Alright guys, I'm not sold on Happily Ever After...

............ I wanted to ask everyone else's opinion on the Happily Ever After show. We saw it three times this trip (one time from in front of Beast's Castle, twice from in front of Cinderella Castle) and to be quite honest....it is definitely not my favorite.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good show. The fireworks they are using are stunning, and the projection technology is very impressive. Good soundtrack, included a lot of my favorite movies, I definitely didn't NOT like the show.

But I was disappointed. When the show was over after our first viewing, I looked at my husband with a confused look on my face and said "Did I miss something? I feel like I missed something." There's just.....no point, I guess? There's no story being told, or overarching theme (that I was able to discern). It seemed like a sort of random mash-up of Disney movies, with no cohesive theme or even reasonable transitions between them. It felt like a Disney IP showcase, and don't get me wrong, I LOVE Disney movies and have no problem experiencing them. But when I think of Wishes, and I remember my first time seeing Wishes last March, I IMMEDIATELY understood it. It was telling me something, and it instantly resonated. I didn't need to ask, I got the overall point and message of the show. I suppose I expected the same from the new show, and I didn't personally get that.

Also, as impressive as the projections on the castle are, it was kind of difficult to watch both the fireworks and the projections at the same time. I constantly felt like I couldn't see everything because I couldn't look at that many things at once. I actually felt like my favorite viewing of it was from Beast's castle, because I was able to just watch the fireworks going off with the music and not have the distraction of the projections. Maybe I'm trying to say I think this show relies too heavily on the projection technology? I don't know, still processing everything. I will say that we finally got to catch Once Upon A Time this trip and I loved that. Loved watching everything happen on the Castle, and not feeling the need to look at anything else.
!
My DD and I saw it in September and had the exact response that you did!!!!!! We left feeling confused and like we missed something! And way too much to watch..... visual over-load!
Maybe Disney was trying too hard to cram too much into it! And the lack of a "story" left us very disappointed.
We are hoping that they either split it up.... change it... or that it doesn't last as long as Wishes. With the elimination of the Welcome show at the train station, no nighttime parade and now this taking the place of Wishes... we are so disappointed in the lack of true Disney "shows and stories" at MK. It made our MK visit kinda sad.

Really? You don't know the PP's son from Adam but you're going to just keep on stating broad opinions of him as if they're fact? And keep pigeon-holing people according to your rules?
Before calling teen boys "squirrels," she claimed the show must have been made "by people with ADHD, for people with ADHD." Classy!

Listen to 30 seconds of this and nothing in happily ever after can make you feel the feelings you do

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter