ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

Jumping onboard :thumbsup2

... we've been to Disney many times since 2003 (usually twice a year in May/October) ... this will be our first stay at the Poly :cool1:

We are visting in a week (8/4-11) and wondered what crowds were like in the park and at the Poly currently.

We are visting in a week (8/4-11) and wondered what crowds were like in the park and at the Poly currently.

I'll be there starting tomorrow. Follow my live report linked in my signature. Of course it will only be a snapshot based on where I am at any given time. The them parks attractions and strategies board might also help.

We have been so excited about our upcoming trip to the Poly CL and then everything falls apart! First, DD falls and breaks her wrist and elbow two weeks ago! Wowza! We did not panic too much because we think that she may be in a short arm waterproof cast by the time that we leave for the trip. Yesterday, DH is rushed to the hospital with dizziness and extremely high blood pressure. He is still in the hospital recovering and getting his blood pressure under control. I remember several years ago, we seemed to get hit with a string of bad luck right before a Disney trip, but this time is a real worry! We are hoping and praying that DH recovers quickly and that we will still be able to go on the trip. This may give us a reason to slow down and take in all of the wonderful things that the Poly has to offer! Poly....take me away!

I hope they get your DHs blood pressure under control and the doctor's tell him that he's fine to go on vacation. We just got back from the Polynesian a couple of weeks ago, and my DH had a massive heart attack 6 weeks before our trip! He was operated on, and in the hospital for a few days, and fortunately every doctor that we saw said he'd be fine to go to Disney World. We rented an ECV for him though, so he wouldn't over do it, and we really made sure to have a relaxing (but fun!) vacation. It all turned out great for us, and I really hope that things turn out as well for your DH and you. :)

Thanks everyone for the info on the DIS secret badge. ;) And Dizneechic's post reminded me that -- duh -- I can just photoshop one, which I've done. :thumbsup2 Just got to get it all snazzy like Iloveeeyore's and I'm good to go. I like the hanging-it-on-one's-purse idea.

Sure enough, hubby saw what I was doing in Photoshop and he rolled his eyes. :rotfl: I should make him a "Grumpitude" one for his backpack.

Roll on, Poly. I'm not sure these levels of excitement can be maintained. I might explode along with the 3 year old. We'll be a pile of goo when we check in.

We have been so excited about our upcoming trip to the Poly CL and then everything falls apart! First, DD falls and breaks her wrist and elbow two weeks ago! Wowza! We did not panic too much because we think that she may be in a short arm waterproof cast by the time that we leave for the trip. Yesterday, DH is rushed to the hospital with dizziness and extremely high blood pressure. He is still in the hospital recovering and getting his blood pressure under control. I remember several years ago, we seemed to get hit with a string of bad luck right before a Disney trip, but this time is a real worry! We are hoping and praying that DH recovers quickly and that we will still be able to go on the trip. This may give us a reason to slow down and take in all of the wonderful things that the Poly has to offer! Poly....take me away!

I hope everything works out, were praying for your family. Hope to here happy news soon.:lovestruc

I know it's nothing comparative at all, but you bring up a good point when you mention slowing down. Last year I hurt my foot so bad (exercising no less) that I could barely put any weight on it. I didn't even notice until about 30 minutes after arriving at the MK on our first day.

I wrapped it, I took pain medication... they did nothing. It did force DW and I to really slow down and just relax our way through the trip. It was marvelous to not just rush from place to place. There really is something to be said for long afternoons by the pool :goodvibes

At the same time, I pray for the quick recovery of your DD & DH, and for your safe and magical trip! I hope that these setbacks are very temporary for you, and that everything works out in your favor! pixiedust:

Well, FAR be it from me to withhold my fabulous ticker from you!!:lmao:

Look for my live report coming up soon. I'll try to post a link to it in this post!

TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!!!

Your ticker is better than mine, but mine is pretty darn close! Have a safe and happy trip, I will probably see your there!!! :cool1:

I'm watchin'!!!!! In fact, my main motivation to log on was to see it. I have a million other things I should be doing.....Did I mention that DD cut her arm open about 12 days ago and had to get 10 stitiches? Well, the day before the stitches are to come out, it starts looking funky. This is 9 days after the stitches. Of course, that's the day she comes down with some nasty virus and is running a fever. So I wait til the next day to take her to the doc., and, of course, it's infected! How does this happen 9 days in???? So now she's on 2 different antibiotics (one for arm, one for sinus infection) and we have to go back to the doc again tomorrow.
The curse continues.......

Man, do I need a vacation!!

I know what you look like from your avatar, so I'll be looking for you. I don't know how to upload pictures, so I can't show you one of us. There is me, my DH, DS(19), and DD(16). DS is 6'2", I'll be limping, and DD will probably have a bandage on her left forearm. So if we're all together, you should probably be able to recognize us.

See you there!!! :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:
Meg

WOW! I always find it funny how different parts of the country have such different schedules... we go back after Labor Day...

It's crazy! The kids got out of school a week before Memorial Day and they go back next week.

When I was a kid, we'd get out of school at the beginning of June and not go back until right after Labor Day. Summer has gotten so short!

It's crazy! The kids got out of school a week before Memorial Day and they go back next week.

When I was a kid, we'd get out of school at the beginning of June and not go back until right after Labor Day. Summer has gotten so short!

My kids don't go back until Sept 8th, but then were in school until June 24th!! Yep, summers seem much shorter now then they were when we were kids.

WOW!!!!:worship::worship:
Thanks to all who have done the old threads and now the new thread!!!:thumbsup2
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

BELALRO-Aloha-TikiLG.jpg

Marion (dis name RustManFan) has a bunch of lime green "I Dis" DISigns that you can print from home as well. Here's a link to the ones she's done already that you can print and use:
http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo319/RustManFan/Disney Stuff/DIS Heads/?start=all
Or you could request one to have your dis user name added (if you can't do it yourself on one of the pre done ones). Here's her request thread and just make sure you let her know the file name of the one you want personalized when you make the request. pixiedust:

Thanks so much for the link!! I printed out one of the generic ones and then put it inside a self-laminating luggage tag to hang from my purse :cool1:

I was going to personalize mine with my user name, but I don't post that often so no one would probably recognize it anyway, LOL. But the green mickey head with "Do you dis?" on it will be enough :thumbsup2

I know what you look like from your avatar, so I'll be looking for you. I don't know how to upload pictures, so I can't show you one of us. There is me, my DH, DS(19), and DD(16). DS is 6'2", I'll be limping, and DD will probably have a bandage on her left forearm. So if we're all together, you should probably be able to recognize us.

See you there!!! :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:
Meg

So your family looks kinda like this.
yankee-doodle.jpg

Logpey, McDomzel and anyone else fixing to leave for "home" have a safe and wonderful trip take lots of pics and notes so we can see it all! Im so jealous, 42 days left before I leave!

Every couple of years there's rumblings here by the government to have year round school. :scared1: I really can't imagine having no "summer vacation". Childhood just woudn't be the same!!

Everyone going....have a safe and wonderful trip. Hope to see some of you there. I'm going to get two lime mickey paint swatches and attach them to our bag and stroller.

We'll be there in 9 days!!!!! I cannot wait to check in at the Poly. I've wanted to stay there for a long time. And we are surprising our boys with that resort. They think we are going back to POFQ.

Now, I've read something briefly about this: the little paint swatches from Home Depot? I know nothing more than that however, do tell! (My daughter requests these every... single ... time we go into Home Depot; I know they're gonna kick us out one of these days. ;)) Is it some kind of secret "DIS Club" badge? I'll be sure and take one, if so -- if only to make my husband roll his eyes. :lmao:

I know you've gotten a lot of responses but just wanted to let you know that I put two Mickey heads together back to back, cut it out around the green paint swatch and laminate it. Then I put a mickey head grommet in it and attach it where I can. The trick is to REMEMBER to attach it. The last vacation, they stayed in my luggage pocket the whole time :rotfl:

But seriously, for those going at the same time as me, I'll be sure to repost a big picture of my family so you can recognize us. And I have a tiger tattoo on my left upper arm and it tends to be odd on a mommy of 2 who likes tinkerbelle, pink clothes, and mickey jewelry. But it's all good :thumbsup2

;) Are you watching our ticker????? :banana::rotfl2::cool1::thumbsup2:rotfl::woohoo:

I'll do a dance for that ticker :banana::banana::banana::woohoo::yay::yay::cool1::cool1:

So your family looks kinda like this.
yankee-doodle.jpg

Cute :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter