All Star Music FAQ thread and tips

cstooge462

Earning My Ears
Okay so I have noticied a lot of threads about Disney resorts, but there is non dedicated to All Star Music, so I decided to start one. I will be there in Sept for 10 nights and I would love to know some tips and what are your favorite things about this resort.
Thanks

Thank you!!! I feel like the ASMu is "ignored" by everyone but "Linda" on theses boards. We also are eagerly anticipating our stay in Sept. HOWEVER, I wish that I knew way more about what to expect.

Okay so I have noticied a lot of threads about Disney resorts, but there is non dedicated to All Star Music, so I decided to start one. I will be there in Sept for 10 nights and I would love to know some tips and what are your favorite things about this resort.
Thanks

Congrats on starting a All Star Music FAQ thread:

All Star Music has a rose garden near the broadway section.
It is very nice place to sit and relax.

Music has added games and contests by the pool in the afternoon and has movies by the pool at 9 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
From this website:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd070618mg

As we noted on last week's MousePlanetWatch news podcast, We've gotten a couple of reports about the "something special" that we were told to keep our eyes out for at All-Star Music and Yacht & Beach Club. At All-Star Music, we've heard that folks have found karaoke sessions for dance parties near the pools, a nightly movie by the Calypso pool and in increase of staff to make it easier for guests to find assistance. ......

Music has added games and contests by the pool in the afternoon and has movies by the pool at 9 PM.

Here is a review thread about the Family Suites and it also tells about the activities and buses at All Star Music:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1545385

And a review of All Star Music from this thread:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1551973&page=2

I've stayed at all of the All Stars as well as Pop Century, with my most recent stay being at All Stars Music. I just returned home 3 days ago. I had stayed there before for one night and didn't even look at the resort, I drove straight to my room and stayed there until it was time to leave the next day. So I decided to try it for a longer stay this time and I'm so glad I did! This is the sweetest little resort!

I liked all of them but I think this one is now my favorite and if I had kids, well, there is tons for them to do here! Every day is full of activities. When you check in they give you a sheet listing all of them for the week. It seemed that most took place at the Calypso pool. Some of them were a nightly movie, daily bingo games (cost 1.00 per card), one day I came back in the afternoon and they were line dancing at the pool, they also had nightly dance parties before the movie, one day they had karaoke, there was a jump rope contest and a treasure hunt just to name a few.

I also fell in love with the theming at this resort. Calypso definitely has a Caribbean flare to it, this section is kind of noisy because of the pool but it is closest to the main building. Jazz has a tranquil New Orleans Square feel with it's beautiful fountain and wrought iron. Broadway transports you to the streets of New York (literally, Wall Street & Broadway) and has a Central Park inspired area as well. Rock Inn is loud as far as decor goes but it's got the 50's vibe down pat. Country Fair seemed the quietest to me, it was all the way in the back of the resort and had a large, wooden fenced in area with picnic tables. Loved the giant cowgirl boots on the buildings here. Other than the Calypso area though the whole place was pretty tranquil.

For those who have kids that are easily distracted during meals, the food court here has a large tv set up in the very back of the seating area that shows cartoons that might help keep them focused while you are eating.

The newly remodeled rooms are great too! The decor is a lot less cartoony than it used to be. I love that they've added curved shower rods to the bathrooms and they also give you soap and shampoo/conditioner now, which the values never did before. That doesn't really matter to me but it does to some.

I was treated very well at this resort, I'm not going to say everyone will get this but when I got to my room there was a Mickey head towel "animal" on one of the beds for me. When I arrived back that night from the parks I had a call from the gentleman who checked me in saying that if there was anything he could do to make my stay more enjoyable to please let him know. When I came back to my room the next afternoon I had a call waiting from the manager of the resort telling me he hoped I enjoyed my stay and if I needed anything to let him know. There was also a little card on my pillow from the housekeeping staff that said a little birdie told them I was leaving and they hoped that all my dreams came true. All of that really made a good impression on me, never got anything close to that at any other resort I've stayed in, not even the deluxes. Like I said, that might not happen for everyone but it was really nice.

:)

It seems to me that All Star Music is trying harder.

----------------------------------------------------------

All Star Music is my favorite resort. It tends to be the quietest of all the values.

All Star Music just underwent a refurbishment of all of the rooms and was completed in June 2007.

Here is a website with photos of the newly refurbished rooms at All Star Music.

Look at the Jazz Inn section with new posted:

http://allearsnet.com/acc/g_asmu.htm

Please see my info thread For the resons why I enjoy All Star Music so much.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18641909#post18641909

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

Thanks for starting this thread! I have three top contenders for my trip next year, two rooms at POP, SOG, or ASMu family suites. As of right now, ASMu is in the lead. This thread may be just what I need to clinch it :goodvibes

Thanks for starting this thread. My family and I are looking at ASMu Family Suites for December! Hopefully there are many DISers out there who can help supplement "Linda's" info! :goodvibes

Is it true that there are never any pins, codes, or discounts offered for the family suites? Even during times like the Wonderful Weeks of Disney?

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. After two stays at POP, we are looking to try some place different. Linda has me just about convinced but I want to see what other people have to say too. I would especially like to here more about the food court ( and how it compares to POP's.)

Our next trip will be late April, early May. I would love to stay at POFQ (we loved our one visit there.) But DH has problems with the cost, so I'm looking at ASMu as a cheaper, but pleasant alternative.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thank you alll so much for posting. :goodvibes I agree that All Star has been ignored so lets hope to put an end to that. I have a laundry question and hoping that someone will have the answer. I will be at ASMU for 10 days and will probably need to do some laundry during one of our afternoon breaks. Can anyone tell me how much does it cost to wash and dry and are the laundry areas busy mid afternoon?

Also "Linda" if you are out there we would love to hear some of your tips.:thumbsup2

I stayed at Pop in May. Im staying At All Star Music for the first time. Thanks for the info. Are the games and movies my 5yr would be able do?:banana:

Cant wait till Oct! First time staying @ Music...Does anyone know if the movies will continue running at 9pm? or was this a summer peak thing?

Also "Linda" if you are out there we would love to hear some of your tips.:thumbsup2

I'm here.:wave2:

Tips to reduce room noise at your resort

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips:

I stay at the values quite often and have never had an issue with noise.

The noise issues come with :

1. The main pool is located very close to some of the value rooms.

The themed pools at the mods and deluxes are set away from the rooms.

Tip: Ask for a room facing away or located a ways from the main pool.

2. Turbo toilets

The Values are newer and have the turbo toilets.
* Note: AKL,OKW and SSR also have the turbo toilets.

Tip: Close your bathroom door at night because noise travels through the plumbing.

3. Connecting rooms

About 50% of the value rooms have connecting doors.

Noise will travel under the connecting doors in a room.

Tip: If you have noisy neighbors open your connecting door and place a rolled up bath towel on the floor between then close and lock your connecting door.

Some Guests have found that using a fan or white noise machigan helps them sleep better.

These tips should help you get a restful sleep wherever you choose to stay.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

The last several times Disney offered codes there were discounts on the family suites.

Were the codes just for packages or room only? I have a room only family suite booked for the end of October and couldn't get a AAA rate for it but didn't have any codes to book with when I booked it. Were they AP, General Public or Disney VISA?
It would really be nice to get a discount on the room since DD & her DH are going with us on a budget trip and we would all like to save a little money on the room to spend elsewhere in the World.:thumbsup2

This thread is a great idea!

We just returned from a trip to ASMu, our first since October 2005, when I fell in love with this resort. The renovated rooms are just gorgeous! The beds are comfortable, the new carpet is so cute with Mickey heads all over, and the wood furnishings are very beautiful.

We really like the food court and the pools, and the landscaping is so lush. In fact, after "remembering" why we fell in love with ASMu, we changed our Christmas reservations from one room at the Beach Club to two rooms at ASMu. Saved a lot of money, and we'll have two TVs, two bathrooms, and 4 beds! We always rent a car, and drive almost everywhere, so proximity to a theme park is not such a big deal for us.

Here are some pictures of the renovated rooms:

New bedspreads

img0880tm0.jpg

Towel Mickey head

img0885jq6.jpg

New table and chairs

img0883as3.jpg

Close-up of table with Mickey heads

img0884oo4.jpg

New armoire

img0882is6.jpg

img0889ik4.jpg

img0888vl1.jpg

New bathroom curtain with bowed rod

img0887cx7.jpg

New toiletries - soap and shampoo/conditioner combo (smelled great)

img0890et8.jpg

New headboard and lights

img0881ha8.jpg

Rack to hang coats, etc.

img0886xh3.jpg

By kath1210

I have a couple of questions. Do they have the frozen cokes like at POP? Also, what kind of movies do they show? Just cartoons or is it a mix? Thanks this is my families first stay here and we are really excited.:banana:

Is it true that there are never any pins, codes, or discounts offered for the family suites? Even during times like the Wonderful Weeks of Disney?

Not at all. We just used the Visa codes but found it less expensive to get two adjoining rooms than a single family suite - even after adding the fridge. I can't find my notes but IIRC the difference was more than $400 between the two.

Those codes were just recently released for the Disney Visas.

Can you move the bed against the wall? If they do move I thought it might give me more room.

I can't wait. I stayed at AS Music for my last trip, and I'm returning for my next one. 7 days today, at this time, we'll be landing in Orlando and heading to the resort to check in! I can't wait. I love the Music!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter