• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Jambo 1 BR and the fantastic Disney Waterparks! (update 8/1) Complete

What a great TR! Very relaxing indeed. Ugh, what a TERRIBLE child. Thank goodness your flight is only from MCO to BWI and not MCO to LAX! :scared1:

What a great TR! Very relaxing indeed. Ugh, what a TERRIBLE child. Thank goodness your flight is only from MCO to BWI and not MCO to LAX! :scared1:

I couldn't imagine having my sanity if I had to be on the same plane with him for over 5 hours :faint: so many times I almost said something to the dad but I held my tongue. I did ask the stewardess to help but she didn't do anything. I was simply flabbergasted the dad didn't stop it.

It really was a fabulous trip. Might have been a short one, but it was just perfect.

Sounds like a relaxing end to your vacation. I love the idea to just head to the waterpark for a couple of hours to relax. I may have to borrow the idea for our next vacation. In our case it will be Aquatica as this is right across the road from our hotel and we will get free admission for the length of our trip with our Discovery Cove visit.

What a shame that the trip back was decidedly less than magical. A few things that you mentioned raised a flag with me that the boy in question may be on the autistic spectrum. When I was still teaching, I taught a few kids with Asperger's or other types of high functioning Autism and I recognised them in your account. That does not make it any less annoying for you.

Corinna

Sounds like a relaxing end to your vacation. I love the idea to just head to the waterpark for a couple of hours to relax. I may have to borrow the idea for our next vacation. In our case it will be Aquatica as this is right across the road from our hotel and we will get free admission for the length of our trip with our Discovery Cove visit.

It was so nice. I loved having the PAP, otherwise there's no way we'd do something like that. That'll be nice you'll be right across from Aquatica. I'm really hoping its hot enough in December for swimming.

What a shame that the trip back was decidedly less than magical. A few things that you mentioned raised a flag with me that the boy in question may be on the autistic spectrum. When I was still teaching, I taught a few kids with Asperger's or other types of high functioning Autism and I recognised them in your account. That does not make it any less annoying for you.

Corinna

I figured he had to have something. His outbursts were just not normal. Others included 'don't touch me, DON'T TOUCH ME!!!' And 'sit back and relax, SIT BACK AND RELAX!!!' Like anyone could relax with him yelling at his dad.

It was so nice. I loved having the PAP, otherwise there's no way we'd do something like that. That'll be nice you'll be right across from Aquatica. I'm really hoping its hot enough in December for swimming.

Graham's mantra is if he does not need to break the ice, then it is warm enough to swim. We have both swam in Florida at the end of November and it was fine. The water tends to be heated and we just make sure that there is a towel nearby to wrap ourselves in.

Corinna

Perfect trip! And perfect trip report! I LOVED reading it. We just got back from BLT and AKL. (First time at AKL. We were also in a 1 bedroom, Jambo House.) We went to TL for the first time this trip. So much fun. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!! :)

Well it sounds like you had a great trip with the exception of the devil spawn kid! Wow! How could that happen. I understand that kids misbehave and I understand that kids with learning disabilities or other disabilities are difficult, but parents really need to step up in public and not allow their kids to ruin other people's worlds.

Now just another month until the trip where we get to meet!

Any word if Leshaface will be joining us? I need to make us a lunch reservation!

Graham's mantra is if he does not need to break the ice, then it is warm enough to swim. We have both swam in Florida at the end of November and it was fine. The water tends to be heated and we just make sure that there is a towel nearby to wrap ourselves in.

Corinna

That's way too cold for me! :rotfl: heated water does help though, I'll have to remember to keep a towel close. Mom is really hoping to be able to do the waterparks in December.

Perfect trip! And perfect trip report! I LOVED reading it. We just got back from BLT and AKL. (First time at AKL. We were also in a 1 bedroom, Jambo House.) We went to TL for the first time this trip. So much fun. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!! :)

Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed reading :goodvibes how do you like BLT? That's still on the list for me. Glad you tried AKL, I love it there so much. Will you be back?

Well it sounds like you had a great trip with the exception of the devil spawn kid! Wow! How could that happen. I understand that kids misbehave and I understand that kids with learning disabilities or other disabilities are difficult, but parents really need to step up in public and not allow their kids to ruin other people's worlds.

I couldn't believe our bad luck. And I really couldn't believe that the dad didn't try to curb the behavior. One or two outbursts was one thing but he continued the whole trip and the dad didn't do anything.

Now just another month until the trip where we get to meet!

Any word if Leshaface will be joining us? I need to make us a lunch reservation!

I'm so excited! All yesterday I kept thinking, one month until my trip!!! :cool1:

Do you have her number? Should we call or text her?

Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed reading :goodvibes how do you like BLT? That's still on the list for me. Glad you tried AKL, I love it there so much. Will you be back?

We love BLT, despite all the mixed reviews I've read on here. I like being so close to MK and right in the middle of it all. AKL was so beautiful. I really felt like I wanted to be there as much as possible to enjoy it all. BLT is home for us, but we want to start exploring some of the other DVCs now on future trips. Congrats on the GFV, too!! How exciting!

We love BLT, despite all the mixed reviews I've read on here. I like being so close to MK and right in the middle of it all. AKL was so beautiful. I really felt like I wanted to be there as much as possible to enjoy it all. BLT is home for us, but we want to start exploring some of the other DVCs now on future trips. Congrats on the GFV, too!! How exciting!

I want to try them all so I can decide on my favorites. Problem is each one has been great so far. The only negative I've read about BLT is that the furniture shows a lot of wear and tear, but of course I don't know from first hand experience. Thanks so much, I'm so excited to stay at the GF, it's been a dream for years!

Yeah, just got back from a week in Amelia Island late last night. I've already started setting things aside for Hawaii!:beach:

Very cool :) I'm actually heading down there in a few weeks for a very short trip. How was the weather?

Very cool :) I'm actually heading down there in a few weeks for a very short trip. How was the weather?

It was wonderful! It is much cooler with the ocean breezes. Most afternoons there were thunderstorms, but we planned around it. We were checking out areas as we hope to retire there in about five years.

It was wonderful! It is much cooler with the ocean breezes. Most afternoons there were thunderstorms, but we planned around it. We were checking out areas as we hope to retire there in about five years.

Mom and her DBF have a vacation home in St Mary's, they love it down there. I'm going to be visiting a friend and going to the beach with my dog. I'll keep an eye on the weather forecast. Bummer about the thunderstorms, glad you were able to work around them :)

I'm still really hoping to go. Some unexpected expenses came up late last week, so i'm not sure if I (or if DH comes with me, We) can go into the parks at all :sad2: :furious:

Also, which day exactly, Alison, are you going to be there?

Sorry about the unexpected expenses :( if you can't do the parks that's ok, we could still get together for dinner. I'll have a car, I can meet you guys anywhere :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter