ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Kona Cafe is still serving their seasonal pumpkin pancakes? I have a breakfast ressie for next Tuesday and my heart is set on pumpkin pancakes. If they are no longer available, I need to prepare myself! LOL!

Today is our one year mark! In the last few months, I've learned that my DN15 will be able to join us. It will be a great time for her and our DD16. This will likely be the last big trip the girls will go on together before they are off to college and separate lives. We are so blessed to have this time with them and I am happy DH and I are able to treat them to a magical stay at the Poly! Looking forward to surprising her and DD, but that will have to wait until October.

How exciting! We took our DN14 with us to DL last year and we are so glad we did. They had a great time and still talk about that trip.

Can someone tell me if the 1 Bedroom Suite worth the HUGE price tag on the Club Level? I stayed in a Deluxe Queen room this year at the GF and it spoiled me in wanting more space when I'm staying Club Level, but their price tag for a Queen room wasnt that bad. Just wondering how the 1 Bedroom Suite was here at the Poly.....Penny for your thoughts? :)

I've only heard/read good things about the suites located in the Tonga Longhouse...

I believe there is a 1-bedroom (Princess) Suite located on each floor of Tonga, both overlooking the Marina with views of the lagoon and glimpses of the castle. According to the Tikiman, the first floor Princess Suite is now HA.

Tonga offers a small lounge with drinks, snacks, and limited offerings, as well as a dedicated concierge desk. The biggest turn off to us will always be the seperate longhouse location.

Just booked our vacation for next month. Staying at Poly for first time ever. Usually are at Wilderness Lodge.

Just booked our vacation for next month. Staying at Poly for first time ever. Usually are at Wilderness Lodge.

Please consider searching opinions & pix of others who have visited Poly recently. Went there last week and was shocked at the amount of construction. Honestly, as a long time Poly & WDW lover, I would hate for you to be surprised by this upon arrival. It may not bother you at all...BUT...Not sure it will be as magical an experience as you deserve. Don't mean to upset you, but if you were a friend, I'd advise the same thing.

Anyone know if staying on the ground floor of the buildings at Polynesian are noisy? Can you get outside from your room? Thanks for info!
We stayed ground level at Hawaii last month and it was not noisy or busy at all. In fact, it felt like our kids had the beach all to themselves most of the time. We could hear the nightly movie from our room, but our kids loved sitting outside to watch, so that didn't bother us.

Just booked our summer stay! Can't wait to be back!!

Curious - we check out on July 4th - do they do the 4th of July fireworks on the 3rd as well at MK? We'd love to watch them from the beach if they do!

Just booked our summer stay! Can't wait to be back!!

Curious - we check out on July 4th - do they do the 4th of July fireworks on the 3rd as well at MK? We'd love to watch them from the beach if they do!

Yes, they have the MK fireworks on the 3rd. We are planning on watching the fireworks in the MK on the 3rd and from the Poly beach on the 4th.

Yes, they have the MK fireworks on the 3rd. We are planning on watching the fireworks in the MK on the 3rd and from the Poly beach on the 4th.

Awesome! Thanks! Our cruise leaves on the 4th so we are excited that we will get to see those amazing fireworks on our last night at Poly! :banana:

Have a trip booked for Feb 2-6, first time at Poly, several times stayed at POP and other values. Wanted this to be special for DH 60th birthday, then saw about all this construction. Hoping the lobby area will be done by February, not interested in the pool that time of year. A lot of the comments don't seem to mind the construction going on. Can I have some more opinions from those recently there. Stay with Poly and the monorail experience or choose another hotel?

Can someone tell me if the 1 Bedroom Suite worth the HUGE price tag on the Club Level? I stayed in a Deluxe Queen room this year at the GF and it spoiled me in wanting more space when I'm staying Club Level, but their price tag for a Queen room wasnt that bad. Just wondering how the 1 Bedroom Suite was here at the Poly.....Penny for your thoughts? :)

We will be staying in the one bedroom suite in 27 days with a group of 5 because we need separate sleeping spaces, want the extra space the Poly offered vs. the WL Deluxe Room, like how Tonga was conveniently located by the lobby, and the food offerings in the Tonga building I have heard are almost the same. We were going to do either a Wilderness Lodge Deluxe Room or a one bedroom suite at the Poly...From my asking on the disboards and researching, there are only 6 suites in the Tonga building and the one bedroom suite is on the second floor with a marina/castle view. Someone on the DIS said that Tonga has the same breakfast offerings as the Hawaii building except that Oatmeal is in packages instead of the pot and the cereal is individually boxed. They said the evening appetizers were the same EXCEPT that only Hawaii had the two hot appetizer dishes. For us, the biggest disadvantage is that it is in a separate building from the Hawaii lounge offerings at night for the appetizers. I am no expert but this is just the information that I have found!

I found the view from the Princess suite on Tikiman's Facebook Page underneath "Posts to Page" from other people. I'm not sure if this link will bring you to the picture or not but someone posted it on his page on October 23.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154849740395145&set=o.116549335056416&type=1&theater

We will be staying in the one bedroom suite in 27 days with a group of 5 because we need separate sleeping spaces, want the extra space the Poly offered vs. the WL Deluxe Room, like how Tonga was conveniently located by the lobby, and the food offerings in the Tonga building I have heard are almost the same. We were going to do either a Wilderness Lodge Deluxe Room or a one bedroom suite at the Poly...From my asking on the disboards and researching, there are only 6 suites in the Tonga building and the one bedroom suite is on the second floor with a marina/castle view. Someone on the DIS said that Tonga has the same breakfast offerings as the Hawaii building except that Oatmeal is in packages instead of the pot and the cereal is individually boxed. They said the evening appetizers were the same EXCEPT that only Hawaii had the two hot appetizer dishes. For us, the biggest disadvantage is that it is in a separate building from the Hawaii lounge offerings at night for the appetizers. I am no expert but this is just the information that I have found!

I found the view from the Princess suite on Tikiman's Facebook Page underneath "Posts to Page" from other people. I'm not sure if this link will bring you to the picture or not but someone posted it on his page on October 23.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154849740395145&set=o.116549335056416&type=1&theater
Would love to hear about it when you get back!:goodvibes

Also this past year we ended up in the hospitality suite at cr which is located in the garden wing. When I explained to the lounge CM'S (main tower 12thfloor)I was picking up for my family they were very accommodating. So don't be afraid to run over to Hawaii and grab what you need.

We just returned from our stay at the POLY and our family had a great stay there. Yes, there was construction but I had requested our standard-view rooms be in FIJI - facing the beach and GF. They met ALL of my request, FIJI, 3rd floor (balcony), adjoining rooms with a GREAT view of the beach and GF (3303/3302). The room was spotless. I'm not a fan of the new bathroom renovation. I liked the old tiki light decor better. I guess because I LIKE the "retro" look of the POLY.

This was dgs 1st visit so we did the OHANA breakfast and it was great. Also, ate dinner there and it was great as always.

We aren't pool people so that really didn't bother our families plans. We were there mostly to experience Xmas at Disney since my kids had never been at this time.

The POLY is still a great hotel IMO and you really can't beat it when traveling with a toddler.

I agree! The pictures show very limited offerings but I have heard that there is plenty there.. It is very hard to find pictures of the lounge offerings in Tonga so I will be sure to follow up about what was there when we get home :)

Here's another link for the room that I found but I'm not sure if these were before renovation or not: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37694806&postcount=595

Here's a few pics from early 2013 which I think is the current decor!

ETA: uh oh...
http://**************.com/princess-suite-is-sweet/
Try subbing 'travel on a dream'

These are of a 2-bedroom Princess Suite, but I believe the layout is the same minus the King Bedroom?

:cloud9:

I think you guys will have a wonderful stay!

We just returned from our stay at the POLY and our family had a great stay there. The POLY is still a great hotel IMO.

Thanks for the update. We're going for our first stay at the Poly in August 2015. Last week, we did stop in on our trip to check the place out. The main/lobby area was very nice and it really had a nice smell to the place. I also had to stop and get a quick Dole Whip too. :goodvibes And the gift shop had one of the shirts that I was looking for too! :thumbsup2

...I had requested our standard-view rooms be in FIJI - facing the beach and GF. They met ALL of my request, FIJI, 3rd floor (balcony), adjoining rooms with a GREAT view of the beach and GF (3303/3302). The room was spotless. I'm not a fan of the new bathroom renovation. I liked the old tiki light decor better. I guess because I LIKE the "retro" look of the POLY...

Thanks so much for your review! Sounds like your DGS had a great first trip!

What were your thoughts on Fiji? I noticed you mentioned you had connecting rooms... did one of those happen to be a King?

Any 'issues' with the Luau crowd or noise? What about the small beach area? Over crowded during Wishes and the EWP?

I've requested 'Fiji, King' and just curious!

Thanks again for your report!

Returned a few weeks ago from our stay in the 2nd floor Princess suite. It is right next to the lounge. The lounge has been updated since the "Pinch of Pixie Dust" pictures were taken.
I don't have any pictures but along one wall were the food items and then another section with coffee/tea and a fridge kept stocked with juices, milk, yogurt. At night beer along with bottles of wine and the special "punch" were available. Big bowl of fruit out all the time.
I cannot say enough about how helpful the people at the concierge desk were. They made the vacation "magical" by helping with reservations, fast passes and assistance with a medical issue. Did check in on-line and when we arrived we went direct to the room, no stopping except at our concierge desk to activate our magic bands.

Our balcony stretched the entire length of the suite and a view of the castle & space mountain and the fireworks was nice to have. Plenty of seating in the living room area which also had a small bar sink. Near the door were 2 large closets and a Keurig with coffee cups and a fridge underneath. The fridge was stocked with sodas & water.

The bedroom had 2 queen beds, desk, bureau, chair with lamp and night table between beds with lamp. Lamp on desk. Cool lamps....

The huge bathroom was in 2 parts: First section a "vanity" type area with stool & large mirrored area. Next to it was double sink area. Second section, with door, the tub & toilet. In this area was a long bench. This is where we set up the ironing board. My mom thought the tub was slippery, a brand new bath mat was delivered to us! Nice large thick towels and H2O supplies (soaps, hair products & bath gel)

Received letter about the construction few weeks before we arrived and of course was aware thanks to you guys. Our business is construction so we well understand the need.
I can see how some folks might be upset, it's extensive....but it did not bother us at all.

We were welcome to visit Hawaii and our bands opened the door over there. If you wanted ANYTHING (food wise) from over there our concierge person would get if for you. They offered several times but we ate enough when we were out and didn't need anything more than what was already at Tonga.

Any questions I will try to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter