before too, staying at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach. I always try to get to the port the day before, had a REALLY close call once...almost missed the ship in Athens, arrived with no luggage.

Gina, I can't believe you used to live in Walnut Bend...my husband lived there for several years before we got married and moved in close to the Medical Center. He was on Overbrook from about 1989-93. I lived in Houston from 91-96 while I did my residency at Baylor College of Medicine. I really miss it sometimes, especially all the great restaurants. That reminds me...gotta get those Palo ressies!

Good to hear that there will be others my DD's age (3 1/2) on board. She's a little bummed that Pooh is not often on the ship, but excited to go all the same.

I was thinking about the Sea&See trip on St. Maartin. Anyone have experience with that? We've been to both St. Thomas and St. Maartin numerous times (I'm a cruise addict) but never ventured beyond the town in St. Maartin. We rented a car in St. Thomas once...it was great! Actually I enjoy staying on the ship in port sometimes, it's much more quiet and less crowded.

Exchanging pics sounds good to me, but I'm kind of a computer dunce so I'm not sure how to do it.

Can't wait!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by luvmy2boyz
We are flying down on Friday and staying at the Econolodge in Cocoa Beach. Anyone else going a day ahead? Coming from the Midwest you never know what the weather will be like so we felt much safer doing it this way.
I think our kids are going to love the kids clubs! I'm looking forward to a few "stollen moments" at the adult pool and an hour long massage. We have been planning this since last January, I can't believe we're almost there!!
:D :D

I can't believe it either!! We're flying down the night before, too --got the Amerisuites by the airport for $25 through Priceline. I had already gotten the DCL transfers, since it was the cheapest option for the 2 of us, plus I think it'll be lots of fun. Coming from Houston, I'm not worried about the weather, but after all the many MANY problems just getting to and from WDW this past weekend, I am now definitely glad I'm going the night before!!

I am also sooooo looking forward to some "stolen moments" at the adult pool, and even some spa time if I can swing the $$. I adore my son, but he is with me 24/7... I'm not even going to know what to do with myself, with time to myself!! LOL!!

-gina-

Originally posted by ssclbc
Gina, I can't believe you used to live in Walnut Bend...my husband lived there for several years before we got married and moved in close to the Medical Center. He was on Overbrook from about 1989-93. I lived in Houston from 91-96 while I did my residency at Baylor College of Medicine. I really miss it sometimes, especially all the great restaurants.

That is so bizarre!! We lived on Cranbrook from '66 until around '87. What a trip!! Baylor Coll. of Med. is a great school. I wouldn't know about the restaurants, because I'm happiest at McDonald's. You will not be seeing me at Palo, that's for sure! :D

-gina-

We're leaving a day early too, staying at the Radisson. Really splurging on this trip I must say, because we've not traveled much as a family all these years (I took my girls to WDW one year) but DH never liked to travel til we took a DCL cruise a year ago last August (he was hooked!!). So we figured we'll take a GREAT VACATION once before the kids are grown.

Gina, don't miss Palo!! It is such a highlight. At least maybe think about doing the brunch or something. We only had the Palo dinner before (was the 3 day cruise) and it was so wonderful. Come along with us for the brunch and we'll get squiffy on champagne!!

And don't worry about getting a floatie at CC. I don't think they run out of those too often. Hope I'm not wrong though, but when we went before there were plenty of floats.

Just got bad news today (on top of needing a new/used car as one of our cars is fizzing out). Our airline is cancelling flights, so need to find new air transporation!!! I am not panicked (yet)since we still have some time left, but ..... we'll get there if I have to drive, or walk!!!

That stinks about your airline!!! What are you going to do??

I hadn't thought about brunch at Palo... hmmm... "squiffy," eh? ;) I think that will be my new word for the week. ;) Do you have any idea when you're going to do the brunch? Would it really be okay if I tagged along?

I went ahead and reserved the float, since it was just so easy to call and do it. Then theyjust charge it to the stateroom at the end of the cruise. Works for me! I also reserved the St. Thomas Island tour -- it sounds just about right for what I wanted to see and how long I wanted to be off the ship.

Okay, so which one of you 2/2-ers is also bringing their pins?? :D

-gina-

Gina,
Glad to hear you're coming in the day before. I know the weather is not usually a big deal, but my sister got stuck once in Houston (due to thunderstorms in the winter) the day before her wedding which was to take place on a cruise ship sailing out of Florida. (seems like my whole family is cruise addicted, doesn't it?).

Oh, please go to Palo at least once....If you don't want to go alone, maybe we can all get together for brunch or tea... a group brunch? Group Tea?(at least the girls!!)

Northsouth,
So sorry to hear about your flights! I assume you're on SunCountry. I've used them so many times out of DFW to Cancun, they're great ( if they're flying).

Oh, I'm getting more excited all the time....now I've found some friends on the DIS boards!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by ssclbc
Gina,
Glad to hear you're coming in the day before. I know the weather is not usually a big deal, but my sister got stuck once in Houston (due to thunderstorms in the winter) the day before her wedding which was to take place on a cruise ship sailing out of Florida. (seems like my whole family is cruise addicted, doesn't it?).

I have a mighty strong feeling that I am going to be in that addicted category very soon. :) And yeah, we do get some humdinger thunderstorms in the winter -- have some fixing to pop tonight, in fact. But the weather was nice and clear this past weekend -- it was the plane breaking, the flight crew not showing up, my suitcase getting lost, that messed us up so much last weekend. What a nightmare!! I hope February is better. The airlines don't have my vote of confidence right now.

Oh, please go to Palo at least once....If you don't want to go alone, maybe we can all get together for brunch or tea... a group brunch? Group Tea?(at least the girls!!)

That would be fun!! Any other takers??

Oh, I'm getting more excited all the time....now I've found some friends on the DIS boards!

I feel just the same way! I am already just bouncing off the walls!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

This is all so new and exciting to me... I have never, ever been anywhere like the Caribbean, or taken a cruise, or anything. I am SO excited. :D :D And having DIS friends along just makes it even better!!! :)

-gina-

I think it would be fun to do a DIS brunch at Palo, if they'll let us all have ressies together, that's probably the only catch. I'm hoping our cruise won't be totally packed like some are, and maybe we'll luck out on the ressies and the crowds. Gina, I knew you'd like that word squiffy!! It sounds just like a "champagne word" doesn't it?? and yes, please join us, we should have a brunch meet if they'll let us, if not, Gina, you just come along with us. I vote for Monday, but Sunday is OK too. I've just heard don't do the brunch on Thursday coz it's seafood night and then you have seafood twice. Does anyone know the hours for the brunch (11am-2pm maybe??) the time of day doesn't matter too much to me, but for those of you with kids in Oceaneers it might matter.

Yes, I'm on Suncountry, or should I say not on suncountry. I don't know what to do, rebook on my own, or wait for suncountry to do something for me (like never, can't even reach them). just clueless, I'll have to keep listening to the news, at least being in Minnesota it's all over the news.

I have some dizpins but not a lot. I'm not really a trader, just have bought a few that I liked (like Starlight Mickey on Ebay) and I have my castaway club pins from last time. Not too much. Got a couple from the Disney Store like Cinderella and a Mickey and Minnie 1933 or something, I love art deco type stuff. They're in their formalwear and it's a black and white pin. I love it. Oh, and I have a Captain Hans from Ebay that I liked. And I like Tinkerbell and Disney princesses. Just a few odds and ends. What do serious pin traders look for??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter