Any word on when Vero reopens?

• CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
    Hopefully there's not too much beach erosion, but I fear there will be a lot. Looking forward to seeing photos soon. We spent a few nights at VB a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

floridafam

DIS Veteran
    Just saw that all the beaches in the county are closed for erosion and structural assessment and they reopen tomorrow. Maybe my DH can get some pics near the resort after the beaches reopen.

floridafam

DIS Veteran
    We were incredibly lucky here in Sebastian. We lost power for a few hours and lost some tiny tree branches. That’s about it. We aren’t directly on the beach, though.

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
    We were incredibly lucky here in Sebastian. We lost power for a few hours and lost some tiny tree branches. That’s about it. We aren’t directly on the beach, though.
    That’s good news, as a veteran of multiple nasty hurricanes I’m happy to hear that!

Jim Disney

Walt, your my favorite uncle!!!
    We'll be hauling fresh virgin sand in from Fellsmere starting at 7 a.m. tomorrow morning. I was in a beach cottage at VBR when refilling & replanting took place. The equipment started at 7 a.m. sharp and got to filling in beaches. Looking forward to your hubbies pics. Thank you so much!!!

Jim Disney

Walt, your my favorite uncle!!!
    Are they really hauling sand in from Fellsmere? Hurricane season isn’t over yet.
    Yes most likely, it depends on how much damage was done. We'll also have to replant the buffer zones between the beach and building foundation zones with shrubbery/vegetation that have strong root systems to prevent erosion. Hopefully the damage is limited to just erosion on the beach and nothing structural !!!

floridafam

DIS Veteran
    The county has issued a precautionary no swim order for all the beaches in the county. I wonder if the resort will block access to the beach after they reopen.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS