Any word on when Vero reopens?

Hopefully there's not too much beach erosion, but I fear there will be a lot. Looking forward to seeing photos soon. We spent a few nights at VB a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

Just saw that all the beaches in the county are closed for erosion and structural assessment and they reopen tomorrow. Maybe my DH can get some pics near the resort after the beaches reopen.

We were incredibly lucky here in Sebastian. We lost power for a few hours and lost some tiny tree branches. That’s about it. We aren’t directly on the beach, though.

We were incredibly lucky here in Sebastian. We lost power for a few hours and lost some tiny tree branches. That’s about it. We aren’t directly on the beach, though.

That’s good news, as a veteran of multiple nasty hurricanes I’m happy to hear that!

We'll be hauling fresh virgin sand in from Fellsmere starting at 7 a.m. tomorrow morning. I was in a beach cottage at VBR when refilling & replanting took place. The equipment started at 7 a.m. sharp and got to filling in beaches. Looking forward to your hubbies pics. Thank you so much!!!

Are they really hauling sand in from Fellsmere? Hurricane season isn’t over yet.
Yes most likely, it depends on how much damage was done. We'll also have to replant the buffer zones between the beach and building foundation zones with shrubbery/vegetation that have strong root systems to prevent erosion. Hopefully the damage is limited to just erosion on the beach and nothing structural !!!

The county has issued a precautionary no swim order for all the beaches in the county. I wonder if the resort will block access to the beach after they reopen.

At Vero now. The beach looks pretty good.

Attachments

• C573A784-59BB-42BC-A04D-04B8328C4899.jpeg
    C573A784-59BB-42BC-A04D-04B8328C4899.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 26

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!