• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

TWO MORE DAYS!!!!! :banana::banana:

we're doing the happy dance!!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Polynesian week vacation here we come!!!! :hippie:
(gonna get started on my trip report of taking my cousins on a surprise trip to WDW for their very first visit as a college graduation gift)

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

P.S. I *always* get sick right before a vacation and this year was no exception!

Last year I got sick (just a bad cold) days before our trip. It made flying from CA uncomfortable and our first full day was at BB. I was miserable but got better in a few days. This year I'm taking Emergen-C and my multi-vitamin every day! I'll try anything to stay healthy this year!

It's probably the lack of sleep due to all the excitement that gets our immune systems down.

I'm sitting at the computer anxiously awaiting 9:35 when I can check-in on SW and get my boarding position. We've never flown SW before, so we're pretty nervous.:surfweb::eek:

Zuzu & everyone that had such good thoughts for me and my cat...We put him down yesterday. I am so crushed and I miss his furriness and tale whacking my face in the middle of the night. For those that had some advice, we did tell the kids what was happening (that he was sick and old and this was the best decision we could make for him), they came with us to the vet's, but I did not let them in the room while they were doing the deed. I'm a pretty open mom, but that was something I didn't think they should have to see. My husband stayed with me and we petted him until it was all over. He looked so peaceful.

Thanks for everyone's support and advice. I'm glad I get to plan my trip to Disney and the Poly so it will keep my busy and looking forward to something.

Well that's just unbelievable! I hope everything goes well with her appointment tomorrow, I have one too (unexpected)! Get this, I'm one of those whose totally afraid something will go wrong before my trip and maybe sometimes I'm so anxious I cause something, can you believe I'm only 38 and two days ago I felt I was having heart attack symtoms like angina, shortness of breath and loss of appetite, left arm sore-- so I made a doctors appt for Friday(tomorrow) at 10:30am. Obviously if I was extremely fearful of an actual heart attack I would have gone to the ER, but something's definitley not right, I'm normally always hungry, and loss of appetite is CRAZY! Just to be on the safe side I thought I better get checked out before I leave, I've already thought If he says "You need to go check into the hospital" I'm going to say "First thing when I get back from Disney!" I'm serious!!! So hopefully he will tell me, I'm great, just a hypochondriac (kidding, I'm not) So I'm starting to think Disney is making people be over anxious and their trying to be sooooo careful that their actually having accidents... My son hasn't been on his skateboard in 6 months and today of all days he's trying all these tricks and I said you better not break your arm, head, leg, butt please just get off, he of course did not... Good luck with everything, We're this close to being there.....Nothing can stop us!!:grouphug:

I'm 36 and really healthy (exercise, diet) except for stress at work. A couple years back I went to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack and it turned out to be 'we-don't-know-what-is-wrong-so-it-must-be-nothing'. After talking to some other family members, I believe that particular attack was brought on by RED BULL. Not sure if you drink the stuff, but many people have had symptons like a heart attack on that stuff. Just a fyi (and I drank sugar-free but both have Taurine which hasn't been studied enough to know about it).

Definitely get to your appointment. At the very least, you'll feel better for getting yourself checked out! Good luck!

im soo excited about the poly sat. ahhhhhhhhhh :banana:

(gonna get started on my trip report of taking my cousins on a surprise trip to WDW for their very first visit as a college graduation gift)

Have so much fun!!! Make sure to post a review on here when you get back!

Well, we got B12-15. All we really want is aisle seats due to either height or claustrophobia. Hopefully we will be able to get them.

Well that's just unbelievable! I hope everything goes well with her appointment tomorrow, I have one too (unexpected)! Get this, I'm one of those whose totally afraid something will go wrong before my trip and maybe sometimes I'm so anxious I cause something, can you believe I'm only 38 and two days ago I felt I was having heart attack symtoms like angina, shortness of breath and loss of appetite, left arm sore-- so I made a doctors appt for Friday(tomorrow) at 10:30am. Obviously if I was extremely fearful of an actual heart attack I would have gone to the ER, but something's definitley not right, I'm normally always hungry, and loss of appetite is CRAZY! Just to be on the safe side I thought I better get checked out before I leave, I've already thought If he says "You need to go check into the hospital" I'm going to say "First thing when I get back from Disney!" I'm serious!!! So hopefully he will tell me, I'm great, just a hypochondriac (kidding, I'm not) So I'm starting to think Disney is making people be over anxious and their trying to be sooooo careful that their actually having accidents... My son hasn't been on his skateboard in 6 months and today of all days he's trying all these tricks and I said you better not break your arm, head, leg, butt please just get off, he of course did not... Good luck with everything, We're this close to being there.....Nothing can stop us!!:grouphug:

{{{{hugs}}}} I hope everything goes OK with the appointment today!! Keep us posted!

Happy trip vibes to all of you preparing to leave for the Poly! May you all have health and strength and lots of fun (and a dole whip or three) for the rest of us not going :) I cannot wait to read some awesome trip reports and see lots of pics when you all come back! I am getting over my credit card bill anxiety and getting excited for our Fall trip :woohoo:

DH and I were going over all our finances last night (gift cards, rewards cards, spending money, etc, etc, etc). I'm so ready to just be there and get this vacation started, LOL. Once we arrive, I can forget all the planning and start with the enjoying :banana:

I'm starting to get real excited about our first trip to the Poly in September. We usually stay at the BC or BW but decided this time to try the Poly. I was a little nervous at first since we love the Epcot area resorts but from reading all these posts the Poly sounds wonderful.

Does anyone know if the water parade still runs in September?

I'm so glad I found this thread.

This is our first time at the Poly (at WDW even) and I am so excited about it after reading all the comments here. I agree, finding this thread has been a wonderful way to get me prepared for the trip :)

Woo Hoo - I can't wait to hear about the surprise!! We only overlap for a day or two, but I will keep an eye out for you!!

Last year I got sick (just a bad cold) days before our trip. It made flying from CA uncomfortable and our first full day was at BB. I was miserable but got better in a few days. This year I'm taking Emergen-C and my multi-vitamin every day! I'll try anything to stay healthy this year!

It's probably the lack of sleep due to all the excitement that gets our immune systems down.

I have been taking all my vitamins also (along with Lysine to help keep the fever blisters away - I always get those if I don't keep sunscreen on my lips :mad: ) I hope it does the trick and keeps me healthy. The kids have been taking their vitamins also.

Zuzu & everyone that had such good thoughts for me and my cat...We put him down yesterday. I am so crushed and I miss his furriness and tale whacking my face in the middle of the night. For those that had some advice, we did tell the kids what was happening (that he was sick and old and this was the best decision we could make for him), they came with us to the vet's, but I did not let them in the room while they were doing the deed. I'm a pretty open mom, but that was something I didn't think they should have to see. My husband stayed with me and we petted him until it was all over. He looked so peaceful.

{{{{hugs}}}} I am so sorry!!!!!

im so excited about disney im so not going to be able to sleep for the the whole two hours i have to sleep haha. but cant wait till the plane i hope we can talk to the flight attendant about getting seats where my family and i can sit together. :banana:

Pre-trip paranoia is setting in for me. I may have to pull myself away from all message boards. Every thread I read about people leaving for vacation soon involves someone getting hurt or sick. I can't deal with that right now!:lmao:

Regardless of my own paranoia, I hope all my Poly friends are doing well and enjoy their vacations.

It's been good (and difficult) for me to hear about your experience. My 17 year old "baby" is experiencing renal failure and I know he doesn't have very long left. It has been hard to see him lose weight but in general he seems peppy and enjoying life. The vet said we will know when it is time. I've been dwelling on it for months. I never thought he'd make it this long so I didn't think I'd be worried about leaving him at home during our trip in 2 weeks. But he's holding on and I'm really scared.

So thanks for sharing. It's good just to hear about someone else making it through and that he looked peaceful.

Hugs! :flower3:

Zuzu & everyone that had such good thoughts for me and my cat...We put him down yesterday.

So very sorry to hear about your sweet, furry, friend. :guilty: IMO, you're an awesome mom for letting them be a gentle part of the process all the while setting healthy limits, too. :flower3:

I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to your kitty. How sad!

Hugs to you and your family during this tough time. I know that you are probably remembering little things that he did and it makes it even harder. I'm glad you let the kids say their goodbyes. It's a hard decision as a mom and I'm sure they will look back on it and thank you for letting them be there.

hello all my fellow Poly lovers!!

:woohoo: to everyone leaving soon for the Poly...our trip is still 51 days out (52 until the Poly) but got some great news from DFi today...we had booked the Poly GV CL room with a 40% off pin and the total was still a little too high for us but thanks to our Disney Honeymoon Registry looks like we can totally afford it!! :banana:

No downgrading for us and looks like we will PIF sooner than we thought!It's my first time at the Poly and DFi's first Disney trip..ever...so i'm hoping he'll love the Poly so much that we can make it a regular resort for us..fingers crossed!!

Hopefully we'll see some of you Disers there at the same time :goodvibes

I can only tell you that we were very underwhelmed with Narcoossee's. I had heard good and bad, but it's been on my list for a few trips and has always gotten canceled. Wish we'd canceled this trip! For 4 of us, our bill came to over $400! It was NOT a $400 meal. Or even $200, in my opinion. We had the dining plan, so didn't pay that much--just the portion for our wine, which was excellent.

It wasn't all bad, though. The Key Lime creme brulee dessert was delicious, as was the crab cake appetizer DS and I shared. The service was great and the atmosphere was relaxing--although they don't enforce their own dress code, which makes me wonder why they bother? My son was the only one at our table who truly enjoyed his entree, however. Maybe we just were there on a bad night?

ETA--Citrico's is on the list for our next trip. I've heard great things. I really like how the GF restaurants are all so easy to get to/from when staying at the Poly.

What did you order? I have ADRs for Narcoossee and this is the one ADR I have been debating whether to keep.

For those of you with younger children, and sometimes you wonder if they would ever want to take a bath without your prodding, this will all change. :lmao:
LOL, it seems like such a surprise to my kids daily that they have to take a bath.

Anyone else see others' Poly countdown tickers and get excited for them? :goodvibes

Living vicariously through people's shorter tickers since July 2010. :laughing:

I sincerely hope my hubby overcomes his grumpitude over Disney and lightens up or I'm leaving him at the airport. :woohoo:
Missoutandabout - We'll be there at the same time!

Thanks for everyone's support and advice. I'm glad I get to plan my trip to Disney and the Poly so it will keep my busy and looking forward to something.

Awwww, Tinkerbellie16 - I'm so sorry!!! It's been a tough week - which is why I haven't been posting much! I took Smokey to the vet on Wednesday and he has cancer, so we're also facing that same decision. He's lost so much weight and he's not eating well. The vet laid out all of the options and DH said there is no way we're doing the surgery and chemo when there's less than 50% cure rate. The vet gave him a vitamin B12 shot which seems to have pepped him up a bit, but it's short term, of course. ARGH, I wish I didn't get so attached to the darn fur babies!! Anyway, I really have to start planning another trip to Disney for next year, give us something else to focus on!

Tinkerbellie16, so, so sorry about your precious baby! Those darn animals just grab hold of our hearts and don't let go!

Sending warm thoughts your way! :flower3:

Are there lots of seats available to watch the Water Parade and fireworks from the beach? Would we be smart to bring a beach blanket?

Tinkerbellie16 I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. It's heart breaking to lose one of your fur babies.
And Zuzu03, sorry to hear that yours is so sick.
Hugs to you both. :hug:

Hope everything goes well at your appt this morning so you can get to Disney and the Poly tout de suite! :flower3:

Thank you!:thumbsup2

He actually said my blood pressure was to high and he did an EKG and it was extremely fast so until he gets my lab completed, he didn't want me to leave town without anything to control it, so for time being he has me on a beta blocker to slow down my heart rate, He's suppose to call me asap to tell me what else to do, He also said to map out the local healthcare facilities around WDW just in case...LOVELY.. But guess what, I'm still going to Disney and the POLY in less than 8 hours.. My flight is 6am, I really need to rest now!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter