• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amenity dispensers - which resorts have them already?

Mrs.Potts521

Earning My Ears
I know the resorts are rolling out dispensers for shampoo, conditioner, etc. instead of the tiny bottles. Which resorts already have these installed? It's my understanding that eventually Disney will be switching and having these in all the resorts, but I imagine it's taking a little time to switch them all over. I for one am excited. I have thick hair and always go through conditioner especially fast. It'll be nice not to have to ask a hundred times for more.

At least, POFQ and CBR definitely have them.

Don't forget that, any resorts you're staying at, you can always call Housekeeping using your room's phone and ask for more toiletries. If it does make your life easier, do not hesitate to ask for 4-5 more conditioner bottles, they'll be happy to help! You might also ask at the front-desk when you check in, they sometimes have some stock ready for those who needs it.

I'm not a fan of them, but I usually bring my own shampoo and conditioner so I don't have to use the hotels.

Well, that's what they have now at many resorts, so good luck to you.

It's actually no problem for many to not use them, many folks bring their own. We had them, we covered them with a bag and we used our own toiletries.

To OP:

POP Century has them and they are putting them in the AllStar rooms as they are renovated.

Last edited:
from my understanding its Soap, Shampoo and Conditioner in the dispensers correct? Do you still get a bottle of lotion?

We were at Coronado earlier this week, and they had the dispensers. I was hoping since it’s a big convention resort that they’d keep using the travel size shampoo/ conditioner/ bath gel. Nope :(

We were at Coronado earlier this week, and they had the dispensers. I was hoping since it’s a big convention resort that they’d keep using the travel size shampoo/ conditioner/ bath gel. Nope :(
I think this change will drive more business to those of the offsite hotels that still have individual shampoos, etc. (No need to state that some offsite hotels have already gone to the dispensers, as I am aware of this.)

I think its a great idea. The less bottles in our land fill the better. I do prefer to take my own shampoo and conditioner wherever I go though.

I think this change will drive more business to those of the offsite hotels that still have individual shampoos, etc. (No need to state that some offsite hotels have already gone to the dispensers, as I am aware of this.)

I don't really see it driving a lot of business away. I think it's more likely that the people who are really against using these will just bring their own. There will be some, of course, but not enough to make Disney re-think the idea.

I wish they would be installed at AKL by the time I get there next month, but I'm not holding out hope on that front.

I don't think that's going to happen. So far the feedback from the after stay guest surveys are 81% positive, 14% neutral and 5% negative. And they've been getting extremely high approval from DVC members that stayed in the units that have them installed as a trial.

They were in All Star Sports in May. It was my understanding that they are already installed in most, if not all, of the values and moderates. We also stayed at the Poly on our trip in May and we had individual small toiletries there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter