• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Bus wreck...

I about fell out of my chair when I read the name of the driver. We were at Saratoga last summer and he was RAMPING curbs and speeding through the resort, so badly in fact that he took off when passengers were standing and they fell so my husband started yelling at him to slow down, he walked to the back of the bus and was arguing with my huband and others about how he has been driving a bus longer than we'd been alive, it got really ugly. THEN he ramped ANOTHER curb causing a little boy (this was a FULL bus) who was on his mom's lap to go careening into the window with his head, he was BAWLING. Several of us reported him. I am so sad to hear he has not only been involved in an accident but that Disney is still allowing this guy to drive.
WOW!
Lesley

Wow, I can't believe that you rode with him and I'm surprised he is still driving, if quite a few complaints were made about him. I'm just glad no one got hurt this time. I think disney transportation needs some pixie dust :wizard:

I posted this in another thread.. but requiring bus drivers to pass a driving test (with an examiner present IN the bus) every 2 years.. regardless of age ... should be something that's done in public transportation systems across North America.. Not only would this catch declines due to progressive aging that prevent further safe driving .. it would probably catch a host of other things that can pop up.

Just because I was safe to drive that bus 16 years ago.. doesn't mean I am today.. Regardless how old I am.

:)

K

I posted this in another thread.. but requiring bus drivers to pass a driving test (with an examiner present IN the bus) every 2 years.. regardless of age ... should be something that's done in public transportation systems across North America.. Not only would this catch declines due to progressive aging that prevent further safe driving .. it would probably catch a host of other things that can pop up.

Just because I was safe to drive that bus 16 years ago.. doesn't mean I am today.. Regardless how old I am.

K

I would agree with this in the UK too! There is nothing wrong with proving competency in a job requiring a heavy vehicle!

K

I would agree with this in the UK too! There is nothing wrong with proving competency in a job requiring a heavy vehicle!

I agree with both, though the major hold up I see and this would be with any company that has commercial vehicles, is money. It would cost not only to have someone test and retest the drivers, but also for someone to cover the driver(s) being (re)tested.
To me that would be a small price to pay to catch an issue early, but for a company that is on a shoe string budget to begin with could put them under.Disney would look at it as an unnecessary cost, due to the number of times that someone would be pulled from driving, vs money spent.If they did it, over time, the money allocated to it would decrease to the point that it would be ineffective.Then eventually done away with.Just like they have done with the Traditions classes, and bus training in general. Ive seen things Id rather not talk about in the bus department, to the point that I refuse to ride in a bus unless I absolutely have to. Id rather drive myself from park to park.Even then it would have to be a driver I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter