Anyone else flippin' excited about the Oscars???

Oh, now that I'm on a roll, I forgot Wall-E:rolleyes1 Worst kids' movie I've seen in years, had to leave before it was over.

I guess those who didn't know that "they still do the Oscars" don't read any kind of Entertainment magazines :p Meh... to each their own.

Visual Effects: The Dark Knight

Animated: Wall-E

Best Song: Jai Ho'

Director: Danny Boyle

Adapted Screenplay: Slumdog

Original Screenplay: Milk

Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz

Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger

Lead Actress: Kate Winslet

Lead Actor: Mickey Rourke

Best Picture: Slumdog

I agree with all of your picks. It looks like Penelope Cruz will win, that was one I wasn't sure of.

Oh, now that I'm on a roll, I forgot Wall-E:rolleyes1 Worst kids' movie I've seen in years, had to leave before it was over.

We rented it and it bored me. I got lost and just kind of ignored it.

I didn't realize people got so excited about the Oscars. I don't really watch any celebrity award shows. I do like to see what everyone wore though.

I too, am excited mostly for HJ....he can sing and dance, I am hoping they incorporate a little of that into tonight. While commediennes are fun as Host's, I am very happy that another style actor will be enjoyed tonight.
I wishtoo, the Gran Torino and Dark Knight were on the list, but oh well, it's lighthearted fun.

I'll watch with ya!

Great! This will be way more fun than sitting here watching it with my cat. She's not all that interested. :cat:

Glad to see that others felt the same as me. It was horrible. I feel asleep in the theater. Thank goodness we waited for the cheap theater.

Aw I loved Wall-E. Just yesterday I bought some Wall-E jibbitz to put on my crocs for my next trip to WDW. Yes, I'm in my late 20's :rolleyes:

OK here are my picks for tonight:

Visual Effects: The Dark Knight

Animated: Wall-E

Best Song: Down to Earth

Director: Danny Boyle

Adapted Screenplay: Slumdog Millionaire

Original Screenplay: Milk

Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz

Supporting Actor: Josh Brolin

Lead Actress: Kate Winslet

Lead Actor: Brad Pitt

Documentary: Man On Wire

Cinematography Slumdog Millionaire

Best Picture: Milk

Does anyone know if the red carpet broadcast before the Oscars is live or not?

I plan to watch. I like Benjamin Button but I don't expect it to win anything. DS is all about the Wrestler and maybe Mickey Rourke has a shot. I wish that the Dark Knight would have been nominated for best movie though.

Goodness, I'm rambling. ;)

I hope they do something funny like last year when Will Ferrell & Jack Black sang that song together about people who give boring acceptance speeches :laughing:

I plan to watch. I like Benjamin Button but I don't expect it to win anything. DS is all about the Wrestler and maybe Mickey Rourke has a shot. I wish that the Dark Knight would have been nominated for best movie though.

Goodness, I'm rambling. ;)

If you ramble on too long, the orchestra will start playing!

I was watching the red carpet thing cause I like to see the dresses. Joey Fatone & Rinna (sp?) interviewed Mickey Rooney (yes he's still around & 88 years old) & his wife. Just after that, the other host whose name I don't know is talking with Forest Whitaker's wife & he says "Mickey Rourke, what a Hollywood legend, wonderful actor" & on & on.

Ok, so Mickey Rourke hasn't aged well, they have the same first name, both last names begin with R, even the same number of letters but still...

Well either the opening number was awesome or I am really high on sinus meds......either way, I thought it was hysterical.

I thought Wall E was horrible! I bought the stupid DVD too.

I thought Hugh Jackman's opening was great. I haven't seen a good one in quite a while. No one can top Billy Crystal though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter