"Animal Kingdom is the Hottest Park"

For what it is worth. During our first trip to AK, we were talking about the heat to a CM and they said that on average AK was like 6 or 7 degrees hotter than the other parks.

That's complete nonsense. The difference between parks can't be more than (maybe) a single degree. If two areas that close together were 6 degrees different, without a significant corresponding change in altitude, there would be high winds and a storm front right there in between the two parks all the time.

Ditto for relative humidity. There isn't a significant difference between Animal Kingdom and any of the other three parks, because the controlling factor is the air over Orlando, not whether AK has more vegetation.

In any case, I have hopped between the parks on the same days, sometimes as many as three in one day. When it's hot out, they're ALL hot. When it's humid, they're ALL humid.

Practically speaking, Epcot might be a bit warmer in the afternoon and evening, because as the air temperature starts to drop, all that concrete is still radiating heat away. This happens with all the parks, since there is concrete in all of them. But there's significantly more concrete at Epcot, so it's possible that it's a degree or two warmer at night than the others.

However, as others have pointed out, there are a lot more air-conditioned 'stops' in Epcot than in AK for people to get a brief respite. Innoventions east and west, the Land, the Seas, various shops, indoor rides and movies around world showcase, etc. So people probably do feel hotter or sweat more at AK than Epcot, because they're not getting as much opportunity to cool off.

But considering the actual weather at the four parks, it isn't really much different.

David

If two areas that close together were 6 degrees different, without a significant corresponding change in altitude, there would be high winds and a storm front right there in between the two parks all the time.

You know, it does seem like that some times. Maybe all the hot air from the park guests adds to it? :rotfl:

Let's see... 1,500BTU per person (3000 if they speak) at MK on a high attendance day, and about 100 people including CM's at AK since "it's the most hated zoo no one goes to"... the melting of the polar ice cap at EE... throw in a large body of water like the seven seas lagoon for some fuel... let's look at a map... :eek:OMG Eisner created the perfect storm right over the weeding pavilion!:eek: I mean wedding.

This reminds me of the South Park water park episode.

For me WORLD SHOWCASE is absolutely the hottest/sunniest place to be. I'm not talking about places to catch some AC/shade- just getting from **here to **there. HOT!

Oh, that's why you didn't get the joke. Are you the one we run over, push into the water, push onto tracks, the one that we cross in front of, or cut off, or exclaim $14 DOLLARS to?

Don't answer, just know we pray for you.

To the valiant CM that sent me such a polite PM:
I would PM you back but you don't accept them. In my above post, I was referring to you not having to out your position so that you wouldn't publically identify yourself and get fired for your wonderful persona. I don't want to know where you work exactly, but maybe your boss does, and I respect that.

I was referring to how transport CM's have a great deal more problems since they have to deal with guests in their cars, on a lake, and around heavy machinery, which might be more lethal than just a regular CM. So yes, we do pray for all of you, because I personally can't tolerate many guests and can't imagine having to deal with them, or their bad driving, day in and day out. The only one assuming things here is you, so maybe you are an underpaid brainwashed moron, but those are your words and you identified yourself pretty well in that PM.

My line about you not getting the joke was dead on since, as I just said, you're in one of the difficult positions. I apologize for not having stated that clearly earlier. I can imagine it's hard to laugh after a hard day at work but if you're looking to vent, take that noise to the other board. If you're in the parks 5 days a week anyone can tell you work there. If you're this miserable though, it's time for a change in your life.

You still have my prayers, but maybe this time I'll add one for you to lighten up. Go have a magical day.

To all the forum members who have complained about CM's:
Normally I deride you for claiming that you've encountered nasty, rude, horrible CM's, as I have had nothing but positive experiences with them. I take it back, they do exist. However, eff them, they should not reflect on the general pool of great CM's that make that operation run incredibly 24/7/365.

My apologies.

To the valiant CM that sent me such a polite PM:
I would PM you back but you don't accept them. In my above post, I was referring to you not having to out your position so that you wouldn't publically identify yourself and get fired for your wonderful persona. I don't want to know where you work exactly, but maybe your boss does, and I respect that.

I was referring to how transport CM's have a great deal more problems since they have to deal with guests in their cars, on a lake, and around heavy machinery, which might be more lethal than just a regular CM. So yes, we do pray for all of you, because I personally can't tolerate many guests and can't imagine having to deal with them, or their bad driving, day in and day out. The only one assuming things here is you, so maybe you are an underpaid brainwashed moron, but those are your words and you identified yourself pretty well in that PM.

My line about you not getting the joke was dead on since, as I just said, you're in one of the difficult positions. I apologize for not having stated that clearly earlier. I can imagine it's hard to laugh after a hard day at work but if you're looking to vent, take that noise to the other board. If you're in the parks 5 days a week anyone can tell you work there. If you're this miserable though, it's time for a change in your life.

You still have my prayers, but maybe this time I'll add one for you to lighten up. Go have a magical day.

To all the forum members who have complained about CM's:
Normally I deride you for claiming that you've encountered nasty, rude, horrible CM's, as I have had nothing but positive experiences with them. I take it back, they do exist. However, eff them, they should not reflect on the general pool of great CM's that make that operation run incredibly 24/7/365.

My apologies.
Ugh. You just never know do you?

I agree, it's not the hottest for us either. DHS is way hotter to us as well. We go for 2 weeks each July, when it's 100 degrees, so we know hot. Plus, we come from the most humid part of Canada, and although it's humid @ AK, it's humid at all parks.

DHS has so much concrete, plus, there is no coverage around the hat, or in places such as Animation Courtyard. The sun just beats down right there!

Tiger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter