"Animal Kingdom is the Hottest Park"

fluffycow333

Mouseketeer
I never understand this. It the heat doesn't bother me at AK. For me, I think HS is the hottest park. What's wrong with me? :confused3

I'm one who thinks that AK is the hottest park but I think it's the closed in feeling and the vegetation and fewer places with A/C to escape to. The last time we went a few years ago DS and I were both miserable and we live in a very hot area.

That's not to say that DHS isn't hot too! We just know how to get out of the heat there and we've had trouble at AK.

Don't know... but I definitely think AK is the hottest park. It is one of our least favorite for that reason.

Even if DHS is hot... it is quick to get from one thing to another so I may not notice it as much.

We just got back on Aug 31st so it was very hot for our WDW visit and we didn't think AK was the hottest park at all. :confused3 We actually felt that it was the coolest due to all of the trees/shade/breezes that are afforded because of the vegetation.

Epcot seemed like the hottest because of the huge expanses of nothing - meaning it was just that shiny red concrete and very few trees for shade. But it still wasn't as bad as we had braced ourselves for. It was very hot but we were totally comfortable. :)

It's possible that maybe it's more humid at AK from all the vegetation and water?

I have actually been told by science people that AK is the hottest park due to the vegetation and the animals. I don't know how to say it nicely or correctly but it has to do with the nasty job of cleaning up after them. This produces extra heat!

I think DHS is the hottest park too. Especially when it's sunny--there is so much concrete for the sun to bounce off of.

I think it's more in peoples heads.

Oh this is supposed to be Africa, Africa is hot, so it must be hotter here than other parks on the same day.
Asia is hot so it must be hot there.

As for science proving it? What science? what proof? Has some done a scientific study of it? Doubt it.
I certainly don't believe the animals themselves create more heat to heat up the entire park. Especially when the live animals aren't even in most of the park.
More likely urban legend people believe.

Only logic I could buy is lack of places with A/C but I would think all the vegitation would cool the park more than HS where it's more concrete and sun.

I've always felt like AK was hotter than the other parks as well. And I thought it was due to the size of AK - it just feels more closed in and crowded than the other parks to me. But the heat rather fits in with the theme there, and I kind of wondered if they pumped in a little extra heat & humidity - lol. I do enjoy the shady path between Africa & Asia - that's where I go when I want to get out of the sun and the bonus is that we've seen a lot of characters there.

I would expect thick vegetation to block breezes if there are any. There are also less air conditioned areas to escape the heat for a bit.

Also, if I remember right plants release heat and moisture. I would think that you would get a bit of jungle effect in parts of Animal Kingdom.

I always find the no man's land between Future World and World Showcase to be the hottest place to walk in all WDW.

I'm either hot or not, there are no varying degrees. I bring a towel and a quick dry outfit to all of the parks. 4 parks, summertime = hot. Even when cool in Orlando, parks = hot. Rhino poop and cabbage patches don't matter, hot. Magic Hotdom, Ephot, Hottywood Studios, Animal Kinghot. When Disney tries to do cool and wintery scenes, my brain cries havoc because I see snowy stuff, but it's hot.

I'm either hot or not, there are no varying degrees. I bring a towel and a quick dry outfit to all of the parks. 4 parks, summertime = hot. Even when cool in Orlando, parks = hot. Rhino poop and cabbage patches don't matter, hot. Magic Hotdom, Ephot, Hottywood Studios, Animal Kinghot. When Disney tries to do cool and wintery scenes, my brain cries havoc because I see snowy stuff, but it's hot.

Lol - you are too funny, Pineapple!!:rotfl:

That is too funny, Pineapple Whip.

I found HS to be really hot. Like to the point that it bothered me and we were actually kind of miserable to be there. The other parks were hot too, but HS was relentlessly hot.

Have to disagree with everyone - for us EPCOT is the hotttest. That place has no shade. It is impossible to walk from the main enterance to WS on a hot sunny day without baking.

Maybe it is just when we go but we always complain about how hot it is there.

IMO

The more concrete there is, the hotter it is, at least in the afternoon/evening. That's why cities are almost always warmer throughout the year than surrounding rural areas.

Epcot has always felt like the hottest park to me.

David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter