All star music noise was unbelievable

thank you for everyone's empathy :)

Theese were American or possibly Canadian (English speaking anyways) college age cheer groups.

I don't have it in me to complain for a resort move. We paid for one. Last night slept like a dream. Rest of the trip will be great.

Really disappointed in Disney here though. Ill stay offsite in a nicer place next time if i can't afford something better onsite.
I didn't read through all the replies, but please email Disney. They did not handle the situation properly and it should be addressed.

When we stayed at French Quarter a few years ago the South American tour group kids were at Riverside. They were very unruly while sharing the bus, waiting in ride ques and pretty much everywhere. I've watched Youtubes by poor CMs explaining how difficult the groups are to control. Disney should just keep after these groups when they behave like that. Just post security right outside the doors. Then as soon as the kids start to act up security can shut them down or if the behavior continues request they leave the resort. I don't want anyone to think I don't love to see all children have a magical time at the World, but these children haven't any manners and should be held to the same standards as any other guest.

The cheer/dance group kids can be really bad too. I do remember seeing on the resort channels about quite hours and how the sport groups needed to comply. These kids are pretty loud and rowdy too.

When we stayed at French Quarter a few years ago the South American tour group kids were at Riverside. They were very unruly while sharing the bus, waiting in ride ques and pretty much everywhere. I've watched Youtubes by poor CMs explaining how difficult the groups are to control. Disney should just keep after these groups when they behave like that. Just post security right outside the doors. Then as soon as the kids start to act up security can shut them down or if the behavior continues request they leave the resort. I don't want anyone to think I don't love to see all children have a magical time at the World, but these children haven't any manners and should be held to the same standards as any other guest.

The cheer/dance group kids can be really bad too. I do remember seeing on the resort channels about quite hours and how the sport groups needed to comply. These kids are pretty loud and rowdy too.

I agree with you. However Disney will never do anything about these groups. They bring in revenue. As far as having security posted outside they will never do that either because it costs too much. It is easier to wait for people to complain. I think if hotel guests start calling the police instead of the hotel lobby then maybe Disney will do something about these unruly, rude guests. Just my opinion.

I buy the ones that are designed for smaller ear canals, otherwise the regular ones just pop out while I'm sleeping. Not sure what Disney carries, but I think it's best to bring your own that you know work for you if possible.
Wow, i didnt even know that they made smaller ones. I have a small ear canal and cant use earplugs because they always pop out. Good to know. Thank you!

Wow, i didnt even know that they made smaller ones. I have a small ear canal and cant use earplugs because they always pop out. Good to know. Thank you!

Happy to help! I use Mack's Dreamgirl Soft Foam Earplugs that I get at Target. I even use them at home since I'm such a light sleeper and have upstairs neighbors and pets.

...I'd suggest calling the police as well because not only might the appearance of law enforcement get the attention of at least the adults of the group, but law enforcement involvement is also not a look resort management is particularly thrilled with (which might "help" them in their decision-making process moving forward).

This is a GREAT tip, which I would absolutely do.

We ONLY stay at deluxes and this is one of the reasons why. Not saying they can't have problems, but I cannot imagine a school group causing a fuss at the AKL at 1am.

School groups have even started staying at Moderates (some co-workers children have been staying at the Coronado). Mixing school and business groups along with vacationers will certainly be interesting...

You know, this is fascinating. All of the people on this thread saying "This is the reason why we don't stay value."

You realize the winner in this is Disney? They get the $$$ from the groups with no consequences from regular patrons who then shell out more $$$ for deluxe or moderate accommodations.

Disney needs to hold these groups accountable. If they aren't, the other patrons affected need to hold Disney responsible. If they don't, the status quo will continue.

You know, this is fascinating. All of the people on this thread saying "This is the reason why we don't stay value."

You realize the winner in this is Disney? They get the $$$ from the groups with no consequences from regular patrons who then shell out more $$$ for deluxe or moderate accommodations.

Disney needs to hold these groups accountable. If they aren't, the other patrons affected need to hold Disney responsible. If they don't, the status quo will continue.
I am one of those Disney guests who complained about a cheerleading group. It got me absolutely no where. I doubt they will change their policies because of me. They make too much money on these groups whether we complain or not.

I am one of those Disney guests who complained about a cheerleading group. It got me absolutely no where. I doubt they will change their policies because of me. They make too much money on these groups whether we complain or not.
BINGO!lol:)

The Groups mean MAJOR money to The Mouse.

Disney has done a few things with The 15s such as the Super Greeters in July and,also The 15s now almost exclusively use private buses as opposed to years ago when they almost exclusively used Disney Transport.

Bottom line is "it is what it is".

It's not a value resort issue -8 inch concrete block isn't going to muffle the sound of a group of people basically shouting. I also wouldn't expect Disney policy to include anything which would discourage these groups from returning in future years. With that in mind, I'd suggest calling the police as well because not only might the appearance of law enforcement get the attention of at least the adults of the group, but law enforcement involvement is also not a look resort management is particularly thrilled with (which might "help" them in their decision-making process moving forward).

I wonder if the police would actually show up for a noise complaint on Disney property or just refer it back to the resort to handle internally?

I wonder if the police would actually show up for a noise complaint on Disney property or just refer it back to the resort to handle internally?
That's why I say EVERYONE should complain! If the local police have to coordinate with Disney for a call on their property... if they are getting 500 + phone calls a night about "the cheer group in Building 2" , they miiiiiiiiiiiiight feel more inclined to do something, if only from a cost-savings logistics measure of NOT getting these calls and dealing with any actual issues!

Honestly, this is why we stay in a cabin. No one around you, above or below. No one else's toilet flushing, etc. It's wonderful.
A friend of mine stayed in the Cabins, even there it depends on your neighbours. They had the neighbours from hell, letting their kids stay up late, running around outside yelling and screaming, including around their cabin. Ball they were playing with constantly hitting their cabin wall.

I think Disney has cracked down on them, it’s been around 3 yrs since I’ve stayed during prime time tour groups but our last stays at POR and POFQ there were tour groups. They were very well behaved. I was expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. On a bus going back to POFQ, tour group was on it going to POR mid day. The group leader really kept them in line, when they started getting too loud. And during a POR stay they were quiet and respectful the places I saw them, at pool & food court.

And this is awesome! I just planned a last minute adult trip for next month during a cheer competition and the only reasonable rooms left were at Pop... :yay:

When we were at Pop early Dec I spoke with the Desk, asking for a closer room. We were prob in the furthest section in the 80’s you can get. I had a 10 day stay and they had nowhere to move me. CM mentioned they had several large sport groups there and they were keeping them mostly in the 50’s. I think they had their own busses, I’ve noticed some leaving the resort and never saw them at bus stops.
On my last day I did start to see the tour groups with the flags at the bus stop. But good to know Pop tries to keep them in one area.

I wish they would say what resort they are staying at...

There is a large cheerleading group from our area going down in February and I know that they are staying at All Stars, and the other groups are going to be spread amongst the All Stars. I think that's almost always where they go first, but there was also a dance team at Caribbean Beach back in the Fall.

The behavior depends on the group. It's tough, though, because even if you have pretty well behaved kids, there are still hundreds of them, and when they all eat breakfast at the same time, or they are all going to Magic Kingdom at the same time, it's pretty awful. We have been on the bus with them before and they're cheering and yelling across the bus to each other and singing and call me a grump but that's just not what I want to hear at midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!