AKV - Preview Ctr - One Bedroom - Photos

I think the rooms look amazing!! WOW! I can't wait to stay there! It does look a little dark but it could just be the pictures. I don't know if anyone checked it out, but the points schedule for 2007/2008 look resonable. I was concerned that the points were going to be a lot higher due to the 5th person accomodation.....but they're NOT!!! We're definitely taking a tour when we go in June. (I've already left a message with our VC Guide!)

Thanks so much for the pics!!!

My biggest concern is actually how durable and water/stain/scratch resistant these furnishings will be. The carpet design is going to be good for covering small stains, but the red couch has no pattern at all and is a lighter shade of red that your eye is drawn to as soon as you enter the room - so unless it is very easy to clean and does not attract water marks from wet behinds, it's going to look dirty fast. I

OMG, do people actually do this? sit on the furniture with wet behinds? :confused3

Tiny? You call that tiny? You should see how small the coffee table is in studio at BWV. You need an electron microscope to see it!!!:rotfl:
One advantage to such a small table is that if they don't provide a bedside table on the wall side of the queen bed, it might be possible to fit that small coffee table next to the bed. The floor plan shows a second bedside table but since they didn't put one in the model room I'm preparing myself for disappointment here and looking at what else I could fit into that space and that little table looks to be the right size.

The floor plan shows two of those small coffee tables in the studio but it looks like they opted to give us only one. With two, at least I could use one next to the bed and still have one small coffee table near the couch.

OMG, do people actually do this? sit on the furniture with wet behinds? :confused3

It's all about the swimsuits. And yes, I do think there are lots of people that don't change into dry clothes before sitting down - especially if they are just damp and/or are planning to go back to the pool shortly.

And my husband and children are horrible about leaving wet towels on beds/hardwood floors/furniture even at home - no matter how many times I fuss at them. Drives me crazy.

Please keep in mind that these are UNofficial photos.
Room specifics subject to change.
Not all finish work had been completed at the time of these photos.

Certainly puts the "Be" in beautiful!

I'm really hooked on my Boardwalk Villas because of the proximity to EPCOT and MGM (nice leisurely walks) as well as knowing so many of the cast at those parks and at the Boardwalk. Also like walking in for dinner or the fireworks.

However, I admit that it would be nice, on occasion, so lounge away at the Animal Kingdom Villas.

And your pictures just make it that much more tempting. Thanks, again, for sharing.

One overused word - AWESOME. They've taken what was the best new resort at DisneyW and continued the plan into the DVC enterprise. I am totally psyched.

What I am wondering is....is that a steam shower? With the tall glass walls, it seems like it almost could be. Would depend on the fixtures, I guess. But wouldn't that be a nice added ammenity?

Thanks to everyone who has shared their model room photos!

However, I admit that it would be nice, on occasion, so lounge away at the Animal Kingdom Villas.

We bought at AKV with those thoughts. Once a year take a relaxing vacation at AKV and soak up the resort and all of its beautiful theming.

Thanks for posting the pictures. They are great.

I am not a big fan of the dark color scheme though...

Glad I own at SSR....

Up until now I haven't been tempted to add points anywhere other than BWV, but after seeing those photos, man..how beautiful can villa be!!! Even my dd, 13, who has had no inclination to stay at AKL is now saying she HAS to stay at ALKV's. No place else has inspired that reaction in her to date.

If I had to be picky i would say that the faux wood on the front of the bar looks a bit to plasticky ( is that a word?).
The roll in shower looks great with the bench at the back. I always like to sit and let the shower beat on me for a while.
I like the roll in showers and they are great for those that use a chair to get around.
Theo

We're loving it! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 SO glad we added on there, it will be a nice supplement to our BWV points. I showed DH the photos last night. We both agreed that the black appliances look great and that white would have looked 'tacky'. He did see my point about the 'gap' of wall showing between the bottom of the valances and above the sliding glass door does look 'off' (I said tacky, but since I used that description in the last sentence :rolleyes1 ). It looks like something was mis-measured. We also noticed the pvc pipes showing under the sinks. DH felt that the doors weren't on yet (we saw the disclaimer that some finish work wasn't completed).

If I had to be picky i would say that the faux wood on the front of the bar looks a bit to plasticky ( is that a word?).

Theo

I comlpetely agree - that just looks tacky as heck. Either put some real wood down there, or tear it out.

grim pirate:

I comlpetely agree - that just looks tacky as heck. Either put some real wood down there, or tear it out.

grim pirate:

I think that covering it with a woven material or grass mat like material would be better and probably cheaper
Theo

I think a woven material would be nicer indeed - but I'm not convinced yet it isn't wood. Digital camera lighting can make things look wacky. If it is plastic, it would be a real shame - HUGE amounts of money spent on hand carved furniture throughout the resort then plastic garbage? Doesn't fit... Has anyone actually seen it in person to test our hypothesis?

One advantage to such a small table is that if they don't provide a bedside table on the wall side of the queen bed, it might be possible to fit that small coffee table next to the bed. The floor plan shows a second bedside table but since they didn't put one in the model room I'm preparing myself for disappointment here and looking at what else I could fit into that space and that little table looks to be the right size.

Last time we were at VWL we shoved the high chair in that small space. It worked. I looked at the picture of the coffee table in the AKV studio and thought it was adorable because it was so small????

I think a woven material would be nicer indeed - but I'm not convinced yet it isn't wood. Digital camera lighting can make things look wacky. If it is plastic, it would be a real shame - HUGE amounts of money spent on hand carved furniture throughout the resort then plastic garbage? Doesn't fit... Has anyone actually seen it in person to test our hypothesis?

At least they could have just stained it if it is wood instead of painting it what appears to be one solid shade of brown.

Last time we were at VWL we shoved the high chair in that small space. It worked.
We did exactly the same thing! :rotfl: I just don't see why DVC doesn't provide a small table on that side of the bed. Where are people supposed to put their glasses, watch, etc. when they go to bed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter