Anyone book Slinky Dog FP+ at 60+5 in AM?

I'm not real happy about our 2:00 SDD mostly because I'm worried about rain putting a wrinkle in those plans. If we get a replacement FP+ for it, I'm not even sure if we'll be able to come back to ride it. This day is a 7:00 AM RD day for us, so I was hoping we'd be out of the parks by 1:00 for a rest at the resort.

I have been reading some of the CM reviews, and they have said it closed briefly for lightning, but was running in light rain. I don't know what their criteria will be for shutting it down due to weather, but it sounds like at least some rain is OK if you don't mind getting damp.

I went with a 1:00-2:00 window for SDD because the people joining me have no desire to be there at rope drop. They would skip the ride before they would get up early! So I thought about weather as well - but we don't have any other FP planned between that and a 5pm ADR, so we would be able to be flexible if weather messed with the window. I got Alien Saucers late afternoon, just before dinner, hoping we can go to another park that day, and end our day at DHS. There were earlier times for both rides though, if I had wanted them.

Another 60+5 without a problem. We can do 60+10 and have managed every major ride at least once.

HS is going to be a half day for us. And we are doing the Halloween party at night. Unfortunately it’s our third day. Here’s hoping we can find something in the morning. Bleh.

I managed 60+4, also going end of august for 2 weeks. We are a party of 9 and have a 2:30 slot but there were a few slots available then so didnt seem much of a problem.

Tuesday (6/19) was my FP+ day and the first thing I went for was Slinky Dog on day 60 +5 - earliest was 12:45 and luckily that worked out perfectly for us. Went back and got FOP on day 60+2 (evening) and then finished up the rest of our days, 5 total. Didn't try for 7dmt or FEA this trip, got everything we wanted at roughly the times we wanted.

I'm nervous about being able to get a FP for it in Oct. This will be a short trip since we just returned, and we are checking in on a Tues, which is so random for us.

HS is going to be a half day for us. And we are doing the Halloween party at night. Unfortunately it’s our third day. Here’s hoping we can find something in the morning. Bleh.
And ugh. Earliest was 5 pm. We are doing the Halloween party that night. I looked for two as well, as I probably won’t ride it, but no earlier times :(

FOP was also only in the evening for that day. I thought the last week of August was suppose to be lighter crowds? Haha.

We're arriving in 23 days ;)

I got it at 60+1 at 12:30 pm.

I booked as soon as the website opened. I got Avatar first, (60+5) then went to our DHS day for slinky.. .then went back for the rest of our FPs

I am just getting into planning a trip for September. What does it mean when you write at 60 + 4 or 60 + 4 etc..... Sorry but I am new to all this and learning how to book for fast passes.

My FP day was this morning and I got Slinky Dog at 60+3 and the earliest time available was 6 pm (I chose 7:40-8:40 pm because 6 interfered with our dinner ADR)

I got Flight of Passage at 60+4 in the afternoon. There are times available (as of now for Thurs 8/29) from 3 pm to park closing. No morning times -- and nothing before 3 pm when I tried at 7 am.

Edit: I wish I had tried for Slinky first ... I may have gotten a better time.

My FP day was this morning and I got Slinky Dog at 60+3 and the earliest time available was 6 pm (I chose 7:40-8:40 pm because 6 interfered with our dinner ADR)

I got Flight of Passage at 60+4 in the afternoon. There are times available (as of now for Thurs 8/29) from 3 pm to park closing. No morning times -- and nothing before 3 pm when I tried at 7 am.

Edit: I wish I had tried for Slinky first ... I may have gotten a better time.
I did slinky first today for Tuesday and the earliest was 5.

Good :)

I’m going to keep trying to modify it. We have Halloween party tickets that night.

We may try to rope drop. But that means missing Jedi training.

Good luck!

If I can't modify the time to 4:30-5:30, I'm just going to keep the time I have. But we'll be at HS all day and Jedi training and Star Tours is included with the guided tour. Normally we wouldn't do a tour, but it's a gift for our son who is turning 9 the week before our trip.

Good luck!

If I can't modify the time to 4:30-5:30, I'm just going to keep the time I have. But we'll be at HS all day and Jedi training and Star Tours is included with the guided tour. Normally we wouldn't do a tour, but it's a gift for our son who is turning 9 the week before our trip.
We did the tour last May! But it was like 1-8 or something then. My daughter said if she had to chose she would rope drop slinky. Since she’s already done Jedi. But she really wants to do Jedi again if possible. We shall see!

Hoping I can get an early time for Swirling Saucers. Slinky I’m not as worried about as I’m a solo traveler and planned to do it near the end of the day on one of my half HS days.

I am just getting into planning a trip for September. What does it mean when you write at 60 + 4 or 60 + 4 etc..... Sorry but I am new to all this and learning how to book for fast passes.

You can book 60 days out from your check in date, once that window opens you can book for the rest of the days you have a hotel room for. So your second day is 60+1, third day is 60+2 and so on. Those who have longer trips get the advantage of getting FPs farther into their trip than those who only go for a few days. Which is why most people recommend planning your park days for parks with hard to get FPs on days farther into your trip

My fast pass date is coming up on Monday and I’m really nervous about getting what I want. We are only there three days and our HS day is 60+2 and it’s in the morning! Our AK day is 60+3 but in the evening so I feel like I have a better chance of getting FOP.

Anybody know what it’s been like trying to book for September?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter