Am I the only one that is unimpressed with SWGE - where is the juice?

.....two hours of beauty sleep [waiting to get a Boarding Pass] that I'll never get back....

enhance

enhance

I have been in the land. It's very different than the hours and hours of vlogs show. As a "old school" SW fan I'm disappointed that it isn't something familiar - like Mos Eisley for example - but I was impressed. But I can understand why you are not impressed. Even watching hours and hours of vlogs doesn't quite get the feel of the place. I felt exactly the same way before I walked into Pandora; not a fan of the movie, not impressed by all the videos I watched - very impressed when I finally walked into the place.
....having experienced both Avatarland and SW:GE, I prefer Avatarland over the latter. I've ridden FoP 4 times, Navi River twice, Smuggler's Run 3 times and RoTR once. I would NEVER wait longer than an hour for any of the SW rides, but I still get giddy over FoP.

....having experienced both Avatarland and SW:GE, I prefer Avatarland over the latter. I've ridden FoP 4 times, Navi River twice, Smuggler's Run 3 times and RoTR once. I would NEVER wait longer than an hour for any of the SW rides, but I still get giddy over FoP.
I agree. RotR is spectacular but I still prefer Pandora over Batuu - it feels like you are in the movie. Batuu wasn't in any movie so I feel like a stranger.

I agree. RotR is spectacular but I still prefer Pandora over Batuu - it feels like you are in the movie. Batuu wasn't in any movie so I feel like a stranger.

This was a no win situation for the Imagineers, but I for one think they made the smart choice. If they made it an actual place from the movies, the uber fans would nitpicked everything that wasn't movie accurate. Pandora definitely doesn't have that level of fandom so I don't see it as apples to apples.

I read a great article about how you need to treat Galaxy's Edge like a Renaissance fair. Go in as a character, and interact with the other characters as if its real, not as a tourist expected to be entertained. I totally get if its not your thing (I for one do not enjoy Renaissance fair's) but it isn't supposed to be the traditional theme park experience which to me is cool. To me it sucks that they had to already make accommodations for people that didn't want to play along by changing the names of food. So I guess back to my point, they weren't going to make everyone happy, but nothing ever does, so I'm just going to enjoy what we got.

I agree with you, LuigiSpice. They were never going to make everyone happy. I didn't want a Renaissance Fair type of experience. I wanted to visit a place I knew from the movies I love. So they didn't make this uber-fan happy. I wanted the same experience and feelings that my Harry Potter loving girlfriend got when she walked into Hogsmeade for the first time.

I know what they were going for - I shot promo videos and several dozen interviews with Imagineers leading up to the Disneyland opening - but even with that knowledge and understanding I am still unimpressed with SWGE.

I'm a little envious that you're liking it. I wish I was.

I read a great article about how you need to treat Galaxy's Edge like a Renaissance fair. Go in as a character, and interact with the other characters as if its real, not as a tourist expected to be entertained.

I give Disney a LOT of money each time I visit expecting to be entertained...
I want to like it, but I've been there & it just doesn't draw me back. I'd rather spend my time riding RNR & TOT.

I agree with you on the whole - they couldn't please everyone. I just wonder if they had any idea how polarizing their decisions would be.

They mismanaged the entire franchise - new movies and the park(s). They didn’t realize how strong the appeal was from the original trilogy of young and old alike. New movies should have had more original characters and less identity politics. New land should have been tattoine and we should have been treated to original storm troopers, Jabba the hut, a falcon owned by solo, and a trip to the Death Star instead of rotr. Huge missed opportunity. Huge

I give Disney a LOT of money each time I visit expecting to be entertained...
I want to like it, but I've been there & it just doesn't draw me back. I'd rather spend my time riding RNR & TOT.

I agree with you on the whole - they couldn't please everyone. I just wonder if they had any idea how polarizing their decisions would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter