Aladdin's final performance on January 10, 2016

Don't forget to add "no stuffed baked potatoes" to your list.
And, I hear no more fresh made caramel popcorn cart!! Rumor is the one and only caramel corn cart is gone (or will soon be!) What is DL without caramel popcorn?! The packaged stuff is NOT the same to me. What is going on with disney?!

I mentioned on Facebook this morning that it definitely seems like the Disney Parks -- not just Disneyland Resort but WDW too -- are in a big transitional phase right now. They are gearing up to break ground on Star Wars Land next year, and they are adding a bunch of things to WDW in general. At the same time, things are disappearing from DLR and WDW, left and right. From pumpkin carvers, to fried green tomato sandwiches and bumblebee cupcakes, to Aladdin, to the Halloween Carnival, to the Ranch, petting zoo and BBQ, to the Osborne Lights at WDW.... a lot of things are disappearing or being reduced. The other day I was reminded that the pretzel rods had supposedly disappeared from DLR as well, because, apparently, they were not selling well. :confused:

There are probably other things that have been cut back or reduced, but they are lesser-known things that wouldn't be announced in a Parks Blog.

What?!?!?!?! The pretzel rods?!?!?! NOOOOOO! OK, now the two treats I enjoyed most are gone. Meanwhile, they continue to increase their prices. This next trip we have booked for next spring will probably sadly be our last for a very long time. I am so disappointed at all the changes occurring :sad2::sad::(

What?!?!?!?! The pretzel rods?!?!?! NOOOOOO! OK, now the two treats I enjoyed most are gone. Meanwhile, they continue to increase their prices. This next trip we have booked for next spring will probably sadly be our last for a very long time. I am so disappointed at all the changes occurring :sad2::sad::(

I have not seen evidence myself, in person, of the missing pretzel rods, so I cannot personally confirm it. I was reminded when I saw someone's comment online somewhere -- and I don't even remember where at this point -- about the rods not selling well and being removed. I was hoping we would find out that info was wrong when Halloween Time started (today) and people began really paying close attention to the treats! Hopefully the pretzel rods are not gone, or at least not gone from all stores that would sell them. We shall soon find out.

At one point Disneyland Resort had the insane idea to get ride of the gingerbread cookies with mouse ears -- this was a couple of years ago -- but they quickly realized what a foolish decision that was and continued to supply them. A CM in Trolley Treats told me about how the cookies had been discontinued :faint:, and then quickly brought back ... thank goodness! That was a close call -- and, thankfully, they came to their senses and brought the cookies back, but it just goes to show how easily they can decide to remove something so popular!

If Disney would like to lessen the blow of taking Aladdin away, they could always send the soon-to-be-displaced-from-WDW Osborne Lights over to California! They claim that because of the new Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land being built over there, they cannot continue with the lights. Surely those lights could find a home at DCA. ;) Although, at that point it would probably turn into Olaf's Spectacle of Lights or whatever.

If Disney would like to lessen the blow of taking Aladdin away, they could always send the soon-to-be-displaced-from-WDW Osborne Lights over to California!...Surely those lights could find a home at DCA. ;) Although, at that point it would probably turn into Olaf's Spectacle of Lights or whatever.

:lmao:

Seriously though, DHS is getting rid of the Osborne Lights? I hadn't heard that yet. Yikes! You're right though, Olaf's Spectacle of Lights would go hand in hand with Sleeping Beauty's Snow Covered Castle Presented by Elsa. They did name it that last year, right? 8-)

Last edited:

Seriously though, DHS is getting rid of the Osborne Lights? I hadn't heard that yet. Yikes! You're right though, Olaf's Spectacle of Lights would go hand in hand with Sleeping Beauty's Snow Covered Castle Presented by Elsa. They did name it that last year, right?

cindy's castle in WDW was actually the one taken over (Elsa did the lighting and everything) but when they stared to transition our castle for the diamond celebration you would not believe how many times I heard "Elsa's castle!" From kids and adults...

Seriously though, DHS is getting rid of the Osborne Lights? I hadn't heard that yet. Yikes! You're right though, Olaf's Spectacle of Lights would go hand in hand with Sleeping Beauty's Snow Covered Castle Presented by Elsa. They did name it that last year, right? 8-)

Yep -- the Osborne Lights are gone after early January. They have been there for 20 years. DCA needs a Spectacle like that. And our new land is going into DL, not into DCA. We can use those lights in DCA!!! Although, I am waiting for the inevitable blog that announces, "Due to the coming Star Wars Land, we can no longer present It's a Small World Holiday... but we WILL be introducing a new Matterhorn overlay, called Olaf's Matterhorn Madness!"

What's next with the "good" news? First, no more pumpkin carvers at DLR. :sad2: No more Halloween Carnival and no more Big Thunder Ranch. :sad: Then, no more Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. :sad: Next, no more fried green tomato sandwich and bumblebee cupcake. :sad:
:sad:
And now, no more Aladdin.:sad::sad::sad:

I mean, yes, there is a huge new land coming and it will be amazing, I'm sure, but still...

Wow - I had not been keeping up on the DL news that close. I knew about Big Thunder Ranch and was very, very sad about that. Then the Aladdin news made me find the thread to commiserate. Right now feeling really sad and quite unhappy with Disney's decisions. One thing that makes it so good is the variety of themes and items. Is Frontierland essentially going away? Or becoming the next frontier - ie, space? Frozen was always just cute for me and I've been over it for months - really once they decided to take over Norway at WDW and pretend that Frozen deserved a place in the World Showcase. :crazy2: And now one of my favorite DL shows is going the same way. :sad2: And then all the other removals at WDW with nothing showing up for a long, long time.

Yep -- the Osborne Lights are gone after early January. They have been there for 20 years. DCA needs a Spectacle like that. And our new land is going into DL, not into DCA. We can use those lights in DCA!!! Although, I am waiting for the inevitable blog that announces, "Due to the coming Star Wars Land, we can no longer present It's a Small World Holiday... but we WILL be introducing a new Matterhorn overlay, called Olaf's Matterhorn Madness!"

That. Would. Be. Awesome (Osborne Lights coming to DCA, not the "other" thing 8-)). Putting the lights throughout Hollywoodland would be amazing. One can hope.

I'm disappointed to hear they are closing Aladdin for Frozen. Like others, I wouldn't mind it changing..it's just to *another* Frozen show that's frustrating. Disney, you DO have other successful properties!!! I am very grateful we will be in DCA prior to its close so we can see it at least one more time (if not more) before it closes.

This is such sad news. Why limit the experiences at Disneyland to so few movies? I really think that is a mistake on Disney's part. I liked the movie Frozen, but at this point I am just over it. Sing a longs, meet and greets, parade appearances, songs in the fireworks and WOC...and now replacing the beloved Aladdin? Enough, already!

Same. Wow, this makes me sad. I love Aladdin and I know it's been around for a long time but replacing it with Frozen?! Really?! I hope we can take a trip before it's all over and see it one more time (or a few more times)! We're hoping we can swing a trip in time for the Christmas stuff.

After years of reading this boards I had to join to share my opinion on this whole thing. I do like Frozen but the amount of Frozen that has oversaturated DCA and the loss of Maelstrom has sometimes made me wish that Frozen had flopped in theaters. Then we wouldn't be having this discussion and we'd still have Maelstrom, Muppet Vision, and Aladdin wouldn't be going anywhere.

Never seen Aladdin......

but all things will change come Sept 15th when I see it for the very first time.:woohoo:

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Where are the mothers of the bride & groom? They're not dead, at least Aurora's mother isn't. We never see Phillip's mother at all!
This is something that bothers me, too. In most Disney movies, mothers are absent, dead, or evil, it seems. In the case of Aurora, the mother is simply a relatively unimportant, pleasant looking baby making machine with no backstory or personality to speak of... she doesn't even deserve to have a name (even though her husband does).

This is something that bothers me, too. In most Disney movies, mothers are absent, dead, or evil, it seems. In the case of Aurora, the mother is simply a relatively unimportant, pleasant looking baby making machine with no backstory or personality to speak of... she doesn't even deserve to have a name (even though her husband does).

The source material for Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid both featured a widower with children, I'm sure there are others but I can't think of any off the top of my head. Mulan actually had BOTH parents!

edit: So I did me some googlin'

Snow White in the original story her mom dies
Cinderella in the original story her mom dies
Sleeping Beauty in the original story her mom dies

Last edited:
I can't stop thinking about this and how sad it makes me. My 16 year old daughter who loves Frozen, even SHE thinks this is too much!! I really really hope we can get there and see it again before January 10th.

Since I was thinking about it, I made a scrapbook layout from when we were there last year. I hope it's not the last time!
2014_Aladdin_zpszhjkwtzc.jpg

(a couple of the photos are from the internet)

I can't stop thinking about this and how sad it makes me. My 16 year old daughter who loves Frozen, even SHE thinks this is too much!! I really really hope we can get there and see it again before January 10th.

Since I was thinking about it, I made a scrapbook layout from when we were there last year. I hope it's not the last time!
2014_Aladdin_zpszhjkwtzc.jpg

(a couple of the photos are from the internet)

MommyLove, OT, but what template (if any) did you use for your layout? Your pages looks awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter