All star music noise was unbelievable

I think Disney has cracked down on them, it’s been around 3 yrs since I’ve stayed during prime time tour groups but our last stays at POR and POFQ there were tour groups. They were very well behaved. I was expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. On a bus going back to POFQ, tour group was on it going to POR mid day. The group leader really kept them in line, when they started getting too loud. And during a POR stay they were quiet and respectful the places I saw them, at pool & food court.
Then 15s definitely don't Chant as much or in as many different places as they did in the "anytime,anywhere Chant" days.

The introduciton of the Super Greeters has helped tremendously.

But,ask any regular July WDW Guest and they will tell you that they still have their MOMENTS!lol:)

If you go through some of the links it says All Star Resort and they didn't offer Caribbean Beach because of the construction.

Got you... All I saw was 'includes stay at a Disney value resort'

Hopefully the All Stars will hold them all since I will be a Pop..

I know if you go to the Pop Warner site a few months before the event they have a PDF with all of the info on it. You may still be able to download last years. It gives resorts, and length of stay pricing. I'm sure the other sports groups have similar websites with this info on it.

What are Super Greeter? I have never been in July and have never encountered the 15 groups.

I have decided that when I go this year I am staying away from Pop Warner. It only takes one group to ruin your whole day. I found the football players were fine in the parks. I barely noticed them. The cheerleaders on the other hand were the one group that ruined our day. The response I got from the CM at GS when I complained was priceless. She let me know without actually saying it that they get a lot of complaints about the cheer groups. When about a dozen tween or teen girls all go to the park at once it is bound to be loud and obnoxious. I only saw one large group of football players. The rest seemed to tour the parks in smaller groups. I wouldn't recommend to anyone to go when there are cheer groups around IMO.

What are Super Greeter? I have never been in July and have never encountered the 15 groups.
The Super Greeters are Brazilian College Students who Disney hires while they are on their Winter Break(Summer @ WDW) to come and work at WDW and help "supervise" the South American Tour Groups(AKA "The 15s" since the majority of them are 15 year old girls on their "Birthday trip".)

The Super Greeters are "stationed" at the Parks,Water Parks,Disney Springs and all Resorts that The 15s use.

Although Argentina(there are also smaller numbers from Paraguay,Chile,etc.) sends almost or as many of The 15s in July(the main Summer month) as Brazil,Disney uses Brazilian students because of the "uniqueness" of the Portuguese language.

However I have always thought Disney should bring in some Argentina Super Greeters as well-the Argentina "15s" aren't real responsive at times to the Brazil Super Greeters because of the Brazil/Argentina "rivalry".

You will recognize the Super Greeters by the Green Shirts they wear(also the Brazil flag on the sleeve gives a little hint!lol:)).

If you ever do "encounter" the 15s,you will NEVER forget The 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

WEDWDW Thanks for the reply. When I was at Universal in December I saw a large group of girls with backpacks like that that had Spanish or Portugese writing on it. I can't tell the difference. I wonder if that was a group of 15's. They were not an issue because I only saw them in the parks on one day and they seemed well behaved.
:thanks:

Unfortunately it’s not just at the resorts. We were behind a couple that tapped into 7 dwarfs, it turned blue, they pretended to not speak English and be confused so they were eventually waved through. We then heard them speak English and ask for the front car:rolleyes2. Then I kid you not they were a couple people ahead of us on big thunder later and di the SAME THING. I told the CM as I got up there that I saw them pull that same thing earlier. He said yeah, it happens all the time.​

Same thing happened to us at Universal this Christmas. Brazilian group hopped the regular line to the Express line and spoke perfect english when telling others in their group to do the same. When we got to the front - where the CM actually scans your Express Pass they pretended not to speak a lick of english. A very patient CM tried over and over to explain that they had to have an Express Pass to be in this line and even went to get someone who spoke Portuguese. They were rude and they refused to budge until the CM called someone on the radio (sounded like security) when they huffed off and yelled something unintelligible. We informed the CM they were speaking english just fine a minute ago and she said it happens a few times a day..... <sigh>

Then 15s definitely don't Chant as much or in as many different places as they did in the "anytime,anywhere Chant" days.

But,ask any regular July WDW Guest and they will tell you that they still have their MOMENTS!lol:)
They also go in January! I’ve never heard of these Super Greeters! But I’m glad Disney is doing something. My earlier experiences with these groups were less than stellar. Smallish group in Epcot and we were near Italy heading to our ADR when a group ran past us to get to the platform to do their cheer. Almost knocking me over in the process. I recovered before hitting the ground. Not one stopped to see if I was ok. Since, I’ve seen a vast improvement in behaviour.
By my late August groups they’re long gone :D

Same thing happened to us at Universal this Christmas. Brazilian group hopped the regular line to the Express line and spoke perfect english when telling others in their group to do the same. When we got to the front - where the CM actually scans your Express Pass they pretended not to speak a lick of english. A very patient CM tried over and over to explain that they had to have an Express Pass to be in this line and even went to get someone who spoke Portuguese. They were rude and they refused to budge until the CM called someone on the radio (sounded like security) when they huffed off and yelled something unintelligible. We informed the CM they were speaking english just fine a minute ago and she said it happens a few times a day..... <sigh>
I saw them in Universal this Christmas too. I didn't know that was what the group was. I just saw a bunch of girls with all the same backpacks. Now I know what they were. I was curious why there was such a large group of girls with back packs and no adult supervision were running around the park.

I know it's heresy here on the DIS, but I actually enjoyed the 15s last August. They are so cute and energetic and happy. Yes, the chanted but they didn't do it everywhere and it didn't annoy me. That must have been the work of the Super Greeters and the many CMs with the Brazilian flag on their badges.

I know it's heresy here on the DIS, but I actually enjoyed the 15s last August. They are so cute and energetic and happy. Yes, the chanted but they didn't do it everywhere and it didn't annoy me. That must have been the work of the Super Greeters and the many CMs with the Brazilian flag on their badges.

My sister and I sort of thought the same thing last trip. Its nice to see large groups really enjoying themselves. All too often we see families and large groups who just do not appear to be in any way enjoying themselves, if not out right arguing.

We've "grown" to like them also.:)

They really are,for the most part,super nice young ladies-the "large group behavior" just takes over at times which can happen with any large group.

Many of them tell us how much they love being in the United States and they wish they could stay here and we have seen them crying on their last night before going home.

We take little momentos representing our State to give them and they get so excited that an American would give them a "present"!:)

In July they always see my Birthday Button and sing Happy Birthday to me.:)

So,yes,The 15s do "grow" on you the more you are around them and you learn to "appreciate" their "energy"!lol:)

They also go in January! I’ve never heard of these Super Greeters! But I’m glad Disney is doing something. My earlier experiences with these groups were less than stellar. Smallish group in Epcot and we were near Italy heading to our ADR when a group ran past us to get to the platform to do their cheer. Almost knocking me over in the process. I recovered before hitting the ground. Not one stopped to see if I was ok. Since, I’ve seen a vast improvement in behaviour.
By my late August groups they’re long gone :D
Yes,mainly Brazil in January and mainly Argentina in February.:)

We had 4 or 5 groups of The 15s staying with us at the All-Stars last week and they were very nice.

They kept telling us they were not used to the cold weather!lol:)

Thye were very "low-key" all week because of the cold-they were almost "lethargic"(or as lethargic as they get!)!!!!lol:)

39867381442_ea2168cf8a_h.jpg

We've "grown" to like them also.:)

They really are,for the most part,super nice young ladies-the "large group behavior" just takes over at times which can happen with any large group.

Many of them tell us how much they love being in the United States and they wish they could stay here and we have seen them crying on their last night before going home.

We take little momentos representing our State to give them and they get so excited that an American would give them a "present"!:)

In July they always see my Birthday Button and sing Happy Birthday to me.:)

So,yes,The 15s do "grow" on you the more you are around them and you learn to "appreciate" their "energy"!lol:)

I think the thing that gets people with the 15s is the mass packs of them.

Most of the groups I have traveled with (church youth groups and HS band) will allow the group to divide into smaller groups.

It is very overwhelming to see a swarm of girls all dressed identically all rushing to the FastPass line because they have a mass group FastPass, or descending on a QS restaurant.

It is very overwhelming to see a swarm of girls all dressed identically all rushing to the FastPass line because they have a mass group FastPass, or descending on a QS restaurant.
No doubt!:)

We were in End Zone early one morning and there was a family(Mom,Dad,2 kids)sitting at a table in the middle of the Food Court with no one sitting around them or even in that area of the Food Court.

All of a sudden The 15s entered End Zone and within seconds the family was surrounded by dozens of South American 15 year old girls with matching red shirts!lol:)

We could tell by the "bewildered" look on the family's faces that they had no clue as to what had just happened!lol

It remains one of the funniest things we have ever seen at WDW!lol:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter