All Star Music FAQ thread and tips

Any rehabs planned for next spring - March/April? Especially concerned about the pools.

Thanks.

Just returned from All Star Music Resort and regarding the construction - I asked the CM when we were there how long the construction would last and he said about 14 days. It started on 8/11/08. Hope this helps.

Thanks!! Was most of the food court open?

we just got back from asmu yesterday,and yes there is construction,no gameroom available,part of the food court is closed and back door area is closed off.I would also like to say that it is a big place and walking at the end of the day all the way out to the Broadway section was a drag.I also hardly used our refill mugs because it was a long walk.I will certainly pay the extra 10.00 a night to get a closer room next time,so worth it.

I just had a question pop into my head. Can you use the ASMu refillable mugs at all of the All Stars or only at Music? I figure since you can pool hop, maybe you can mug-hop, too?:confused3

I just had a question pop into my head. Can you use the ASMu refillable mugs at all of the All Stars or only at Music? I figure since you can pool hop, maybe you can mug-hop, too?:confused3

Yes. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the refillaqble mugs are good at all food courts for your length of stay.

I'm checking in the ASMR Sept 19th with mom and dad and cant wait. We've stayed at this resort many times and everytime it just keeps getting better. However, this is our 4 year here with free dinning and looking forward to all the new dinning places.:dance3:

3 months. 3 whole months before our Magical experience! Trying to make dining reservations at Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. Already have in mind the building I wish to stay in while at AS Music. Which parks to visit and at what time to get there, days for rest, etc... My main concern will be whether or not the resort will be over-run with unruly teenagers during Pop Warner week. We're leaving Disney on Dec 8, so we'll miss most of it, but still. Planning, planning and planning. It seems I cannot do enough planning. It also seems I'm going overboard with all the planning! HELP!:scared1:

Hey...10 days and counting for us to visit the world for the 1st time :)
We are staying at Music and I had a few questions. First, is there a list somewhere of what comes standard in the rooms and what you have to order (i.e. fridge?). Also, can I make a request on which building I want to stay in and request king size beds?
THanks for any help you can give me...

Tiffany

I was just reading the All Star Music FAQ on Deb's site. I was surprised to read, and I quote

"And, yes, bad news on the great souvenir shampoo bottles and Mickey soaps. ASM has installed shampoo and body wash dispensers in all showers. You are provided with a small Mickey hand soap to use at the sink."

Is this old information or has ASM gone back to the wall mounted dispensers?

I was just reading the All Star Music FAQ on Deb's site. I was surprised to read, and I quote

"And, yes, bad news on the great souvenir shampoo bottles and Mickey soaps. ASM has installed shampoo and body wash dispensers in all showers. You are provided with a small Mickey hand soap to use at the sink."

Is this old information or has ASM gone back to the wall mounted dispensers?

We were in Jass in May and they had Mickey soap and shampoo/conditioner in a bottle. The color was light blue. They don't have the black/red and white containers anymore. I, too, read this and brought a bar of soap and all the shampoo/conditioners. Maybe some rooms have this dispenser. I'm not sure.

I have been reading about the privacy curtain being a hit or miss in the ASM. Does anyone know the width of the doorway where the curtain should/could be? I was thinking that if it was wide enough I could use a shower rod in the doorway and make a screen myself. If it's narrow, maybe I could find a tension rod.

One more question for you. Does anyone know if ASM charges for local calls?

Thanks,
Pip

My travel consultant with Dreams Unlimited said that there are NO hair dryers in any on of the rooms at All Star Music! PANIC-ATTACK!! :eek:

How can this be so??

We were in a Family Suite at Music and BOTH our bathrooms had hairdryers... I am sure she is mistaken .

There are hairdryers in the rooms. If for some reason there isn't a hairdryer in your room, you can request one from Mousekeeping.

As for the soaps and shampoos, they are H2O brand and they are very good! They're a big improvement quality-wise from the former Mickey soap & shampoo.

I figured they had the H2O soap and shampoo. That's what I had at Pop in January and Movies last September. That part of the FAQ must not have been updated for quite some time. Thanks for your reply's.

So does anyone have an update on the construction? It was supposed to be 14 days long starting on the 11th. Should be done by the begining of next week. Just wondering if anyone just got back with a progress report. We are leaving a week from Sunday....hoping they are done by then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter