Alright guys, I'm not sold on Happily Ever After...

I agree with the OP. The transitions aren't good, the music choices are odd ("That's What Friends are For" is NOT a song about friendship!), there's too much going on at once, and I really don't like using non-movie versions of some songs (especially when the words are different, like "Go the Distance").

I haven't seen it yet but I was a HUGE Wishes fan.

My son just came back from Disney for his senior trip. He said HEA was amazing and beautiful and he liked it more than Wishes. Coming from an 18 year old boy I'm expecting it to be really really good. I can't wait to catch it myself.

I'm not a fan but I'm not a fan of most of the projection shows except ROL. I'm height challenged and both times I've tried to watch it either a big tall man would get in front of me at the last minute or a day put little Timmy on his shoulders and danced around the entire time. I liked the old show, I could grab a seat on the benches on the bridge to Tomorrowland right where Tink flew over and see everything happening.

I saw HEA last week for the first time up close and I loved it. I can't really compare to Wishes as I never had the opportunity to see it live and in person...so take my opinion for what it's worth...just an opinion. I was with my wife and son and really have to say at that moment in time there was nowhere else that I wanted to be.

I love Wishes and a big part of that is the soundtrack. So, in the last week, I have been listening to the HEA soundtrack, just the music, without the distraction of the projections and fireworks, and I must admit, it is actually a wonderful soundtrack. I have grown to absolutely love the music over the last week. I suspect the next time I see HEA, I will absolutely love it.

I like them both, but never felt it made sense to upgrade to HEA from wishes. Those dollars could have been better spent on wdw attractions that are in dire need of attention.

But in a nutshell for me, wishes had a better story and superior music. That made the experience better from a distance like the poly beach or the top of the contemporary.

However with the projection technology hea is a better experience from Main Street and is certainly more current and likely appeals more to kids and teens.

I haven't seen it yet but I was a HUGE Wishes fan.

My son just came back from Disney for his senior trip. He said HEA was amazing and beautiful and he liked it more than Wishes. Coming from an 18 year old boy I'm expecting it to be really really good. I can't wait to catch it myself.

18 year old boys are squirrels, and that what the show reminds me of - look here, there, over here, now this, up there, back here.

18 year old boys are squirrels, and that what the show reminds me of - look here, there, over here, now this, up there, back here.

Really? No he just honestly loved the show. He even listens to the soundtrack now that he’s home. Which is so funny coming from my Call of Duty, Fortnite playing, lebron James loving son. Lol He thinks it blows Wishes away and I’m a huge Wishes fan so I’m exited to see it in November.

It's ok if you don't like HEA but why the need to denigrate someone who does? I'm looking forward to seeing HEA when I go in December. Just from seeing videos of it, I already like it much more than Wishes. I'm a 49 year old woman...am I also going to be a squirrel?

I'm not a fan of HEA either. Saw it once from Main Street, once from the Contemporary viewing deck. Neither time thrilled me. I'm still a bit angry they replaced Wishes with something that is so sub-par imho.

Just curious if you have any sons?

I work with them 6 1/2 hours a day, 181 days of the year. I'd have to say the 14-16 year old range is more squirrelish, but attention spans are not what they used to be, IMO. Even Sesame Street as altered its format to go with the shorter attention span of newer generations.

When I logged onto the DIS and saw I had multiple alerts from this thread, I just laughed. Looking through the replies made me laugh even more - the outrage at comparing a teenaged boy to a squirrel, oh my! I guess you haven't seen them in a 90 minute class where they had to put their cellphones in an over the door shoe organizer. Heaven forbid they aren't done playing that round of whatever when class starts. Some of them have gotten kicked out of class because they can't disengage from the feedback they get from the quick stimulation.

Of course it's not just teenage boys - but the PP who listed the son's interests pretty much proved my point.

And the others who said they must be squirrels too? That's probably true. Some people are squirrelish from birth. Others may be more slothlike. I've met plenty of hyenas as well. Oh, and I'm leaning towards elephant for my husband ;)

Of course it's not just teenage boys - but the PP who listed the son's interests pretty much proved my point.

And the others who said they must be squirrels too? That's probably true. Some people are squirrelish from birth. Others may be more slothlike. I've met plenty of hyenas as well. Oh, and I'm leaning towards elephant for my husband ;)

Really? You don't know the PP's son from Adam but you're going to just keep on stating broad opinions of him as if they're fact? And keep pigeon-holing people according to your rules?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts