Any Single Disney Men Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it would be way fun if the Disney cruise lines had a singles week where you could bring your kids. I looked for that when I was booking and was actually quite shocked they didn't have one, especially since every other group known to man has at least a weekend geared to them at Disney. Maybe next trip ...

mickeysbestfriend said:
The biggest challenge is getting people there all at the same time. for people who already have resies it's just a matter of syncing up a meet and greet. Those without resies can make plans to be there at the same time. To have a singles gathering or gatherings will take a bit more planning and more time but would be so worth the effort.

What's the lowest number you would be happy with?

Actually, if we got even 5 people together, it would be fun! I just did a solo trip and I met up with another DISer. It was a total blast. Even if it turned out to be just girls, I would be up for that as well.

I am fairly open on timing, but I would prefer if we keep it to value season...

mdhkitten said:
At some point, once enough people reply, we should have a singles get together at WDW! Wouldn't that be fun?? :teeth:

I'd probably be down for that. I'm quite a shy guy when it comes to things like that, but who wouldn't take advantage of an event where they could meet so many people with the same love for Disney. Heck, I may never want to leave. All those single and available Disney Princesses. ;)

Hi,

Good Thread -

Im 23,single & love Disney Theme Parks & all things Disney - I also like Universal Studios & Sea World & the US as a whole is just amazing.I was there last year too.I am a bit far away,only in Ireland !! but cannot find a single Disney princess Yet !! - heres hoping that may change some day !!

Definitely confident of being in WDW some time this year,also a short trip to Disneyland Resort Paris will be made.Would meet up with fellow Disers !!

:smooth: :smooth:

That would be great to have a singles meet. Here is my info...

I'm 36, female, never married, and I love Disney. I have only been to WDW once before (last year for only 2 days), but I have fallen hard. As a kid, we used to go to Disneyland quite a bit, so I have been there about 6 or 7 times. I think once the magic hits you as a kid, you never quite lose that feeling.

The worst thing for me is that I can't seem to find anyone who shares the magic that I feel for Disney. I even have to beg and plead to find friends who will go with me, and it just isn't as fun going with someone who is only going because they were talked into it. I am not comfortable with going solo (I don't think I could have much fun being alone), but I sure would like to be able to go with someone else that gets it.

I did talk a friend into going with me September 23 - 30th. Will anyone else be able to be there then?

Slapwhitey - That cracks me up that you are an "American born on the wrong side of the border". My friends all think I am a Canadian born and raised on the wrong side of the border. My favorite sport is hockey, and most of my favorite music groups are Canadian (the Barenaked Ladies RULE!).

[/QUOTE]Slapwhitey - That cracks me up that you are an "American born on the wrong side of the border". My friends all think I am a Canadian born and raised on the wrong side of the border. My favorite sport is hockey, and most of my favorite music groups are Canadian (the Barenaked Ladies RULE!).[/QUOTE]

Shagley.... I love BNL. If you tell me you like The Tragically Hip I'm officially proposing. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't know why they quotes didn't work. :confused3

Cheshire Figment, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! You're in my thoughts and prayers! :angel:

Michelle

slapwhitey said:
Shagley.... I love BNL. If you tell me you like The Tragically Hip I'm officially proposing. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't really know much of The Tragically Hip, but I will check them out. I will admit to seeing BNL 18 times in concert :teeth:.

ok, I have to jump in on this one. Especially if it means meeting other people with the same love of disney as myself :love: . I am 24 F who grew up in the town of the tragically hip. BNL also rule :banana: . I am soon to be moving to florida just to spend more time with the mouse. Anyone going to DW in May? :cool1:

Posted this trying to track when people might go.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=11762196#post11762196

The pattern seems to be...
January for Marathoners & MLK, May for F & G and Memorial Day...and possibly a lead-in to gaydays, September...for reasons that really escape me except its cheap, roasting and hurricane season, October for MNSSHP and F & W, December for Mousefest and Christmas.

Anyhooooo.... I'm a 6.5 on the Mickeysbestfriend scale and female, 47. Not too worried about finding a Disney guy...my guy has got to tolerate my interest in volleyball, tennis and skiing followed by disney. I'm lousy at all of them but boy do I love playing.

Count me in too :) I'm a 36 year old female who loves meeting people at WDW. For about the last year I've lived about 45 minutes from Disneyworld :) and am up for a meet any weekend there are people in the area :)

On the scale posted earlier, I'm probably a 9 or 9.5 -- I can get to the first step of that 12 step addiction program, but I'm really unwilling to actually do anything about it :)

Prairiegekko, I'm going to WDW sometime in May, but I haven't figured out exact dates yet. When will you be there? I'll be going with my mom and 21 month old daughter, so I would love someone else to do some rides with! :teeth:

Oh, and I see that it's your birthday! That's why I'm taking my little girl! Maybe we should have a joint celebration!

I believe I rate a 10 on the Disney scale!!! I'm pathetic, even listening to mouseworldradio on live365.com when I'm not there!! :teeth:

taswira said:
Wow! Me too! We may have even been in school together as little kids! I'm not single but usually solo since my DH lives 2800 miles away. I'm always interested in meeting other Disney addicts for hanging out at WDW. :wave:

But it's true - Solo or single women at Disney seem to outnumber the men many times over. :worried:

taswira, I seem to remember knowing your name from a few years ago, but if I did, I've forgotten. You sent me a link to your MagicalDisney Boardnation Community. I still have that link but never contributed to the board, so sorry. Where did you go to school?

You were instrumental in getting some threads stickied here. Maybe this Disney dating thing could also qualify. It doesn't seem to need it, but it could slow down.

To the woman from Cleveland: I just recently moved away, but I'm still a Browns and Cavs fan!

I'm not as active on the boards as I used to be. My solo WDW vacation in 2003 pretty much satisfied my Disney-need. Going with someone would be much better, and it could be fun to meet for a meal. For me it's all about nostalgia and seeing what's new. I'd be in favor of having a regular singles meet at WDW every few months so a lot of people could plan on being there when others will be.

mdhkitten said:
Prairiegekko, I'm going to WDW sometime in May, but I haven't figured out exact dates yet. When will you be there? I'll be going with my mom and 21 month old daughter, so I would love someone else to do some rides with! :teeth:

Oh, and I see that it's your birthday! That's why I'm taking my little girl! Maybe we should have a joint celebration!

I would love to have the company and meet new people. Wish your dd a happy birthday as well party: ! I will be there May 7-16 at Pop! I can't wait. Please feel free to pm me. I already have my lime green mickey from the home depot!! Anyone else interested?!!

:smickey:

OK, yes single DisGuys do exist. Here is a 45 year old one in Central CT. Maybe I will fly down for the meet if one is organized. And like a couple of other posters I am also DVC member over at Old Key West.

A Disney Princess checking in, looking for her Disney Prince!

I am a huge Disney fan, I love everything about it and so far I vist the parks once a year( I would love to go more than that though, when I find my Disney Prince)! In fact I just started taking Guitar lessons and I am learning to play a bunch of Disney songs!!! I have been a Disney fan since I was a baby, I am now 26. I live in Minnesota right now, but come this Aug. I will be moving to South Dakota. And I am willing to travel to find my Disney guy! Please send me a pm, if you want to get to know me more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter