ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked the Poly for Feb 4-10 with the Play, Stay, and Dine offer and am so excited!! This will be our first stay at a monorail resort. It's going to be my kids' big Christmas present so I can't wait for Christmas. Now I just need to come up with a creative way to surprise them. Did I mention that I'm SO excited??

Kids ages are 7-12 and DH isn't joining us (we love Disney, oddly enough, he doesn't!). Any ideas on what building we should request? We would like to be near the lobby and transportation but would also like a decent view, preferably with no construction.

Will the Ceremonial House be done by then? Is that the main lobby building or something else?

Just booked the Poly for Feb 4-10 with the Play, Stay, and Dine offer and am so excited!! This will be our first stay at a monorail resort. It's going to be my kids' big Christmas present so I can't wait for Christmas. Now I just need to come up with a creative way to surprise them. Did I mention that I'm SO excited??

Kids ages are 7-12 and DH isn't joining us (we love Disney, oddly enough, he doesn't!). Any ideas on what building we should request? We would like to be near the lobby and transportation but would also like a decent view, preferably with no construction.

Will the Ceremonial House be done by then? Is that the main lobby building or something else?

I'm not sure when the Great Ceremonial House will be completed. I'd recommend reading Tikiman's site for the lasted news on the construction taking place at the Poly. The GCH is the main lobby building.

On our stay last August we requested Samoa and got a third floor room facing the quiet pool. I'm going to be honest, I don't think there is a bad building location at the Poly. I don't find the resort to be too spread out so it doesn't take long to get from one area of the resort to another.

In June we stayed in Tuvalu room 2404. It was lovely. The view was of the hotel grounds and a little of the beach. On luau nights we were able to hear some music, but it didn't bother us.

We just got home Sunday from our first stay at the Poly, we really enjoyed our stay and the construction didn't hinder our stay at all. We were in Rarotonga second floor facing quiet pool. We have booked our next stay at the Poly for next October, look forward to all the changes.

Just booked the Poly for Feb 4-10 with the Play, Stay, and Dine offer and am so excited!! This will be our first stay at a monorail resort. It's going to be my kids' big Christmas present so I can't wait for Christmas. Now I just need to come up with a creative way to surprise them. Did I mention that I'm SO excited?? Kids ages are 7-12 and DH isn't joining us (we love Disney, oddly enough, he doesn't!). Any ideas on what building we should request? We would like to be near the lobby and transportation but would also like a decent view, preferably with no construction. Will the Ceremonial House be done by then? Is that the main lobby building or something else?

We were in Rarotonga second floor facing quiet pool, could see the fireworks from our room, it's next to GCH close to transportation. It was quiet and convenient.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay :). Our favorite long house is Samoa as it's very convenient to everything (IMO). We had a view of the quiet pool, which was very nice. However, one side of Samoa overlooks the volcano pool, which is currently undergoing a refurb and will not be finished by February. As a pp said, the GCH is the main lobby with all of the restaurants, shopping, and monorail access. I haven't followed the progress of that refurb, so I'm not sure just when it's scheduled to be completed.

We just got home Sunday from our first stay at the Poly, we really enjoyed our stay and the construction didn't hinder our stay at all. We were in Rarotonga second floor facing quiet pool. We have booked our next stay at the Poly for next October, look forward to all the changes.

Glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed the Poly :).

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Next week will be the 365 day mark until my first Poly stay.

Hopefully those 365 days will go by quickly for you. Tomorrow is 365 days until I board the Disney Fantasy and it can't get here soon enough!

Hit my 60 day mark today! I stayed up to do all of my FPes and got everything I wanted. Now the wait...popcorn::

Officially subbing! Just booked our stay for Oct 31st to Nov 9th 2015!! Can't wait!! Trying to read back from the start of the thread, it's exhausting though! So I apologize if I ask something that has already been answered!

Booking today for our first Poly trip!! 10 nights in August 2015.

We've only ever stayed at POR or POFQ, and my husband was actually looking at a value resort for the next trip, so I'm way beyond excited. 268 days until Dole Whips every day and monorail rides to MK :)

Anyone know if staying on the ground floor of the buildings at Polynesian are noisy? Can you get outside from your room? Thanks for info!

Anyone know if staying on the ground floor of the buildings at Polynesian are noisy? Can you get outside from your room? Thanks for info!

We stayed on the ground floor in Fiji facing the marina but furthest from the lagoon. We could hear people talking at night as they walked by. Someone actually took the chairs from our patio to watch the fireworks.

However, I think it depends which building and which side. That part of the marina gets a lot of foot traffic. There's also the luau to think about.

EDIT: Fiji has patios with sliders on the ground floor. I have seen other buildings with them too, but I'm not sure if they all do,

Good morning. I'm here to say I will be cheating on my love AKL with the poly on December 23Rd, 2015. Please, hold judgements til after the trip. I've been singing that Hawaiin Christmas song on my head since we decided to take a Christmas trip. I love AKL, DH loves the poly. We've stayed before and had a great time. Nothing beats poly punch and wishes from the beach!!

Can someone tell me what time the EWP is at the Poly and which beach area is best to view it from? Thanks!

We stayed on the ground floor in Fiji facing the marina but furthest from the lagoon. We could hear people talking at night as they walked by. Someone actually took the chairs from our patio to watch the fireworks.

However, I think it depends which building and which side. That part of the marina gets a lot of foot traffic. There's also the luau to think about.

EDIT: Fiji has patios with sliders on the ground floor. I have seen other buildings with them too, but I'm not sure if they all do,

Especially now with the "shrinking" beach due to the DVC additions, it's time to restrict the Poly beach access to Poly guests only.

Can someone tell me what time the EWP is at the Poly and which beach area is best to view it from? Thanks!

9pm. We watched it from the the CL lounge but the view from the beach in front of HawaiI still is good. :)

I would think the benches at the boat dock would be awesome too.:thumbsup2

Can someone tell me if the 1 Bedroom Suite worth the HUGE price tag on the Club Level? I stayed in a Deluxe Queen room this year at the GF and it spoiled me in wanting more space when I'm staying Club Level, but their price tag for a Queen room wasnt that bad. Just wondering how the 1 Bedroom Suite was here at the Poly.....Penny for your thoughts? :)

Today is our one year mark! In the last few months, I've learned that my DN15 will be able to join us. It will be a great time for her and our DD16. This will likely be the last big trip the girls will go on together before they are off to college and separate lives. We are so blessed to have this time with them and I am happy DH and I are able to treat them to a magical stay at the Poly! Looking forward to surprising her and DD, but that will have to wait until October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter