ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

We have been so excited about our upcoming trip to the Poly CL and then everything falls apart! First, DD falls and breaks her wrist and elbow two weeks ago! Wowza! We did not panic too much because we think that she may be in a short arm waterproof cast by the time that we leave for the trip. Yesterday, DH is rushed to the hospital with dizziness and extremely high blood pressure. He is still in the hospital recovering and getting his blood pressure under control. I remember several years ago, we seemed to get hit with a string of bad luck right before a Disney trip, but this time is a real worry! We are hoping and praying that DH recovers quickly and that we will still be able to go on the trip. This may give us a reason to slow down and take in all of the wonderful things that the Poly has to offer! Poly....take me away!

Yikes!! sending get well vibes to both your DD and DH!!!! I'm also saying prayers for your DH - that is scary!!

I sure hope that they are both doing well in time for the trip!!

I'll keep an eye out for the slow moving family with a DD in a cast (and force you to sit down and have a glass of wine with me in the Poly CL lounge!!!!!!)

We have been so excited about our upcoming trip to the Poly CL and then everything falls apart! First, DD falls and breaks her wrist and elbow two weeks ago! Wowza! We did not panic too much because we think that she may be in a short arm waterproof cast by the time that we leave for the trip. Yesterday, DH is rushed to the hospital with dizziness and extremely high blood pressure. He is still in the hospital recovering and getting his blood pressure under control. I remember several years ago, we seemed to get hit with a string of bad luck right before a Disney trip, but this time is a real worry! We are hoping and praying that DH recovers quickly and that we will still be able to go on the trip. This may give us a reason to slow down and take in all of the wonderful things that the Poly has to offer! Poly....take me away!

:wizard: Pixie dust and prayers for a speedy recovery for your DH and DD; I hope all goes well and you are able to enjoy WDW and the Poly. I understand what you mean by having reason to slow down and enjoy, sometimes "curses: are really blessings in disguise. Your attitude is very inspiring!

:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:You need some pixie dust! Hope DH recovers--sounds like he could use a vacation.
Well, FAR be it from me to withhold my fabulous ticker from you!!:lmao:

Look for my live report coming up soon. I'll try to post a link to it in this post!

TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!!!
:banana:Have fun!

I am SO sorry to hear about all that your family has been going through. To be honest, your situation is my worst fear.... I get pretty nervous right before a trip. I don't take the boys any where, we hang around the house. I blame it on my packing (today I spent a few hours in the guest room laying out ALL of our outfits for our 8 day vaca) But I think subconciously I do it to myself so that I have a reason for not taking them to the pool or the playground etc...

Prayers for you all as you get close to your leave date....

*evil voice* Exxxxxcellent plan. That always works for my Mr. Grumpy too, can't believe I didn't think of it! Alcoholic libations will be ordered in droves. :drinking1

My hubby was a Mr. Grumpy about Disney for awhile... but he has finally converted...

What I think is pretty funny is that there are so many people who talk about their own hubby being a Mr. Grumpy... I start to wonder.... How did all these fun loving Disneyfiles marry these sticks in the mud! :lmao:

*evil voice* Exxxxxcellent plan. That always works for my Mr. Grumpy too, can't believe I didn't think of it! Alcoholic libations will be ordered in droves. :drinking1

Looks like we'll be there at the same time! I'm going to try to remember to display my lime green mickey heads :thumbsup2

Well, FAR be it from me to withhold my fabulous ticker from you!!:lmao:

Look for my live report coming up soon. I'll try to post a link to it in this post!

TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!!!

:banana::banana::banana:
That deserves some extra dancing bananas!!!!

My hubby was a Mr. Grumpy about Disney for awhile... but he has finally converted...

What I think is pretty funny is that there are so many people who talk about their own hubby being a Mr. Grumpy... I start to wonder.... How did all these fun loving Disneyfiles marry these sticks in the mud! :lmao:

I think many of the reluctant DH's are afraid of being indoctrinated into the ways of the mouse. ::MickeyMo Before our trip last year (DH's first to WDW in many years) he too was Mr. Grumpy ... "I'm only doing this for you & the kids" etc. Then he had a fantastic time. So much so that we even went for a Vacation Club sales pitch (we didn't buy - we'd prefer to stay at the Poly). He was really gung ho to go back this year then all of a sudden he didn't want to go. He flat out refused. I did eventually change his mind, after which he admitted that he didn't want to go back because he was so depressed after our last trip was over (he missed WDW & the Poly so much). I think the reluctant DH's are secretly afraid to admit that they're going to have a fantastic time and will want to keep going back again and again! :rotfl2:

A mystery for the ages, indeed! There's a joke about a book title in there: "Women are from Mars, Men are from ..." :laughing: (I'm kidding any and all guys reading, really!)

Added a link to my live report in my signature, if you're interested!
ALOHA!

Headed over right after this post. :woohoo:

Looks like we'll be there at the same time! I'm going to try to remember to display my lime green mickey heads :thumbsup2

Yay! We'll both be doing an anti-hurricane dance up 'til then.

Now, I've read something briefly about this: the little paint swatches from Home Depot? I know nothing more than that however, do tell! (My daughter requests these every... single ... time we go into Home Depot; I know they're gonna kick us out one of these days. ;)) Is it some kind of secret "DIS Club" badge? I'll be sure and take one, if so -- if only to make my husband roll his eyes. :lmao:

Now, I've read something briefly about this: the little paint swatches from Home Depot? I know nothing more than that however, do tell! (My daughter requests these every... single ... time we go into Home Depot; I know they're gonna kick us out one of these days. ;)) Is it some kind of secret "DIS Club" badge? I'll be sure and take one, if so -- if only to make my husband roll his eyes. :lmao:

Yes it's absolutely a secret "DIS Club". :wizard: Dis members can identify themselves in the park by lime green mickey heads. Many people use the alien green swatches from Home Depot, others will do iron on transfers onto shirts or accessories, but *most* of the time if you see a lime green mickey head it's someone from here at the Dis. :thumbsup2
(why isn't there a lime green mickey head smiley?)

Added a link to my live report in my signature, if you're interested!

ALOHA!

I'm interested! This next week is going to go by so slowly so I'm looking foward to your posts.

I need to start cleaning the house but I just don't feel like it right now. Not that I ever really feel like cleaning the house!

This is what my LGMH looks like and how i wear it:

06b59452.jpg

@dizneechic: Thanks for the explanation. :)

@iloveeeyore: Very clever! Is that laminated and attached to your bag?

I'll have to go search the swatches now, she's only got "Gamma Sector Green" in her collection. Time for another trip to Home Depot -- and to the craft store. LOL

@dizneechic: Thanks for the explanation. :)

@iloveeeyore: Very clever! Is that laminated and attached to your bag?

I'll have to go search the swatches now, she's only got "Gamma Sector Green" in her collection. Time for another trip to Home Depot -- and to the craft store. LOL

Yes, DH printed a name label for me and laminated it, then stuck it inside a luggage tag and attached it to my bag. I have a TGM logo on the opposite side. I don't think the shade of green matter so much. Mine is more grass than lime. "Gamma Sector" sounds like it would work (kind of Buzz Lightyear-ish?)

I'll be praying for your family!! Hope you can still go and enjoy your trip. We are in a similar situation this summer - but with our beach trip (Disney is next April). We had to cancel and we're doing Washington DC/Baltimore instead. DD fell in June and severely broke both bones in her right forearm. Had surgery to clean (it was an open fracture) it and set it the next morning. 3 days in the hospital for IV antibiotics. We knew most of the summer was shot, but figured we'd still get the beach in August. 10 days later, x-ray before casting - swelling went down and bones moved. Back in for more surgery, this time putting a metal rod in. She fell June 21 and never got casted until July 16th - had splints allowing for swelling after each surgery. So now the beach is out, she'll be casted until towards the end of August (either right before or after school starts). We have an appt. Fri, will likely have a 3rd surgery scheduled in early August to remove the rod and then recast for a few more weeks. It's been quite the ordeal! Will definitely make us look all the more forward to Disney in April!

Marion (dis name RustManFan) has a bunch of lime green "I Dis" DISigns that you can print from home as well. Here's a link to the ones she's done already that you can print and use:
http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo319/RustManFan/Disney Stuff/DIS Heads/?start=all
Or you could request one to have your dis user name added (if you can't do it yourself on one of the pre done ones). Here's her request thread and just make sure you let her know the file name of the one you want personalized when you make the request. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter