All star music noise was unbelievable

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this! A bad nights sleep can ruin a good park day.

Where did you move to?

This happened to us at CBR about ten years ago. I'm assuming they were a senior class trip. They were fine at the pool and at the food court but one night they got really rowdy right outside our room. My XH got up and told them to beat it. You could hear them scatter and we never heard any noise again. He is in law enforcement and can be very convincing.

I buy the ones that are designed for smaller ear canals, otherwise the regular ones just pop out while I'm sleeping. Not sure what Disney carries, but I think it's best to bring your own that you know work for you if possible.
Of course, only pointing out to those who hadn't thought to bring them and decide to try them, they have some at Disney. The ones they have are the squishy types so you make them fit your ear by rolling between your fingers and sliding in your ear, where they will expand to fit perfectly. They aren't the highest decibel blocking but they are passable in a pinch (better than nothing)

We have stayed at the values many times in the last fourteen years. I would say that we have logged at least 100 nights in the values and only two of them were stand out horrific due to these tour groups. Screaming, clapping, yelling, throwing kids and lounge chairs in the pools. Drunken parents at the pool. Disney did nothing. It happened to us at Pop and Music. We still stay at the values but I check my dates to make sure they aren't falling during these cheer competition dates. And in July in particular I would absolutely never stay at the All Stars. Also during Pop Warner there is always a moderate where they stay.

Another thing that can help is pay for preferred since the groups seem to always stay standard. Also request a section that is close to preferred. Our nightmare at Music was when we stayed in Rock Inn. We were very close to Country Fair which is where the group was.

After 25+ trips to WDW I've had issues here and there. They've always been taken care of unless it's an issue regarding these groups. In that case Disney couldn't care less.

thank you for everyone's empathy :)

Theese were American or possibly Canadian (English speaking anyways) college age cheer groups.

I don't have it in me to complain for a resort move. We paid for one. Last night slept like a dream. Rest of the trip will be great.

Really disappointed in Disney here though. Ill stay offsite in a nicer place next time if i can't afford something better onsite.
Well, I'm glad that you moved and that you're happy. There is no way in H-E-double-hockey-sticks that I would have PAID to upgrade to another resort when Disney was not doing their part to enforce quiet times at night (say, after 10:00 pm). Paying for security to patrol the common areas and to visit rowdy rooms is definitely within their ability and they did not choose to do so even though they are aware that they have a teen group in house.

Consider this. It's a Disney win-win-win for you to pay to move to another resort to get away from the loud, uncontrolled group. Disney keeps the big teen group happy and they don't have to control them - win! Disney doesn't have to do anything extra to make you happy, you did it yourself - win! Disney made more money from you on the upgrade - kaching and win!

Enjoy the rest of your trip! FWIW, I actually like staying offsite :).

That's so strange. We just got back from 8 days at All Star Music. It has been YEARS since we stayed at a Value Resort but we needed a Family Suite plus an additional room for everyone so the Values were the only option that were within what we were willing to spend. We actually commented to each other that it seemed MUCH quieter than in the past. Our room was not far from the main pool and was within the path where everyone from the back of the resort walked back and forth to get to the main part of the hotel. We did see the college cheer groups but never heard them.

Now I will say that we travel with a small white noise maker that we use when we go to bed. However we just found our whole stay much quieter than usual without the noise maker. I wonder if you just got unlucky with your location (or maybe we just got really lucky with ours!).

I wouldn't designate the Value as "party hotels" though. The noise we have encountered in the past has always been from young children who are super excited to be there and are all jacked up on sugar. The walls are so thin we have typically been able to clearly hear an excited child's entire conversation in the next room or outside our door.

I would just stop that sentence with "Values tend to draw teen groups"
It's the groups and teens, not where they are from, that makes them loud.
And it's why we don't stay in Values. Well, not the groups as much, they can be anywhere (we had them at POR) but it's the group combined with the paper thin walls of the Value resorts. It doesn't take a group of kids to make them loud. They are loud period.

As for why Disney won't do more, well, I suspect when you have a large group a lot of the guests in the resort are part of the group and probably not bothered by them. It is easier to take care of those bothered than to remove the entire group. Not just because of cost involved as much as it's easier to deal with the smaller numbers that are bothered.

I mentioned a region because those are the teen groups I've encountered that are loud and obnoxious and as I said later in my post the American football group for Pop Warner week were fantastic.
It doesn't seem to be all teen groups.

I'm sorry no one warned you about this ahead of your trip. this is why we won't stay in values. not even for free. not even if you paid me. I'm glad you were able to switch and I hope the rest of your trip is lovely.

Just back and had no idea the values could be this bad.

From 10 pm until 3 am there was chanting and screaming. Not a little bit of noise but 10 - 20 young adults making as much noise as possible. Disney would break it up, 10 minutes later off it goes again.

I got very little sleep and had a horrible day in the parks today.

I guess Disney really can't do much assuming they won't evict them but this was truly unbelievable. These people had absolutely no dignity. Absolutely shameful.

I won't ever be going back. I've travelled for work and pleasure and this is the worst experience ive ever had. Any other hotel would have had the police involved at that point.

Assuming they are unwilling to do that they really should indicate that these are party
hotels.

thank you for everyone's empathy :)

Theese were American or possibly Canadian (English speaking anyways) college age cheer groups.

I don't have it in me to complain for a resort move. We paid for one. Last night slept like a dream. Rest of the trip will be great.

Really disappointed in Disney here though. Ill stay offsite in a nicer place next time if i can't afford something better onsite.

I don't know the exact dates of your trip but according to ESPN Wide World of Sports list of events from January 12th-14th 2018 was the National College Cheerleading & Dance Championship (UDA/UCA).

But for future planning here's the webpage where you can see the list of the events: https://www.espnwwos.com/sports/cheer/

The Values lends itself to being more accommodating towards large groups and the price point helps as well.

Last edited:
Honestly, this is why we stay in a cabin. No one around you, above or below. No one else's toilet flushing, etc. It's wonderful.
If budget is not a consideration...Poly Bungalow for the win! The only thing I've heard since Christmas Eve are fireworks! ;)

I encourage you to send an email or letter to Disney with the details. They do not want experiences like this to happen and can only change things if they hear from guests. They might also offer you some sort of incentive for a future visit. If you provide a phone number, they will absolutely call you back.

They do not want experiences like this to happen and can only change things if they hear from guests.
They have and do hear complaints FREQUENTLY about the Cheer Groups,The 15s,etc. and have heard these complaints FOR YEARS!

This July you will see the annual complaint Thread for The 15s.

Nothing is going to ever change with the Groups-if anything more will be coming.

Disney just opened a new 8,000 seat Arena at ESPN WWoS for various competitions.

Bottom line is they will be coming to WDW and the complaints will continue as long as there is a Walt Disney World Resort.

They have and do hear complaints FREQUENTLY about the Cheer Groups,The 15s,etc. and have heard these complaints FOR YEARS!

Nothing is going to ever change with the Groups-if anything more will be coming.

Disney just opened a new 8,000 seat Arena at ESPN WWoS for various competitions.

Bottom line is they will be coming to WDW and the complaints will continue as long as there is a Walt Disney World Resort.

This. :thumbsup2

Yup. And since people keep paying to stay there then there’s no reason to do anything about it.

There was some.sort of cheer event when we went on our first trip in 1999. We never stayed at a value again. Sorry to see they still haven't found a way to keep quiet hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter