"Animal Kingdom is the Hottest Park"

True that Epcot has a lot of pavement and feels very hot, but there are a lot of places to go inside and cool off. Not many places to cool off at AK (well there's the Nemo show and It's Fun to be a Bug, and lunch at Yak & Yeti (the TS) is always a nice respite.)

True that Epcot has a lot of pavement and feels very hot, but there are a lot of places to go inside and cool off. Not many places to cool off at AK (well there's the Nemo show and It's Fun to be a Bug, and lunch at Yak & Yeti (the TS) is always a nice respite.)

See I never feel hot at AK - I find the trails and everything pretty shady. I really don't care about the A/C it is comfort while walkign around that matters.

I don't find AK to be the hottest - as it is covered by trees, and a lot fo shady areas.

I find Epcot to be HOT!

To each their own of course and yes, it is a matter of perception. Now we just avoid AK when it's really hot in Florida and we're happier. YMMV.

Though it likely depends on when you go, IMO, AK is the hottest. My reason is simply due to the lack of places to jump into A/C. My last two trips were in June and August.

If you're there when it's 95, the shade doesn't help much - you really need the A/C. When you're there on an 80 degree day, AK could easily be the most comfortable park.

I'll throw a vote for AK. It's very humid in there. Never deters me though. Like my Dad used to say " It's all in your mind." Right! :sunny::faint:

Dumb question. Unless you're able to be at all the parks at the same time, how can you tell which one is hottest at any given time? I'm at all the parks 4 or 5 times a week and to me, they're all too hot in the summer.

Dumb question. Unless you're able to be at all the parks at the same time, how can you tell which one is hottest at any given time? I'm at all the parks 4 or 5 times a week and to me, they're all too hot in the summer.

:rotfl2: Wow, you're really working that AP :rotfl2:

we snuck down for 3 days end of July, same as time period as last year figuring it couldn't be any hotter.

we've had our share of 90 degree days in Pittsburgh and we had just done Miami & an eastern cruise in June, so we felt we were acclimated to the temperature...not:lmao:

the temps were the same the whole trip (had to be near 100), sun was shining:thumbsup2, and we were cheek to jowl most places which didn't help as to air circulation.

Epcot, in area between the worlds around the lake, wins hand's down as hotest! You could see the heat waves radiating from the pavement & we noticed back in hotel room that said pavement evidently melted/made bubbly in texture the bottom of my crocs where the tread was slightly worn down:eek:.

When we went to AK in Sept a couple of yrs ago, I started feeling sick from the heat/humidity & had to leave. I thought it was because you have to walk so freaking far between rides. Unlike in MK where you don't walk far at all before you can go inside another attraction.
Epcot WS was terrible in the heat too.
I had never heard that other people thought AK was the hottest park until I read it recently on the Disboards.
We're going next week. Humid Sept weather again. I'm curious to see how AK is this time.
I'm going to Epcot WS at night this time too.

Not me for AK being the hottest. We've always found it pleasant. I'll be in the minority here but we've ALWAYS been the most miserable at MK and HS.

I think Epcot is the worse. I almost passed out there a few years ago from the heat trying to push a stroller all the way around the showcase.

I think Epcot is the worse. I almost passed out there a few years ago from the heat trying to push a stroller all the way around the showcase.

For what it is worth. During our first trip to AK, we were talking about the heat to a CM and they said that on average AK was like 6 or 7 degrees hotter than the other parks. Again, don't know if this is true, but it sure felt like it that day.

No AP, transportation CM.

Oh, that's why you didn't get the joke. Are you the one we run over, push into the water, push onto tracks, the one that we cross in front of, or cut off, or exclaim $14 DOLLARS to?

Don't answer, just know we pray for you.

It all depends on what each person can tolerate. For us, dry heat is easier to deal with than humidity - it's like being locked in a sauna and having it cranked up.

I've driven all day (no A/C in the car) in WELL over 100 degree heatwave through death valley, CA and tolerated it better than high September humidity (80 to 90 degrees) in AK park. Actually, driving through death valley was SO dry we didn't even sweat. We had to keep stopping for water to keep hydrated and didn't need to use the bathroom either.

So, if you can't deal with the waves of heat from concrete, and direct sun beating down, one of the other parks may be worse for you. But if it's humidity without a breeze that wilts you, AK is definitely the winner in that category because of all the vegetation and the need to water it all.

It's the landscaping - there's more humidity, causing us to feel hotter. That's my take, anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter