Am I the only one that is unimpressed with SWGE - where is the juice?

No, not at all. I have a great sense of humor. It's all in the delivery. It wasn't done well.
at this point we all know you did not enjoy GE and whatever may happen in the future you will have very strong negative opinions on it, you are just predisposed that way.
I was also playing on my datapad and I also got the "datapad stormtrooper reaction" I just laughed it off. I'm assuming you were not here during SWW when the stormtroopers really got to shine with their sarcasm and we all loved and embraced it.

What now? A rope bridge? Umm...where?

We saw tons of kids playing with the app and the interactive droids, ships, panels, doors. Sorry your visit was a bust. And the Stormtroopers...well, what can I say...they ARE bad guys after all LOL!
In DLGal's defense she did say she was reaching :)

at this point we all know you did not enjoy GE and whatever may happen in the future you will have very strong negative opinions on it, you are just predisposed that way.

No, I'm not predisposed to hate everything about it in the future. Quite the opposite. I think it can be better. Much better. I want it to improve. It would be really sad if it just stays this way and Disney does nothing to address the numerous complaints and suggestions to make the experience better that people have shared online, and likely in surveys. As I said, I gave some feedback in a survey recently. I hope they continuously strive to make this land reach its full potential. I'll be waiting for that.

I swear, I'm not an eternal pessimist. However, this land has really disappointed me in a way nothing else at Disney has. As my husband said "you know Disney screwed up when even a fan like me isn't impressed." FWIW, he is not hard to impress when it comes to Star Wars. He buys into pretty much all of it.

What now? A rope bridge? Umm...where?

We saw tons of kids playing with the app and the interactive droids, ships, panels, doors.

You know, I heard the rope bridge mentioned on a Disney podcast this week. I was like "I didn't know there was a rope bridge there." I haven't actually seen it, I just took their word that it exists. In an attempt to find this elusive bridge, I did an image search and did find what LOOKS like a rope bridge, but it's just a walkway themed that way, so maybe just a misunderstanding. It does look like it's wrapped with either ropes or vines of some sort (fake ones), and it is a bridge in that it traverses an area where there appears to be plant life on both sides as well as under, along with some water. So, a "rope" bridge, perhaps.

And my point was, without a smartphone, kids can't play with anything in SWGE. Nothing is
hands-on interactive.

There was one year that they had an Anakin from Episode III that looked exactly like him, the lines were super long, then they switched to another one and that was so disappointing.

Tangent: Makes me think of the time I met Rapunzel at Trattoria and then at the After Hours Event. I think the After Hours one must've been her body double (like Amidala's😉).

...and most kids aren't running around with smartphones.
I've seen far too many kids in the parks with smartphones. An annoyingly high amount to be frank. Of all ages. Of course everyone's opinions and observations are different, but that's a pretty broad generalization that I don't believe is true in this day and age. Whether they would want to use the play app is another thing, but I've seen a great deal with phones.

As for the Stormtrooper interaction with the data pad, I'm quite jealous, I wish I had that interaction. That sounds really funny. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it.

You know, I heard the rope bridge mentioned on a Disney podcast this week. I was like "I didn't know there was a rope bridge there." I haven't actually seen it, I just took their word that it exists. In an attempt to find this elusive bridge, I did an image search and did find what LOOKS like a rope bridge, but it's just a walkway themed that way, so maybe just a misunderstanding. It does look like it's wrapped with either ropes or vines of some sort (fake ones), and it is a bridge in that it traverses an area where there appears to be plant life on both sides as well as under, along with some water. So, a "rope" bridge, perhaps.

And my point was, without a smartphone, kids can't play with anything in SWGE. Nothing is
hands-on interactive.
Have you actually been to Pandora?? LOL...
So in order to be interactive it has to be physically touchable/hands-on. Gotcha.

Guess Agent P Adventure, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, Pirate Quest Adventure are all off the table then. And the scavenger hunts at Epcot during the festivals.

Priceless.

For me, I'm actually relieved that none of the interactive elements in Galaxy's Edge require me to give a weird massage to a giant fart plant.

Last edited:
Have you actually been to Pandora?? LOL...
So in order to be interactive it has to be physically touchable.

Guess Agent P adventure, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, pirate Quest Adventure are all off the table then.

Priceless.

Yes, twice. Both times to ride FOP. I wasn't impressed enough to want to explore. It was too darn hot.

No, of course not. Tech enabled interaction is fine too. I just feel like buttons that you can actually press and they light up is way cooler than having to use a smartphone app to accomplish some flashing lights. Why couldn't it be both? Something everyone could do, regardless of their possession of a smart phone.

FWIW, I never cared for Agent P or Sorcerer's either. I found them distracting. To each his own. Do those even exist anymore? If not, that's pretty telling.

Yes, twice. Both times to ride FOP. I wasn't impressed enough to want to explore. It was too darn hot.

No, of course not. Tech enabled interaction is fine too. I just feel like buttons that you can actually press and they light up is way cooler than having to use a smartphone app to accomplish some flashing lights. Why couldn't it be both? Something everyone could do, regardless of their possession of a smart phone.

FWIW, I never cared for Agent P or Sorcerer's either. I found them distracting. To each his own. Do those even exist anymore? If not, that's pretty telling.
They all 3 still exist and people play with them often
As to the buttons and why they're not operational, simply because people break things, it's sad but true
Even inside the holding room of SR people have managed to break buttons from the chess table.

They both still exist. We did Agent P again earlier this September. It was, as it has been the many other times we've done it, a blast! And I've never seen an episode of Phineas and Ferb.

To your other point, buttons break. If there were things guests could press, eventually they would break and we all know how Disney is about fixing things like that.

So you only went to Pandora to ride FOP (which I agree is a terrible ride...makes me wharf), but never explored...yet it is somehow better than Galaxy's edge because of "interactive plants" (have you actually interacted with it...the giant fart plant?)....and because of of it's rope bridge (that doesn't exist). And light up buttons you can press are way cooler...like the ones you have to press on Smuggler's Run perhaps?

(did you know there are puzzles in the Play Disney Parks apps that you have to solve to make the interactions happen?). Totes boring.

Sorcerer’s exists; I think Agent P does too.
I love the land, characters in the land, SR, and datapad (though that needs improved), but do agree about the lack of physically interactive things. I was very disappointed to touch multiple panels and have nothing happen...was also disappointed the control stations in the SR queue don’t do anything and neither do any of the buttons/switches in the chess room. The fences everywhere are annoying too; can’t get a good picture, most wouldn’t actually exist if BSO was real, and it really limits the angles from which you can admire the ships. I like the fake doors. It makes the place look more real. Hogsmeade and Diagon both have windows/doors for shops that don’t actually exist too. There’s fake doors everywhere in theme parks.

I actually love Sorcerers. It's tough to get my hubs really into anything. Two things he loved at the MK? Sorcerers and the Tiki room. I already packed our extra cards for our next trip. Also planning on him having plenty of time to do the app in Galaxy's Edge. Maybe some people don't like those kinds of things but he's a quiet introvert and loves puzzles. I'm really happy that Disney is including stuff like that. I'd be all for something similar in Pandora. Maybe an app that could scan the signs about the various species and give you facts about them?

So last time I was in GE about 2 weeks ago, I think I made a post how they've done a better job with characters roaming, etc.

Well, was in GE yesterday and today with my parents to show them first time. Didn't see a single character once. Was very disappointing. We did a few laps just to see if we could find someone, but nope.

I think we need to stop ‘fighting’ over the point about Original vs New Trilogy content, that can’t ever happen now, and frankly it’s getting very tiresome. What is a good discussion point is what changes they could make to bring in some of the more hardcore fans that are either on the fence or angry about the setting.

Personally, I believe they need to max up the alien-ness of the planet, all we have are human cast members with their core phrases, and apart from Chewie, all the roving characters are also human. I was sold the land initially on there being aliens walking round interacting with the guests. Now we know that they cut the budget on that and also some concerns that they would clutter the land, but if we are led to believe the land is empty, that should not be an issue right? The cantina and DJ Rex will eventually get old and they need to look at having some kind of Cantina band inside, that is quintessential Star Wars, from Mos Eisley and Jabba’s Palace to Takodana in the new trilogy (Maz’s Castle for the uninitiated).

Also, just a note on the post about creating a Batuu ID badge upon entry... brilliant idea, but you know they will charge right? I mean how many of us now walk right past the newbies getting their photo done in Gringotts smirking to ourselves as we do?

I think we need to stop ‘fighting’ over the point about Original vs New Trilogy content, that can’t ever happen now, and frankly it’s getting very tiresome. What is a good discussion point is what changes they could make to bring in some of the more hardcore fans that are either on the fence or angry about the setting.

Personally, I believe they need to max up the alien-ness of the planet, all we have are human cast members with their core phrases, and apart from Chewie, all the roving characters are also human. I was sold the land initially on there being aliens walking round interacting with the guests. Now we know that they cut the budget on that and also some concerns that they would clutter the land, but if we are led to believe the land is empty, that should not be an issue right? The cantina and DJ Rex will eventually get old and they need to look at having some kind of Cantina band inside, that is quintessential Star Wars, from Mos Eisley and Jabba’s Palace to Takodana in the new trilogy (Maz’s Castle for the uninitiated).

Also, just a note on the post about creating a Batuu ID badge upon entry... brilliant idea, but you know they will charge right? I mean how many of us now walk right past the newbies getting their photo done in Gringotts smirking to ourselves as we do?
I like the idea of moving on from the arguments and into more constructive suggestions. In that spirit, if Bob Chapek came to everyone on this thread and asked for ONE thing he could do by Spring Break to enhance the experience in the land, what would each person say?

Everyone thinks that, but they can't all be right, can they?

;)

I'm confident about who I am and what my personality traits are. I don't need to prove myself to you. I know what funny is and when an attempt to be funny simply falls flat. All good comedians know that it's all about the delivery.

I like the idea of moving on from the arguments and into more constructive suggestions. In that spirit, if Bob Chapek came to everyone on this thread and asked for ONE thing he could do by Spring Break to enhance the experience in the land, what would each person say?

Just one?

I think the most important thing is the area music needs to be added. The argument about how "it's a real place and real towns don't have music" is weak. What about Main Street USA. It shouldn't have music either, by that definition, and can you imagine how boring and sterile it would be without it? So, music would be my one major addition that would make the experience much more enjoyable. Plus, I don't know about where you live, but every shopping center and outdoor mall here in my city in Orange County plays area music, so it IS what I expect when I'm in a place that resembles an outdoor market like space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter