All Star Music FAQ thread and tips

I have stayed at the ASMU 3 times. Once in 1997 for a job interview/Thanksgiving trip, and twice in 1998 (once with my 8 year old niece, once with my (now) husband. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and love the pools so when we booked our first family trip to Disney World, ASMU was the ONLY place I wanted to be! I am so excited to be going back here with MY kids and sharing Disney with them. :cool1:

How far would you say the walk is to the bus stop/food court/pools from the buildings that are furthest away?

We were there during POP week and it was so nice. There were little or no groups there. We had a room facing the pool and never heard any noise not even people walking past our room talking. We had a suite and will never stay anywhere else because of the room in the suite and 2 baths and 2 tvs plus the kitchenette. Super clean and colorful. We requested the same section again for this Dec and can hardley wait...:yay:

I'm just starting to pack.
Do the rooms have a clock or do I need to find my travel clock?

Thanks

It stormed while we were at the pool during the planned evening activities and they moved inside to the rear of the food court seating area and continued.

rich

Thanks, I'm glad :) that sounds perfect. I am currently booked at ASMovies, but the more I read on this thread the more I am thinking for changing my reservation to ASMusic! :thumbsup2

I have finally finished reading this entire thread. We are currently booked at Pop and I'm thinking about changing to ASMu. The rooms look very nice (thanks for sharing the photos). We'll be checking in very early, around 7 am so I'm hoping that we can get the king bed we requested. Doesn anyone know how many rooms at ASMu have king beds?

I've been on the ASMu picture thread and I love the Broadway section. How far is it to walk to the bus stop/food court area?

I've been on the ASMu picture thread and I love the Broadway section. How far is it to walk to the bus stop/food court area?

It's Calypso then Jazz then Broadway is off to the left of Jazz so maybe 7 min tops! Not far at all.

I'm interested in this too....

How fast are you moving?:lmao:

Honestly, I walk at a pretty swift clip, but load me down with a 4 year old, a one year old, 2 strollers and a husband who dwaddles - 5-10 minutes. We were in Country Fair and loved it. Really, it was much calmer back there, more relaxing and quieter.

Does anyone know if there is a makeup mirror in the room?
I had read on another website that listed hotel amenities that there were makeup mirrors in each room, but it surprised me that a value resort would include this.
If it did, that would be one less thing for me to pack for my trip next week.

My daughter just returned yesterday from a five day stay at Music and in the middle of the stay they started an unannounced rehab of the food court. :confused3 They were closing different parts each day. Its supposed to be completed sometime in September.

My daughter just returned yesterday from a five day stay at Music and in the middle of the stay they started an unannounced rehab of the food court. :confused3 They were closing different parts each day. Its supposed to be completed sometime in September.

Thanks for the information. If anyone has any updates about this rehab and about how extensive it is, please share your information. Thanks!

My daughter just woke from a post Disney nap and states they left a note on their bed about the rehab. It will be completed September 12th. The back door entrance is closed and they will be rehabbing the entire food court a section or two at a time. She stated, "It was a total surprise and confusing every day because they kept changing what was open and closed. Had she known about it, she might have stayed at one of the other hotels. It was very inconvenient" They have stayed at Music in the past and really enjoyed it, but this caught them by surprise because it wasn't listed anywhere on any websites.

My daughter just woke from a post Disney nap and states they left a note on their bed about the rehab. It will be completed September 12th. The back door entrance is closed and they will be rehabbing the entire food court a section or two at a time. She stated, "It was a total surprise and confusing every day because they kept changing what was open and closed. Had she known about it, she might have stayed at one of the other hotels. It was very inconvenient" They have stayed at Music in the past and really enjoyed it, but this caught them by surprise because it wasn't listed anywhere on any websites.

Wow! This is unexpected. We check out on the 11th, so I guess the rehab will be going on for our whole stay. Bummer! Thanks again for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter