• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Clean CT Scan

Congratulations to you! I'm a 8.5 year survivor of breast cancer, so I know how you feel about getting a good report. I agree with what you said about going to the doctor. The best chance anyone has to beat cancer is when it is caught early.

yeah Kim- what great news!!!! wishing you all the best! and how great is it to have an oncologist that is truly on your team, disney and all!:thumbsup2

Awesome news Kim! I am so happy for you. Both my grandparents on my mom's side are colon cancer survivors, so we are very dilligent about that in our family. What wonderful news!!

Becky

I'm very happy for you Kim; what terrific news!

So happy for you! We are counting the months - DH is 5 years remission now - until we can life insurance. So another piece of advice to add to your -- if you are thinking of getting life insurance, get it NOW. Don't wait! We have to wait until he's been clear for 7 years and many life changes can happen in 7 years :) I'm so glad to hear you got good news Kim - can't wait for your 7 year mark!

Congratulations on your good news. I am coming up on my three year mark for thyroid cancer and always get a little ansy before my appt. It is such a relief to know that another year has passed by and that things are fine. Again, congratulations.

Thank you everyone. I wanted to share the good news with my friends.

I really lucked out with very caring and skilled professionals all along the way. And my surgeon was so good looking :thumbsup2 .

I also lucked out having excellent health insurance. I haven't seen a single bill associated with my care. I also have life insurance from my company. I am single and not a parent, so I only need the insurance for covering my bills and my funeral so I am lucky in that as well.

Thank you again to everyone.

Kim

I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am sitting here crying. I just had my 5th session with Chemo yesterday for Colon Cancer. I have really good doctors and a great supportive family. I am crying because for the first time in a long time, I think I might be ok. That I can beat this thing.

I spent the summer in the hospital because of the cancer and a couple other problems. I had an appointment with the doctor that morning but was in such pain I went during the night. That was when they found the cancer trying to fix the other problems. I was very lucky.

I also agree, do the check-ups. My situation was a little different but I have to admit that had I not had the pain from the other problems, I would have put the check-up off. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!! We need everyone we love with us as long as possible!

Right now I am planning the Disney Trip that my granddaughters were supposed to take last summer for the first week in September this year. I have decided to do what it takes for me to be well enough to be with my granddaughters!!!!

Thank you all. Thank you to the original poster. You gave me courage to come to grips with this! THANK YOU!!!!

I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am sitting here crying. I just had my 5th session with Chemo yesterday for Colon Cancer. I have really good doctors and a great supportive family. I am crying because for the first time in a long time, I think I might be ok. That I can beat this thing.

I spent the summer in the hospital because of the cancer and a couple other problems. I had an appointment with the doctor that morning but was in such pain I went during the night. That was when they found the cancer trying to fix the other problems. I was very lucky.

I also agree, do the check-ups. My situation was a little different but I have to admit that had I not had the pain from the other problems, I would have put the check-up off. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!! We need everyone we love with us as long as possible!

Right now I am planning the Disney Trip that my granddaughters were supposed to take last summer for the first week in September this year. I have decided to do what it takes for me to be well enough to be with my granddaughters!!!!

Thank you all. Thank you to the original poster. You gave me courage to come to grips with this! THANK YOU!!!!

Hugs and prayers to you.:grouphug: You CAN beat this!

I'm so glad that the CT was good.....

:flower3:

Great news Kim!!!

Aren't those rides on that little table so much great fun. :scared:

You can beat this! I will be praying for you also.:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter