• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Clean CT Scan

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
My semi annual CT came back clean. I saw my oncologist this afternoon. He said if my next CT comes back fine, I can got to annual CTs. Right now I am at 2 years 8 months cancer free. Each year without a recurrence the odds drop. Actually most recurrences of colo-rectal cancer happen in the first couple of year he said. When I hit 7 years cancer free, my chance of a recurrence drops to the general population statistics for the cancer.

I always get his last appointment of the day. That way we can talk about our past Disney trips or the upcoming trips. His wife converted him. I helped. He is going again at the end of May. He thinks he is staying at BCV. There will be 8 of them. Both sets of grandparents. I encouraged him to take his wife to Yachtsman Steakhouse since they have built in babysitters.

Just a little PSA. If your body starts acting differently for more that a week or so, please go see your doctor. I waited. If I had waited longer, I might not have made so many wonderfully wacky friends. Or become the Disney geek...I mean aficionado I am today.

Kim

Congratulations. I am happy for you!!!!:)

Last Monday my dd (2) had her 6 month CAT scan and it came back clear as well. She is 18 months past chemo. I know the anxiety before, during, and after the scan. Waiting next to the phone for the results is even worse. I hope you the best! And good luck!!

Tim

That's great news, Kim!! Especially just before FUN ON A BOAT!....

:beach:

That's super news Kim. Congratulation & best of luck going forward. :cool1:

Kim, you just keep hitting 'em out of the park! Congratulations!

Congratulations. I go for my biopsy for my two-year breast cancer surgery in three short weeks. I'm hoping for good news again!

COngratulations! That is wonderful news! :drinking1 here is to many more clean scans and many years of health and happiness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter